A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

Sup, a quick question.....are there any pics of black and bright anyone knows of? I'm trying to make a back-to-back black and bright av but I can't seem to find the right picz. I would draw them myself but there is a minor problem.........I suck. As for the pics themselves I would of course ask the author's permission and edit the pic to have both of them in it.

Can anyone help or at least just hint?
Riyunah

Post by Riyunah »

Excuse me.........is sig image forbidden here?

I'd like to put a sig image, but I guess I need to ask you guys first. :wink:
adrich
Elite Member

Post by adrich »

Surprisingly (or not) that is addressed in the Board Rules.
The Board Rules: Because knowledge is power!
Nash

Post by Nash »

Hi I was wondering, if it is possible for someone to resize this avatar and take it´s animation away (acording to the rules it´s forbidden).

If it is not possible, just plain old thanks for trying!

Thanks in advance

My avatar
Shirofan

Post by Shirofan »

OK, I've clarified the section of the rules on animated avatars.

I believe my movie file note was the confusing issue; I meant that people shouldn't use mpegs or suchlike as avatars (yes we have seen this in the past.)

But that was confused into no animations in the shortened rules list.

Provided avatars stay within the file size and pixel size limits then animation is allowed; unless it loops ridiculously quickly and distracts people from the post (yes we've had these before as well.)

The file size limitation means that for the most part any animation isn't worthwhile.
Emperor Jowy Blight

yo

Post by Emperor Jowy Blight »

Never mind, i got it.....
We're all a little stoned, and we freak when we're at home, as for me, I only freak, when I'm bustin out...

Yo man, I'm a heretic...
lucreborn

Post by lucreborn »

The best thing to save your image as is a jpeg you can still have the 80x80 without having to shrink it. Jpegs dont ruin the color that i know of like that of gifs or other files. Mine was saved as a bmp heres the difference of my pic for those who would like to know

PNG - 17.8 Kb
TIF - 21.8 Kb
GIF - 8 Kb But ruins the color
BMP- 18.8 Kb

and the best one JPEG - 2.85 Kb

So as you can see I dont really know much about pic save files but JPEG some how compresses it or something and it dont ruin the color at all from what ive seen in my pic. So if you want a 80 X 80 with out having to shrink it until its small enough to fit use a jpeg. And remember even though it somehow compresses it 80 x 80 is the limit, if you want to see what size the image is Scroll over it with the arrow and a box sould pop up showing its size and its width and height. Also note that it dont work on animated ones. Hope that helps. :D
"I've always been alone, ever since I was born." ~luc suikoden 3~
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Lower the resolution, and it should be fine.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Here's the result: Black Sword Rune.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

Well its 34 x 78 pixels in dimensions so it fits that criteria and it is only 959 bytes for a JPEG file and according to the info lucreborn post up it seems fine.

On a minor note to lucre. JPEG files have more colors than any of the other formats which is why the pictures look clearer.
Tanx to Star of Destiny for making my av!!! 8^p
lucreborn

Post by lucreborn »

Black Fang wrote:Well its 34 x 78 pixels in dimensions so it fits that criteria and it is only 959 bytes for a JPEG file and according to the info lucreborn post up it seems fine.

On a minor note to lucre. JPEG files have more colors than any of the other formats which is why the pictures look clearer.

Wow more colors and compresion in size awesome. Thanks Fang. awesoeme info. I didnt know if it did mess up the colors or not but if it makes it look better and makes it smaller in size then thats awesome :D
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

Well it does kinda mess up the colors and it'll look good.......as long as its a JPEG but you might as well delete it rather than try and revert to the original image (not that there is usually a need to, unless certain sites forbid JPEG).
Tanx to Star of Destiny for making my av!!! 8^p
Eroschilles

Post by Eroschilles »

I'm usually not good at asking for help, but I'm embarrassed to say that I cannot find a suitable picture of Nanami to use as my avatar :oops: . And I was wondering if anyone could help me find one to use. It would be nice if it was already fitted, because I'm not good at that kind of stuff. Thanks for any help.
lucreborn

Post by lucreborn »

You can try this for your nanami if you dont like it its ok lol

http://www.geocities.com/fainarufantazii/nanami.JPG

ill leave it on my site so you can just use the link if you want.
Eroschilles

Post by Eroschilles »

Thank you very much, it is greatly appreciated. I'm now very happy! Wheee!!!