Miscellaneous errors

Point out errors and hear of new features at http://www.suikosource.com
Celes
Global Admin

Re: Miscellaneous errors

Post by Celes »

Antimatzist wrote:Richmond? He's not automatic (and not listed as such). You cannot forward with the story without Yu, which means he's an automatic (the term "forced" might be better) recruit.
Yu is marked as such now.
like2h wrote:http://www.suikosource.com/games/sod.php?pf=S2
83 Sasuke:If kasumi, castle level is 3, not 4.
Fixed.
Sasarai10 wrote:http://www.suikosource.com/games/sod.php?pf=S4

69 Deborah Chiyu After making an alliance with Middleport, speak with Deborah at the inn in Middleport.
70 Oskar Chizoku Joins with Deborah.

Actually they can be recruited before making alliance with Middleport.
Afaik, you cannot recruit Deborah or Oskar earlier. Can someone confirm this?
Sasarai10 wrote:54 Brec Tenkoku Joins with Jango.
55 Jango Tenbou After naming your army and ship and after acquiring 51 Stars of Destiny, return to your room.

Once you enter your room and they are in, you can't leave unless you speak to them.
While this is correct, you can still miss them if you don't have that many stars ever.
Sasarai10 wrote:57 Gau Tensatsu After naming your army and ship, return to the Hermitage Island and wander around the forest in front of Elenor's house. Gau will eventually appear as a random encounter and will need to be defeated.

If you encounter Gau as an enemy and after defeating him, you choose "Sorry we have to leave" you have to fight him again, till you accept.
Once you encounter him, he joins no matter what? What happens if you loose?
Wolkendrache wrote:http://www.suikosource.com/runes/list/? ... %20Tactics
It says "Skills only available while riding Kagacorns", it should be "Skills deactivated while riding Kangacorns". Not sure if all skills are affected, but most at least. Kangacorn is misspelled in case you haven't noticed.
EDIT: maybe you meant the spells of the rune are only useable when mounted? It's still worth mentioning that skills are deactivated while mounted...
Fixed.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Celes wrote:
Sasarai10 wrote:57 Gau Tensatsu After naming your army and ship, return to the Hermitage Island and wander around the forest in front of Elenor's house. Gau will eventually appear as a random encounter and will need to be defeated.

If you encounter Gau as an enemy and after defeating him, you choose "Sorry we have to leave" you have to fight him again, till you accept.
Once you encounter him, he joins no matter what? What happens if you loose?
Game over and the game gives you a prompt to retry the battle
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I'm not sure about Deborah and Oskar. The games can get weird when it comes to which event triggers which recruit.

Just wanted to confirm that even with all non-optional recruits (and that you need 31 characters to enter Pirate's Nest for the first time), you may end up with less than 51 stars and thus are unable o recruit Jango and Brec.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

gildedtalon wrote: Game over and the game gives you a prompt to retry the battle
This.

So this is the only way to avoid him. By choosing to end the game.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Antimatzist wrote:Suikoden I & II Comparison Guide
Suikoden features different ending images. I can provide them for you if you want.
No, I did not forget about this for a year and a half and only fixed it now, and frankly I'm offended that anyone would suggest such a thing.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Skrybe

Post by Skrybe »

Both the character list and the Suikoden 2 recruitment guide say Tomo requires castle level 3. I have gotten her at castle level 2 multiple times, including in a current playthrough. I suspect that she doesn't have a castle level requirement, but I haven't tried at level 1.

Also, I'm pretty certain it's impossible to recruit Yuzu without getting Hix and Tengaar first. You aren't allowed access to the forest behind Kobold Village otherwise.
Kahran042

Post by Kahran042 »

The war unit guide lists Culgan as an infantry unit, but he's actually an archer unit.
faospark

Post by faospark »

will the main site ever be updated?
BlueMage279

Post by BlueMage279 »

Under the unites for S2, it lists the Family Attack as 1.0x damage. Is that accurate? I thought it was 2.0x damage.
OneRune

Post by OneRune »

Luca Blight should be listed as Invincible/Invulnerable to Unbalanced status. I just battled him using three characters with Down runes attached. Many hits landed, but not a single “knockdown”.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

If you're talking about in the bestiary, that was pulled straight from the game's data. It's possible, maybe even likely, that he has a scripted immunity of some kind. It wouldn't be the first time the developers opted to ignore data values in favor of hard-coding something else. Still, I don't know if the info should be revised without additional reports or investigation.
psychedelist

Post by psychedelist »

Correct me if i'm wrong, but the bestiary's "Unbalanced" data is based on the byte that goes before "Sleep" byte. From my experience of messing with these flags, it has nothing to do with Unbalanced resistance. Notice how the only enemies that have it set are the scripted Neclord encounters and the pre-endgame Pixie. If it's set to invulnerable (Neclord), then the enemy doesn't take damage from anything. If it's set to strong, the enemy halves physical damage. Interestingly, there is another byte that seems to function similarly, it goes before "Fire" byte (may be the first byte in the resistance bytes array). Luca has it set to 2 (Strong) and indeed he halves physical damage, just like all the magic elements. The actual Unbalanced resistance is stored somewhere else after this resistance array and in a completely different format, not as a 0-3 value but as a bit flag. Most bosses are invulnerable to Unbalanced (including Luca), but not all.

On a side note, Silence resistance doesn't work at all, the chance is always 20% (Silence rune). So the Silence byte doesn't do anything, or maybe it affects something else that we don't know. And Instant Death always succeeds unless it's "Invulnerable" (normal, "weak" and "strong" make no difference). It's true that this info is taken from the game data, but given how it's processed by the game, it might be not the best way of presenting it to the player.
OneRune

Post by OneRune »

Pyriel wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:31 pm If you're talking about in the bestiary, that was pulled straight from the game's data. It's possible, maybe even likely, that he has a scripted immunity of some kind. It wouldn't be the first time the developers opted to ignore data values in favor of hard-coding something else. Still, I don't know if the info should be revised without additional reports or investigation.
As the user above me noted, many bosses seem to Invulnerable to Unbalanced, though I believe some of them aren't. (Abomination, perhaps?) I've been experimenting with different runes and Down is a great rune to stick on Speedy, L-Range characters when going through dungeons, but the rune is almost always worthless when you reach a boss.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

It's been about 12 years and 5 computers since I ripped that information. I honestly couldn't tell you what our thinking on any of the more obscure stuff was. If it's not mentioned in the thread where we discussed creating the bestiary, which is somewhere in the S2 forum under a somewhat misleading name unless the title was changed. I honestly couldn't tell you.

And, yeah, mistakes or incomplete understandings are possibilities I neglected to mention. I do remember silence and knockdown resistance being open questions, and a couple bits of data seemed to do nothing, or they had odd effects in random encounters. Although, honestly, I was more concerned with there being about 20 different instances of Highland Soldiers. I'd never encountered a game that organized its data the way Suikoden games do, and thought I'd made some massive mistake.
OneRune

Post by OneRune »

Pyriel wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:16 am It's been about 12 years and 5 computers since I ripped that information. I honestly couldn't tell you what our thinking on any of the more obscure stuff was. If it's not mentioned in the thread where we discussed creating the bestiary, which is somewhere in the S2 forum under a somewhat misleading name unless the title was changed. I honestly couldn't tell you.

And, yeah, mistakes or incomplete understandings are possibilities I neglected to mention. I do remember silence and knockdown resistance being open questions, and a couple bits of data seemed to do nothing, or they had odd effects in random encounters. Although, honestly, I was more concerned with there being about 20 different instances of Highland Soldiers. I'd never encountered a game that organized its data the way Suikoden games do, and thought I'd made some massive mistake.

Just wanted to do my civic duty and point out the error! I'm sure most people wouldn't have noticed, or cared. I've spent more time in the game than any other, and this website has been more than helpful to me since 2004 -- so THANK YOU for all that you do!