Miscellaneous errors

Point out errors and hear of new features at http://www.suikosource.com
Pyriel
Webmaster

Re: Miscellaneous errors

Post by Pyriel »

Yeah, but it's not quite the same error as if they'd died before their births. It's more a moderate clarification really. IIRC that timeline comes from a number of sources, and the duel date is based on a Japanese guide or novelization. It was likely provided by Blue Moon.

Edit: Probably worth pointing out that the timeline is pared down from a larger one that has a few lines of details on most of the events. In the original, I remember it briefly explaining about Crowley and Mazus/Mathers being reborn after both perishing after their duel. When it was edited down, some clarity was obviously lost.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

There has never been any clarification about Mazus and Crowley because there's no official explenation for how they duelled before they were born, all Konami have ever said is that it's not an error.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Solar Year 340: Crowley vs. Mazus
The magician Mazus challenged his teacher, Crowley, to a magical duel. The fight took place in what is currently known as Northern Senan, and lasted many days, disintegrating three mountains and a lake in the process. In the end, both Mazus and Crowley were killed from the fury of their own magic. The Senan Badlands and the Karakas Desert were created as a result of this duel.

Solar Year 345: Crowley is Born
Five years after his death, the ancient wizard Crowley was said to have been reborn. Historians are uncertain how this is possible, but some suspect this to be the work of arcane wizardry. Take a look at the Reincarnation of Crowley and Mazus for more information.
Official or not, that's what I was remembering.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

Tigermouth is the village in Tinto region, Drakemouth is in Two River region (at least in the PAL version I play).
On this site it is always confused with each other:
- Tigermouth is where "Shu got violent"
- Drakemouth is taken by zombies
- in Sierra's entry: "At Tinto, she slept in the Drakemouth Village Inn for a long time", until she was recruited by Riou.
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Here it says that Viki is non-optional:

http://www.suikosource.com/games/sod.php?pf=S2

But she isn't,she won't join automaticly if you deny her request
Omnigamer

Post by Omnigamer »

There are some other requirements for recruiting Emilia than are listed in the S2 Character Guide. I haven't been able to confirm yet, but it's probably Castle Level 2. It may also require having an Old Book in your inventory, but I think I tried this and it didn't change anything.

Also, any chance the damage equations page can be updated with the information I posted earlier, including the War Battle probabilities?
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Suikoden IV recruitment:

You list Yu as optional, but you MUST recruit him (you even point it out, but he's highlighted).

Adrienne has a second recruitment: if you don't get her in Obel, she will be later in Middleport and can be recruited when you give her the Silver Hammer.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Suikoden: Saturn Comparison
You miss that also the menu structure is different and more reminiscent of Suikoden II's.

Suikoden I & II Comparison Guide
Suikoden features different ending images. I can provide them for you if you want.

I don't know about the second game - a friend of mine is currently playing through it and he'll notify me if it changes. ;)
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Clarify what you mean by ending images for me.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

If you recruited Gremio, that is. They are very different in the PSP version
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Oh yeah, you're right. Well I can get the one with Gremio simply enough but I don't have any non-Gremio save file.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Ok I (hopefully) attached both versions, feel free to use them. )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Omnigamer wrote:There are some other requirements for recruiting Emilia than are listed in the S2 Character Guide. I haven't been able to confirm yet, but it's probably Castle Level 2. It may also require having an Old Book in your inventory, but I think I tried this and it didn't change anything.

Also, any chance the damage equations page can be updated with the information I posted earlier, including the War Battle probabilities?
i'm pretty certain the castle has to be level 2 because otherwise she won't have a library to be in charge of. updated
also updated Viki in S2 as being optional (gotta try that next time! but obviously i would just save-state to see what happens when you reject..). We're leaving Yu as optional because he's not an auto-join as the story progresses; you have to actively find him.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

But without him, the story won't progress at all. Similarly, you need a minimum amount of characters (I think 43) to progress the story later on at the Pirate's Nest, otherwise, Katarina won't show up. So you really need more characters (something similar happens early in obel, you need one or two optional recruits to progress the story).
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Jocky wrote:Yeah, I think its maybe just a typo. You have to have Milich recruited before Ivanov will join you, but not actually IN your party.
Ivanov will join as long as Scarleticia is cleared.
AlOnZo wrote:Not really an error just a missing quote from the Teo and Pahn duel:

"Now that I've seen what you've got, I'll show you what I can do."

Followed by a Desperate Attack. Why, Teo, whyyyyy?!
It's been solved by the new Duel Guide.
Antimatzist wrote:Suikodn IV recruitment list:

If you didn't recruit Adrienne in Obel, you can recruit her in Middleport later if you bring her the Silver Hammer.
Fixed.
Omnigamer wrote:I have some corrections/additions for Suikoden II's Damage Equations in the In-Depth Guides.

CORRECTION:
Critical Hits
Actual formula is:
(TECH+(LUCK/2))/16 = Critical Hit percentage

ADDITIONS:
Hit Chance:

(Attacker TECH - (Defender SPEED - 80) + HitBonus) = Hit%
*Note: Bounded between 100% and 35%, ie you always have at least 35% chance to hit. HitBonus refers to items like Thunder God Garb and Thunder Amulet which raise Hit, but not TECH.

War Battle Technique Hit Rate:
Fire Spears: 50% chance to hit per target
Adlai's Explosion: 50% chance to hit per target
Luc's Wind Magic: 30% chance to hit
Jeane's Lightning: 2 distinct 30% chances to hit
*Note: None of the above are affected by Atk or Def values at all.

I verified each of the above through checking the game's code. I don't know what Mazus's Fire Magic hit chance is since I didn't have him available during testing.
Fixed Damage Equations, added the new caclulations and gave Omnigamer credit for it.
Omnigamer wrote:SECRETS Correction:
The Suikoden II "Armor Swapping" bug should be removed since the instructions to reproduce it are impossible and as of yet nobody has reported a successful method to use it. If nothing else, it should at least be labeled as "Bogus" or something along those lines.
Can someone confirm this doesn't working?
Wolkendrache wrote:More stuff for completion: In the geography section there are no entries for Drakemouth (S2; Dunan) and Terana Plains (Tactics; Kooluk).
- Drakemouth
- Anyone likes to contribute the missing description for Terana Plains? I will gladly add it then.
Wolkendrache wrote:Tigermouth is the village in Tinto region, Drakemouth is in Two River region (at least in the PAL version I play).
On this site it is always confused with each other:
- Tigermouth is where "Shu got violent"
- Drakemouth is taken by zombies
- in Sierra's entry: "At Tinto, she slept in the Drakemouth Village Inn for a long time", until she was recruited by Riou.
- Fixed, although it was merely a comment by the author
- Where is this? Coudn't find it
- Fixed