What Has Yoshitaka Murayama Been Up to?

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Vextor
Global Admin

Re: What Has Yoshitaka Murayama Been Up to?

Post by Vextor »

I read it, and it says he's actually done with his involvement with the project. He says he checked the final episode, and the project has now left his hands. Seems like it was a pretty short project. Now, if he can finish this one other project that's been waiting for closure...
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

I've found what appears to be another of Murayama's blogs: http://dol.dengeki.com/column/c-baka/murayama.html

From salvaging though the mess Google Translate gives me, I'm guessing that this is part of some sort of experiment between several game creators, but I'm just really unsure. Anyone want to take a jab at this?
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

Murayama posted a blog -his first to Blue Moon in nearly a full year. In it, he mentions visiting Akihabara, or the area around where he used to work at Konami. With Google Translate, it is tough to tell. Here is the text:

先日、打ち合わせのために何年ぶり?下手したら5,6年ぶりに秋葉原へ行った。

コナミに務めていた頃はかなりの頻度で訪れてはゲームを見て回り、カード屋をめぐり、何屋かわからない店を冷やかし、じゃんがらラーメンを食したりなどしていたのだがすっかり様相が変わっていたね。
 もう電気街ではなくなってると聞いていたが駅前もずいぶんとキレイになっていて、やや土地勘がズレて迷う。

打ち合わせ後、もう観光気分でいくつか店に入ってみるも、ずいぶんと雰囲気違うなぁ。しかし、この強烈な消臭剤の臭いは一緒なのだなとやや安堵。
 はなまるうどんで夕食後、マッサージ屋に入り帰った。

そんなわけで、遅いあけましておめでとうございます。

And Google Translate:

"Recently, the first time in many years for a meeting? I went to Akihabara for the first time in five or six years when the poor.

I had changed that aspect completely When I was work for Konami visited often quite around to see the game, but had to tour the shop card, ridicule the store do not know what ya, and can eat the noodles while Jean .
Have also become fairly clean station, Kang Te shifted somewhat lost land had heard that electricity is no longer in the city anymore.

After the meeting, also look into the shop some more sightseeing in the mood, I feel quite a bit different. However, somewhat relieved this intense smell of deodorant, and he and I together.
Went home after dinner at Hanamaru Udon, cored massage.

That is why, late Happy New Year."

Well, it looks like he went to Akihabara for a meeting. And, he had not been there in five or six years. I cannot tell whether he is saying he is poor now, or if he was poor last he visited.

When he worked for Konami, things were different. He would visit often to see shops and games. And eat noodles while cosplaying as Jeane? He felt differently after the meeting, and went sightseeing.

In any event, before people get excited, he does not state, at least from the Google Translation, that the meeting was at Konami, but rather simply near the same area as Konami.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

To avoid rumors about Murayama dressing up as Jeane spreading, let me translate the entry (being bilingual and all that...).

It has been years since I've been there, but the other day, I went to Akihabara to attend a meeting... If I'm not mistaken, the last time I was there is 5 or 6 years ago.

When I used to work for Konami, I went there quite regularly to see games, visit stores where they sell game cards, browse strange stores where you're not sure what
they actuall sell, and eat "Jangara Ramen," but the place has really changed since then.

I've heard the place (Akihabara) is no longer an electronics hub, but the area around the station is a lot cleaner, making it harder for me to navigate around by memory.

After the meeting, I entered a few stores like a tourist, but the mood of the place is really different. However, the powerful smell of deodorizers remains the same, bringing some comfort.
After having dinner at "Hanamaru Udon," I went to a massage parlor and went home.

Anyhow, a belated Happy New Years.

-------

Apparently, "Jangara Ramen" got translated to "noodles while Jean." This is probably because がら can be thought of as "while" if an automated program with no concept of context translates the text, and the hacked off じゃん ends up turning into the name "Jean." Sort of how a cat ends up saying "Sonya."

Also, the "If I'm not mistaken" part got translated as "poor" due to context as well.

Akihabara is also not all that close to Konami's headquarters which used to be around Kachidoki when Murayama worked for Konami. However, it'd only take 20 minutes or so by train. If Murayama was meeting with folks from Konami, he'd meet them somewhere closer to Konami's HQ which has moved farther away to Roppongi.
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

Ah, well, to be honest I am kind of disappointed he does not dress up as Jeane to go eat noodles. . . That would simply be hilarious.

Well, he gives no context as to what this meeting was about, so, it was likely to do with a project unrelated to Konami or Suikoden, but it might indicate he could be working on a new game. I would be interested to see that. Has anyone played any of the games he has made after leaving Konami?
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

I really do wish there was a decent way for us to get a hold of him, just to learn his feelings on today's JRPGs and maybe what could have been.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

He is basically like a hermit. There's an e-mail address on his company's site, but otherwise he does not exist in social media.
Piisuke

Post by Piisuke »

Vextor wrote:He is basically like a hermit. There's an e-mail address on his company's site, but otherwise he does not exist in social media.
Maybe he should dress up as Crowley?
TMan

Post by TMan »

...So what's the email address?
Dreams do die
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Well, why don't you take a look at his website?
info@bm.ai
TMan

Post by TMan »

Ah I looked and didn't see it. This time I looked again and saw the "Contact" button. I had been looking for an @ symbol. My finding skills are not great.
Dreams do die
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

Well, there has not been an update to his website for a year and a half now, and I believe he finished his work for Magic: The Gathering. This could be interpreted various ways, mainly: he is very busy, or he is out-of-work. . . I honestly cannot say which.
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

So, his site's down.

Maybe it's nothing, just a technical hiccup.

I know I shouldn't be worried.

I still am.
Jocky

Post by Jocky »

Has it been down long? Or just a day or 2? Or did you only notice for the first time just now? Okay I sound like a nosy housewife!! :P But I totally sympathize with you!! I'm getting the, "This address cannot be found" error. I'd like to know what has happened to him. It's been ages since there was any info on what he's been up to!!
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I'm pretty sure I visited it last week and it worked just fine. But then again, that was in Octobre. Maybe he didn't pay his server bills. Or he retires from the gaming business.

But the last info was from 2012 anyway, so maybe he already has retired.