Hi, Introduce Yourself

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
BrucePrintscreen

Re: Hi, Introduce Yourself

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

That's interesting, thanks for the info :)
Chloe22

Post by Chloe22 »

Hi everyone, im new around here :)
I'm Chloe my passion is gaming for as long as i can remember i have been a gamer :)
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

I want SODs as emoticons
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

gildedtalon wrote:I want SODs as emoticons
That could be handy. Then I'd no longer need to use swearwords. Instead of saying "cunt" I could just use a portrait of Pesmerga or Killey or Chaco.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Chloe22 wrote:Hi everyone, im new around here :)
Welcome. New to Suikoden series generally or new in this forum?
gildedtalon wrote:I want SODs as emoticons
Not a bad idea. Runes can be used as emoticons too.
sticky-runes wrote:
That could be handy. Then I'd no longer need to use swearwords. Instead of saying "cunt" I could just use a portrait of Pesmerga or Killey or Chaco.
Not Lyon or Gremio?
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Sasarai10 wrote:
sticky-runes wrote:
Not Lyon or Gremio?
Lyon and Gremio are not cunts. They might get on my tits sometimes, but I wouldn't call them cunts. I was gonna suggest Clive as well, but he's not as big a cunt as those other three I mentioned.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

I never saw Clive as a cunt. I'd say he's the type who seeks revenge desperately. Something like Nakula or Kreutz.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I dislike Clive because of the time limit stuff on his side quest. It's great that he has his own personal quest and backstory, unlike certain other characters with nothing interesting about them except their costume, but I'm not interested in Clive enough to skip through sections of the main game just to tie up his personal loose ends.

Any way, 108 pages on this topic.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

sticky-runes wrote:I dislike Clive because of the time limit stuff on his side quest. It's great that he has his own personal quest and backstory, unlike certain other characters with nothing interesting about them except their costume, but I'm not interested in Clive enough to skip through sections of the main game just to tie up his personal loose ends.

20 hours, is more than enough time to complete the side-quest I believe, if you are familiar with SII.

I managed to get all 108 stars, and complete Clive's quest in 12.5 hours. Although I rushed the dialogues, and cheated a little bit by using the Matilda Glitch. But even if you don't rush the dialogues it won't take more than 20 hours.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

sticky-runes wrote:I dislike Clive because of the time limit stuff on his side quest. It's great that he has his own personal quest and backstory, unlike certain other characters with nothing interesting about them except their costume, but I'm not interested in Clive enough to skip through sections of the main game just to tie up his personal loose ends.

You have pretty much to rush an entire game just to see his scene. :lol: I remember how dissapointed I was the time I did (in my second or third game) rushed all the dialogues just to get in time. The scene was really touching but there wasn't a single reward! :x Back then I expected Elza, or Elza's gun or some kind of broken power up for clive. But nope, nothing, only the scene. :shock:
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Neclord X wrote:
You have pretty much to rush an entire game just to see his scene. :lol: I remember how dissapointed I was the time I did (in my second or third game) rushed all the dialogues just to get in time. The scene was really touching but there wasn't a single reward! :x Back then I expected Elza, or Elza's gun or some kind of broken power up for clive. But nope, nothing, only the scene. :shock:
Elza as a recruitable character? That would be cool. But when we encounter her we have gathered all 108 Stars already. It could happen though, if we managed to access Sajah Village earlier, and convince her to join.

More possible would be to grab some unique armor found in Elza's corpse actually. Elza's gun wouldn't have any meaning as an item since Clive has a weapon already.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Please stay on topic here.
Kate987

Post by Kate987 »

Hello everyone I am a huge gaming fanatic currently living in London, have played games for as long as I can remember and love to be involved with an active gaming community :)
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Kate987 wrote:Hello everyone I am a huge gaming fanatic currently living in London, have played games for as long as I can remember and love to be involved with an active gaming community :)
Hello and welcome. Is Kate your name or are you a fan of SIV's Kate?
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

Just felt the need to state that this thread now has 108 pages. Carry on.