Help Advertise Tierkreis!

The Forum Rules and Guidelines.
Also important announcements relating to the site and the boards
Dazz

Re: Help Advertise Tierkreis!

Post by Dazz »

There's 186 mugshots there though - that's a complete fabrication of the scale. That's called lying.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

I think I will increase the time limit of the contest. Many people are busy playing Tierkreis, so maybe its better to wait until more people are done and have time to work on ads.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Maybe you should consider the possibility that people simply don't want to support Tierkreis?
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
iamjiefei

Post by iamjiefei »

@dazz

I appreciate your trying to critique, but I feel your tone is coming off somewhat rude and not very constructive. I could be misinterpreting though.

In my defense, I remember when I played Suikoden 1 and 2, there were a lot of character portraits and I didn't know who I could or couldn't recruit. Anyone seemed like they had the potential of joining, regardless of whether or not they were for or against you at any one point. The power of the Tenkai Star maybe?

Current fans will probably purchase the game regardless. The point of the my ad was not to show exactly what you can or can't do. It was to give an impression of the game and its potential. Onlookers would generally form much less specific ideas. The greyed out portraits aren't supposed to be explicit representations of only potential recruits, but any character to be interacted with.

I was hoping that this would be less of a place for critiquing, and more for just enjoying a design challenge with fellow fans. So I won't discuss this any further.

Anyways, apologies for the ramble.
GhostToast

Post by GhostToast »

KoRnholio wrote:I think I will increase the time limit of the contest. Many people are busy playing Tierkreis, so maybe its better to wait until more people are done and have time to work on ads.
nooo! that will only decrease my chances of winning!
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:Maybe you should consider the possibility that people simply don't want to support Tierkreis?
Actually, this isn't a volume thing. I have been surprised by how many entries there have been so far. But I also read a comment in this thread that somebody did a quick version of their ad because of the short time limit. I'm hoping there's not more people who feel the same way.

Also, just because the 'opposition' to Tierkreis is vocal, does not mean its the majority. Most people are giving Tierkreis a chance, and finding that its not bad at all.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

KoRnholio wrote:Most people are giving Tierkreis a chance, and finding that its not bad at all.
You base this on what? GameFAQ's silences anyone that voices displeasure under the guise of moderating trolling. If this forum is any indication, there's a 50/50 division.

Frankly, it should sting in peoples eyes that the first time Konami seem to give a flying **** about the series outside Japan is also the same time they rape it. Getting people to support Tierkreis is going to be interesting as supporting it is also supporting the end of the original series.

Helping advertising it is a cute idea. Novel even. Wrong game though.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Mito-Suiko

Post by Mito-Suiko »

I think that is quite unfair. For me, at least.
I already made 5 ads (including versions) so far, but I can still play Tierkreis 100%.
Also, I'm a college student, and I can manage my time wisely. That's not an excuse for me,
2 weeks = long enough.

And I love Suikoden! That's why I want to make ads for it.

But somehow you have a point. It's fine, but don't extend too much. :)
I'll just have to make more. :P

@iamjiefei
You have a point. But advertisements doesn't almost show all features(characters) of the PRODUCT.
That's Suikoden's asset, so, putting 108+ mugshots is unnecessary.
And how can you print your ad? Do have that large-sized glossy paper?

It's still better if its size is like a short bond paper.
Haha! You should thank me on this coz' I'm giving you tips. :)
Anyways,
ALWAYS CHECK OUT MY POST ON THE SECOND PAGE!!
iamjiefei

Post by iamjiefei »

@mito-suiko
I'm pretty sure I set the page size for 8.5 x 11, but I might have left the dpi at 150, haha. Oops.
Dazz

Post by Dazz »

According to everyone I've spoken to, the game is actually incredibly fun, one of those "DS Must-Have"s
Although I'm an old old OLD school Suikoden Fan, from the day the original was released, I can still appreciate the idea of this; I'm not going to voice out against it, in fact, bring it on - the game is introducing more people to the series, not in the same light as the originals, BUT; With the hope that perhaps they will play the originals. PSN holds Suikoden 1, and hell, Suikoden 2 has to be there soon.
GhostToast

Post by GhostToast »

i dunno about you guys, but i made my ad at work, so as not to cut into my play time.

though i gotta admit, GTA: CW has been eating a lot of my time.

anyway. ad development shouldn't take too long. and I'd love to develop another one but i don't wanna get busted here at work :D
GhostToast

Post by GhostToast »

so...uh... results?
BadPotato

Post by BadPotato »

These add are bad and boring... does this was made with paint/photofiltre...? if I had to vote; the KoRnholio sample seem more original and funny than the other one. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
GhostToast

Post by GhostToast »

apparently this contest is fail.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

GhostToast wrote:apparently this contest is fail.
I extended it two weeks. Today was the deadline.