Your taste in music

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
R_C_Cola2001

Re: Your taste in music

Post by R_C_Cola2001 »

Music tastes? Well, there is so much out there worth listening to, and so much garbage, I suppose listing bands with types would make this more efficient. As far as rock goes, a fair amount of the older stuff, Metallica, AC/DC as examples. OH, definitely the Nug (Ted Nugent). Alice in Chains, Bush, Our Lady Peace, and generally a large chunk of '90s rock. Newer bands would include Staind, 3 Doors Down, Creed, 3 Days Grace, is a good start for this decade.

Rap - Mostly late '80s and early '90s. Anything before the dawn of "I've got 18 cars, 9 girls and I lives wit my moms yo" Any of the older guys on here from the Detroit area might remember when 96.3 was a rap station. That era. Some new stuff includes: Some Eminem. I'm picky about it though. Some 50 cent and G Unit records.

The Rest - Enya. She has the voice of an angel. Always calms me down when I'm pissed off. Celtic by the way. All my old video game soundtracks. Any country that has to do with drinking is good by me. Any country that isn't whining about how the guys wife took his dog and his pickup is alright, when used sparingly. Sure theres a bit more, but thats a start I suppose.
Noraibah
Banned User
Location: Kuala Lumpur[ Kota Kinabalu, Sabah ],Wilayah Perseketuan,Malaysia

Post by Noraibah »

My favourite singer in the world would be Utada Hikaru because she looks like my XVI year old little sister and because she wrote the Kingdom Hearts theme songs! :lol:
I love this forum............to death.I think dying is normal.Just ignore me!
Ayu.Craz-azn

Post by Ayu.Craz-azn »

To be honest, I'm a huge fan of Suikoden music collections.

I actually made a torrent for the 13 albums i have 0.o
Michael Easton

Post by Michael Easton »

Recent musical purchases of mine:

Anaal Nathrakh - In The Constellation Of The Black Widow
Goatwhore - Carving Out The Eyes Of God

Black metal fans would like these albums.
Tenko5

Post by Tenko5 »

I don't really listen to styles just different artists. The only style I really listen to is rock. But I listen to some rappers, Hip Hop, and alot of unclassifable stuff. Top 5 bands I think everyone should listen to though are (alphabetical order): AC/DC, Bloodhound Gang, ICP (Insane Clown Posse), Queen and Seether. AC/DC has some of the greatest rock ever with songs like dirty deeds and highway to hell plus Big Balls is probably top 5 greatest songs ever. Bloodhound Gang is probably the funniest songs to listen to followed closely by ICP. Queen yea ok theyre gay who cares? Lemme just say this Bohemian Rhaposady. And Seether I will admit a little depressive and sometimes emo can still pull out awesome songs too like Truth and Fake it, though I still love things like Broken and Plastic Man. As for other good bands i'd say Godsmack, Korn, Metallica (not that great but a few good ones), 3 Doors Down, Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chili Peppers, All-American Rejects, Black Sabbath (namely Iron Man), Disturbed, Drowning Pool, Guns 'n Roses, Powerman 5000, Linkin Park, Kid Rock, Incubus, Saving Abel, Rise Against, and ill finish with System of a Down.
Those who know much suffer much. "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Why can't you be more sincere and earnest?! Like me!
Kyle: Yeah, how's that working out for you again?
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Michael Easton wrote:Recent musical purchases of mine:

Anaal Nathrakh - In The Constellation Of The Black Widow
Goatwhore - Carving Out The Eyes Of God

Black metal fans would like these albums.
The latest Nathrakh I've heard is Eschaton, and as much as I like the more grind-influenced direction, I didn't think they did it as well as the earlier insanely-heavy black metal, so I've been somewhat put off getting the two latest albums.

Lately I've still just been focusing on all things doom, stoner, sludge, drone, psychedelic and progressive.

Anyone been to and/or going to any festivals this year? If so, who are you hoping to see?
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Lately I've still just been focusing on all things doom, stoner, sludge, drone, psychedelic and progressive.

Anyone been to and/or going to any festivals this year? If so, who are you hoping to see?
1. Do you know Jex Thoth? if you're into doom/psychedelic, it's one of your best choices. It's great music, very atmospheric.

2. I was at several Festivals in Germany this year and saw some living legends :D Angel Witch, Cloven Hoof, TANK... well, most bands I wanted to see were NWOBHM-Bands^^
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

I seen 311 in pens landing PA. I like to think thats stoner music. I'm also going to go see the Chilli Peppers sometime at the end of the summer. Thats about it other than that I've been on a Nirvana kick this whole week I dunno why
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Antimatzist wrote:

1. Do you know Jex Thoth? if you're into doom/psychedelic, it's one of your best choices. It's great music, very atmospheric.

2. I was at several Festivals in Germany this year and saw some living legends :D Angel Witch, Cloven Hoof, TANK... well, most bands I wanted to see were NWOBHM-Bands^^
I don't own any Jex Thoth but I like what I've heard.

I envy that you have seen Angel Witch, would've liked to have seen them with Orange Goblin last Christmas but I can't be arsed to travel all the way down to London lol.

Will be going to the 10 years of ATP festival this December. I'll be able to die a happy man after seeing Melvins and Sunn O))).
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Will be going to the 10 years of ATP festival this December. I'll be able to die a happy man after seeing Melvins and Sunn O))).
I don't know if I'd like to see Sunn O))) live on stage.. it's certainly interesting but.. well, that's not my kind of music :)
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Antimatzist wrote:

I don't know if I'd like to see Sunn O))) live on stage.. it's certainly interesting but.. well, that's not my kind of music :)
Haha I love drone music, never been disappointed by a drone band live. My drone recording project actually just started work on an album.

Also with regards to festivals, forgot to mention I'll also be going to Leeds and Damnation.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Lemmy Claypool wrote:
Antimatzist wrote:

Haha I love drone music, never been disappointed by a drone band live. My drone recording project actually just started work on an album.

Also with regards to festivals, forgot to mention I'll also be going to Leeds and Damnation.
Well, I'm more into faster music generally, but Doom Metal is sometimes really great. Witchunter General is imo a great NWOBHM band with a lot Doom in it.. Drone, on the other hand, is unlistenable to me :D

Festival Season is over in Germany, but I'm going to a lot of concerts in the next weeks, well, at most of them, I play with my own band. Oh, one festival is left (but it's a one-day festival, so not really a real festival...): The Kutten4ever. I play there with my own band, headliner will be NWOBHM band Jaguar. Really looking forward to it.
Michael Easton

Post by Michael Easton »

Lemmy Claypool wrote:Anyone been to and/or going to any festivals this year? If so, who are you hoping to see?
None, unfortunately. I'm trying to save some money so I can put down a deposit for a house with the missus. It's probably going to take about 50 million odd years :x
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

I don't have any particular taste when it comes to music, the only kind I do not listen would be Rap, Hip-hop, R&B and country. Everything else is fair game for me.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Michael Easton wrote:
Lemmy Claypool wrote:Anyone been to and/or going to any festivals this year? If so, who are you hoping to see?
None, unfortunately. I'm trying to save some money so I can put down a deposit for a house with the missus. It's probably going to take about 50 million odd years :x
Just got back from Leeds earlier today.

I've seen John Paul Jones in the flesh and can die a happy man.