Your taste in music

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Tatu's former manager actually came out and said that Tatu's sexuality was a gimmick. This is more evident in light of the fact that they are trying to remarket themselves as heterosexuals.

I like to listen to a wide range of music, however I'd say my main focus is Alternative, soft rock, and folk rock. I like people like Tom Petty, Jack Johnson, and the Goo Goo Dolls.
Veritas

Post by Veritas »

i listen to people from Mandy Moore, Pink, and Aqua
to Cradle Of Filth
to Broadway Musicals ex. (Wicked, Rent, Phantom of the opera, etc.)
to dance music
to techno
to Classical
to hip hop (ciara, black eyed peas, etc.) not that "gangsta rap"
then i also like Anna Nalick, Sheryl Crow, Sara Fimm, dont know what they are considerd. i think Adult Contempry or somthing.

pretty much everything but country and Rap.

and a guilty pleasure of mine would be Bjork
War solves everything, No man, no problem
~ Joseph Stalin
Pesmerga VS. Yuber

Post by Pesmerga VS. Yuber »

I saw Sugababes and their new video, and their leader (at least I think so) is so diferent, she really changed, what happened to her?
Madonna and her new video is so cool.
Black Eyed Peas has their new video Pump It. That's sweat.
My question is this: William is in Pussycat Dolls' video, so is he with them now, or he is alone now, or maybe he is still with The Black Eyed Peas.
Power?
Am I looking for Power?
Ever since...The first day I saw you...
I somehow knew...That we would be friends.
I was never lonely...Because you were there.
We chose...Life and death together.
I believed in you...Always...
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

He's still in BEP, he just guests on that PCD song. Guest slots happen all the time, especially in rap, hip hop and RandB music.
Zombee

Post by Zombee »

Queen, the Who, Pink Floyd, and some other crap. I like old rock. For recent stuff, eh... The Mars Volta... I guess.
108 Stars X

Post by 108 Stars X »

classic rock all the way. Led Zeppelin, Hendrix, The Who, Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones etc. etc.
Laharle

Post by Laharle »

as a RPG gamer myself, i enjoy game musics more than anything

most of the ppl who dont play RPG games do not appreciate game musics imo, normally if my friends come over to my house and they are not the type of gamers, they will be all like " wth u listen to homie "?

also i only listen to 1 band music and tat is Nightwish ^^
Shigure

Post by Shigure »

I don't care much for english music as I find people throw in too much "talking" into it where I enough music thatsoundsmore musical and compliments the song. I'm a big fan of video game music, but moreso because of the lack of lyrics than anything to do with the video games.

Suikoden II I find pleases my sense of music the most, as it has fairly upbeat songs, quiet moody songs and songs like the one for Tinto which is very... hmm.. Tinto-ish?
Guh, I posted all that?
. . . .What a pain . . .
ChikuChiyu

Post by ChikuChiyu »

The Red Hot Chili Peppers Rock!! Led Zeppelin kick ass too aswel as

Creedance Clearwater Revival, The Doors, The Beatles, T-Rex, Al Of Nobuo Oematsue's stuff, John Fruciante's music, Black Eyed Peas, Gorillaz And yeah all old music pretty much! 8)
Who being loved is poor?..
Truely if there is evil in this world, it is in the hearts of Mankind.
Let those who find pleasure in loving be loved, and those who find pleasuer in killing, be killed.
Chef Boyardee

Post by Chef Boyardee »

I listen to a lot of metal. I'm not really so much into death metal as I am in folk, viking, and Slavic pagan, all of which are heavily influenced by traditional European folk music. Folk generally refers to Celtic, viking is generally Norse, and Slavic pagan is, you guessed it, Slavic. They're pretty beautiful and epic, very excellent music unbefitting of the stereotype they are given. Among my favorite bands are Mithotyn, Pagan Reign, Temnozor, Slavland, Sunchariot, and Moonsorrow.

I'm also a composer, right now I'm working on the music for a couple games. One of the games, Angellic Oath, is an RPG game that looks pretty promising. I've known some of the guys I'm working with for a few years and they're pretty talented, I can only hope to match their talent. The other game I'm working on is a joke fighter game a couple of my friends and I are doing about another friend of ours. It's going to be pretty terrible. I also play the guitar, although I don't record myself because my mic is pretty awful!

I guess I'll post a few examples of my music buckos!

http://chef.avalanchestudios.net/09-gos ... tva-gw.mp3 - Pagan Reign - Gospodstvo Yazychestva - I didn't actually make this song, it's just one of my favorite Slavic pagan songs.

http://chef.avalanchestudios.net/Ryan%20Seacrest.mp3 - Ryan Seacrest - I called this one Ryan Seacrest because I couldn't think of anything better. It's kind of folkish rock. Pretty lame too!

http://chef.avalanchestudios.net/Wintersong.mp3 - Wintersong - A song reminiscent of winter I guess!

http://chef.avalanchestudios.net/Conten ... kforce.mp3 - Content Workforce - It has pretty bad sound quality but a fun solo.

Anyway, I guess that gives a good look at what I listen to.

Edit: In fact, I just remembered, I have a last.fm account. It tracks everything that I listen to and posts it on its site. Let's see what this says about my taste in music!

http://www.last.fm/user/ChefBoyardee/
Konno

Post by Konno »

I listen to classic punk rock, japanese rock, and reggae.

examples would be

The Clash, The Ramones, the pillows, Bob Marley and the Wailers etc.
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

I hate most rap.

I hate most metal.

I hate most pop.

I hate all modern "punk" and generally like most old punk.

I hate about 75% of country, especially modern country.

I hate ALL emo/indie.

I like industrial, electroclash, jazz, blues, progressive rock, classic rock, reggae, folk, new age, 80's hair bands/80's pop, and friggin' DISCO.

I'm a musician of many years. The music I make on my Oasys is a lot of industrial and electroclash, but when I get moody I grab the guitar and piano for a folk-ish type of song. It's extremely varied.
Purr.
Chinese Rice

Post by Chinese Rice »

wow i listen to any kind of music except those opera crap (no offence)
For anyone who has live my gamertag is

Shadowstrike416

and also im a suikoden fan.....ummmm of course :)
Destiny's Warrior

Post by Destiny's Warrior »

I mainly listen to Rock. I also listen to a lot of Yngwie Malmsteen, who plays a lot of Neo-Classical Rock. Amazing stuff. Killer to learn on Guitar.

I dispise EMO bands!! I just cannot listen to it.
"It's called 'Sex Panther' by Odeon... It's illegal in 9 countries... Yep, it's made with real bits of panther so you know it's good."

"Are we about to get it on, 'cause i'm as hard as diamond in an ice storm..."
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Destiny's Warrior wrote:I dispise EMO bands!! I just cannot listen to it.
Well done that man.