Miscellaneous errors

Point out errors and hear of new features at http://www.suikosource.com
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Re: Miscellaneous errors

Post by Wolkendrache »

Celes wrote: - Where is this? Cound't find it
In the Drakemouth entry you just gave above. On that link Drakemouth is still listed under Tinto region.
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
Omnigamer

Post by Omnigamer »

For the Armor Swapping bug, there were discussions for it in the S2 Bugs thread as well as its own thread. The general concensus is that the given instructions are flat impossible and anybody who claims to have done it has no recollection or how or with what equipment. If nothing else there is no clear way to reproduce it, or any indication that it exists at all (no videos, images, etc).
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Wolkendrache wrote:
Celes wrote: - Where is this? Cound't find it
In the Drakemouth entry you just gave above. On that link Drakemouth is still listed under Tinto region.
Fixed.
Omnigamer wrote:For the Armor Swapping bug, there were discussions for it in the S2 Bugs thread as well as its own thread. The general concensus is that the given instructions are flat impossible and anybody who claims to have done it has no recollection or how or with what equipment. If nothing else there is no clear way to reproduce it, or any indication that it exists at all (no videos, images, etc).
Thanks. In that case I removed it entirely.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

Question @Celes: when I click on your location links there is a location navigating table on the upper left corner. I can't manage to activate this on my own. Only a timeline events table shows up when I click on any location in the geography section, so how do I do this?
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

The timeline is shown on the nation level, while the location submenu is shown at the location level.
Click on any location (title) on the nation level in order to trigger it.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

Thanks! Now, when I click on "other locations" and "Tinto Republic", I can't click it again to trigger it for the locations of the republic. So how can I find Tigermouth now? (I remember your original Drakemouth link listed all Tinto locations in the upper left) Thanks again in advance.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Well, I have to admit I guess the whole thing went kind of broken over time so the nevigation as a whole isn't sonsistent at all ... Perhaps this can be fixed when the new design in online.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

ok ok i'll make Yu an "automatic" star. the reason is you hvae to actively recruit other characters (like Richmond), but it felt easier to say someone like Richmond is automatic because there's some elaborate scenes that move the story forward, while for Yu it's just like "join us" "ok"... but we're talking about Suikoden IV so... right
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Richmond? He's not automatic (and not listed as such). You cannot forward with the story without Yu, which means he's an automatic (the term "forced" might be better) recruit.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

oh yeah, Richmond helps with recruiting Shu but isn't automatic.

our original way was similar to how you kind of have to recruit Tai Ho in Suikoden 2. is there someone else who can operate a boat in that game when you're required to find someone who operates a boat? I don't remember if he's truly "optional" or the game just makes you search around and ultimately have to go with Tai Ho. I think this is similar to Yu's situation.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

Amada can also run the boat. You can skip Amada, but then you must recruit Tai Ho/Yam Koo. Conversely, you can skip Tai Ho/Yam Koo, but then you must recruit Amada. One or the other is mandated, the other is optional. You can recruit both, but you cannot recruit neither.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

interesting..
like2h

Post by like2h »

http://www.suikosource.com/games/sod.php?pf=S2
83 Sasuke:If kasumi, castle level is 3, not 4.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Some things i noticed...

http://www.suikosource.com/games/sod.php?pf=S4

69 Deborah Chiyu After making an alliance with Middleport, speak with Deborah at the inn in Middleport.
70 Oskar Chizoku Joins with Deborah.

Actually they can be recruited before making alliance with Middleport.

54 Brec Tenkoku Joins with Jango.
55 Jango Tenbou After naming your army and ship and after acquiring 51 Stars of Destiny, return to your room.

Once you enter your room and they are in, you can't leave unless you speak to them.

57 Gau Tensatsu After naming your army and ship, return to the Hermitage Island and wander around the forest in front of Elenor's house. Gau will eventually appear as a random encounter and will need to be defeated.

If you encounter Gau as an enemy and after defeating him, you choose "Sorry we have to leave" you have to fight him again, till you accept.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

http://www.suikosource.com/runes/list/? ... %20Tactics
It says "Skills only available while riding Kagacorns", it should be "Skills deactivated while riding Kangacorns". Not sure if all skills are affected, but most at least. Kangacorn is misspelled in case you haven't noticed.
EDIT: maybe you meant the spells of the rune are only useable when mounted? It's still worth mentioning that skills are deactivated while mounted...