Point out errors and hear of new features at http://www.suikosource.com
Antimatzist

Re: [Runes List] Discussion & Bug Reports

Post by Antimatzist »

And both mean "Swallow"?
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

And I always think that both rune are one rune. Used by sword user or at least somethig like a double sword used by Kyril.
I've came with an army who loves death like Yours loves live.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

so the Swallow Rune in Tactics and the main series has the same "words"? they are distinctly different, though.... one is for sword masters and try to instantly kill enemies (almost an advanced-version of the generic Viper Rune, on the rarity level of the Falcon Rune) ... Kyril's rune does completely different things with a completely different weapon.
i'll try to look into the Cedric / Tactics / True Holy stuff.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

More like they have the same name, they just use different spellings. Just like armour and armor are the same word.

Similarily the Gadget Rune is からくりの紋章 in I - III but カラクリの紋章 in V, both read karakuri no monshu.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
BlueMage279

Post by BlueMage279 »

What do the little crystal images mean in the Runes List? Each rune has either from 1-4 gray crystals or 1 red crystal depicted under Suikoden X data.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

It says on the first page, it's rarity.
BlueMage279

Post by BlueMage279 »

Oh okay. I've never clicked on the Runes tab at the top. I always use the Runes List on the left :p.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

True Holy Rune, Suikoden IV section:
Note: Known as "Godspeed Rune" in this game
Incorrect, it's still called the True Holy Rune in Suikoden IV. Comment box: "It seems I had something called
the True Holy Rune soon after I was born."

It's also listed under Godspeed if you list by runes in Suikoden IV.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Aside from that: Isn't that rune actually only story-realted in S4, like the dragon rune in S1? Thus not visible to the player at all?
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Cedric is a support character, so yes, it is not an actual rune you can use. It's similar in Tactics where it's not a rune, but a skill (in IV, it's just there)
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Removed the rune from the Suikoden IV table, being a story element in this game only. Thanks for the advice everyone.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I know this info is taken from the Official Prima Guida - but unless it has been changed in the PAL-Version, it's wrong:

In Suikoden Tactics, you cannot find a Cyclone Rune at a dig spot at Port Merseto - instead, you find a Gale Rune. I just tried it two times (I tried S-Ranking AND digging it, because I thought the Cyclone Rune was worth it) but... no. It's a simple Gale Rune.

Just wasted a good 2 hours of my life on this (and couldn't even S Rank it. Well, when you neglect the second dig spot, it is easy)
Jocky

Post by Jocky »

This isn't a major error or anything but I just thought I should mention. On the Runes List page, it has Freed Y down as having a Permanent Lightning Rune. But the rune is actually permanently affixed to his weapon instead. As I said its not major but I just thought I'd let you guys know! Cheers. :)

ED* I quickly scanned the page and noticed 1 or 2 other errors, so I thought I'd mention them to you as well.
1. On the Wind Rune entry, it has Miklotov down as having 1 on his weapon. Which is true, but its also permanent.
2. The Dropped By/Attached To section for the Dryad Rune has totally disappeared.
3. The description for the Kindness Rune has sort of overlapped onto the Found At section. (Although, could this be a browser issue?)

After checking 3 with Mozilla, IE & Chrome, I found that IE doesn't overlap, Mozilla does by a minuscule amount, it's only on chrome that its an issue. So I'll leave that 1 for you guys to decide on, whether it needs altered or not. Keep up the good work! :D
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Antimatzist wrote:I know this info is taken from the Official Prima Guida - but unless it has been changed in the PAL-Version, it's wrong:

In Suikoden Tactics, you cannot find a Cyclone Rune at a dig spot at Port Merseto - instead, you find a Gale Rune. I just tried it two times (I tried S-Ranking AND digging it, because I thought the Cyclone Rune was worth it) but... no. It's a simple Gale Rune.

Just wasted a good 2 hours of my life on this (and couldn't even S Rank it. Well, when you neglect the second dig spot, it is easy)
Just wanted to ask if anyone tried this, because if not, I assume that that's an error in the rune list (and the official guide book).
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Eagle Rune and Kite Rune are the same, both are トンビの紋章 in Japanese.

Also, I'm not sure if both Boar Runes are the same.

The rune from Suikoden is called ししの紋章. It can mean Boar Rune and it makes sense with the symbol pretty clearly being a boar, but can also be translated as Lion Rune.

Nikea's rune on the other hand is called 獅子の紋章 which translates to Lion Rune.

Both names translate as Shishi no monshō, but the Kanji (according to my online dictionary) only has this one meaning, whereas しし can mean Lion or can refer to a wild animal, especially boars and deer.

I stumbled upon that because the German Suikoden V translation uses Lion Rune. It's one of many translation in V that makes me think they translated the game from Japanese and not from English.

It gets especially confusing because later games intrudoced the Leo Rune whose symbol is a lion.