Hi, Introduce Yourself

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Bryght Knowledge

Re: Hi, Introduce Yourself

Post by Bryght Knowledge »

Hi, I'm Bryght, I'm a fan of the Suikoden game series. I played Suikoden 1, 2, and 3.

My favorite parts are the collection of allies, gaining the castle-headquarters, and watching the castle level up.
NashLatkje

Post by NashLatkje »

Hi Bryght. Welcome. Things are kinda slow here but still some fun to be had!
"Adults have their reasons. You children who see the world in black and white will learn soon enough about shades of grey."
TheNina

Post by TheNina »

Heyya, everyone!
Name's Nina, and I'm a 22nd year old hobbyist-artist from Malaysia~
... This is the part where I spout my Suiko-resume, right? OK. Uh, Suikoden 2 was my very first Suikoden and I played that when I was 11 or 12 (I honestly can't remember). A friend of mine said she owned and loved the game but needed to give it away (I forgot her reasons) so I took it off her hands because she sang nothing but praise for it. I can see why. The game was so gorgeous and the sprite animation was the most detailed and animatic sprite animation I had ever seen. It had uniqueness and character. Also, a game that managed to make 108++ characters that are each memorable, unique (in both personality and appearance)? So cray. Loved it...! (Ok, I'll stop fanspazzing here)

In a nutshell, I've owned and played Suikoden 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and Tactics. And I love all of them <3
It's so hard to find Suiko fans where I live, it's saddening. Truth be told, I've been stalking Suikosource for over a decade before deciding to join up whee. And I joined because Suikoden Day totally got me into a crazy Suikoden-hype and I though, 'why not?'. So. Hi again everyone! :lol:
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

Welcome! Glad to have you as part of the community.
Suikoden2.5

Post by Suikoden2.5 »

I'm returning to become a bit of a presence on these forums. You'll see more and more of me. The evolution of a director. I'm hoping to learn, integrate, and inspire.
I'm creating a high quality Suikoden 2 sequel with over 10,000 fans already. Join the Stars of Destiny and rewrite fate. Suikoden doesn't die until we let it. LIKE to follow release dates.

https://www.facebook.com/Suikoden2.5
A brand new Suikoden game!
Simplicity

Post by Simplicity »

Greetings everyone,

The name is Nawaf, 26, from Middle East, Saudi Arabia.

I am a huge fan of the series. That includes the spin off titles.

I view Suikoden as a literary work that encompassed mind, logic, philosophy and emotions.
"We are beyond humanity. We are beyond Salvation" -Ada Wong, Resident Evil 6.
Seiju Tsubaki

Post by Seiju Tsubaki »

Hello,

I'm just someone who wanted to play Suikoden again.
Last edited by Seiju Tsubaki on Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LuizPedro

Post by LuizPedro »

Hi! I am Luiz Pedro, from Brasil, and I'm a big fan of the first 2 Suikoden games. I could not play the other games, because I don't have a proper console. :( But I had read a lot about the rest of the story in sites like Suikosource and suikoden.wikia.

I had registered some time ago, but this is my first post... Well. In May I needed a surgery, spent some time at home, and ended up using that time to play Suikoden 1 & 2 again. After that, I wondered what would be a good story for a sequence to the series, a 'Suikoden 6'. After having some ideas, I made notes of them, and, well, created 108 stars of destiny in my head. Of course, making a game alone would be stupid and maybe impossible, so instead of that, I wrote some of my ideas in prose.

I had never wrote anything in my life bigger than 2 pages. So, writing after work and in the weekends, after 3 months I had 6 chapters, 18 characters, 7 cities, 5 monsters and 3 runes, all of that original, not counting the references to existing elements of the games. I wondered if the volume of text was small or big, and compared it to other works. I counted 103108 words, which is more than The Hobbit, the first Hunger Games or the first Harry Potter! And that was only the first part of the story!

Of course, size not means quality, maybe the reality being the exact opposite. And considering it is my first try in writing, well, probably my work isn't in really good shape (no one read it yet). But after writing that much that easily, I want to keep trying, at least to develop my skills (and maybe write less next time). So, I will probably create a blog or something to put that texts, and wait for criticism from internet.

But the size is not my main problem, because everything was written in portuguese and translation would be hard, since my english is very poor (but that was already clear with this text, or not?). But since I wanted to get better at english anyway, I'm studying some grammar, and in the next weeks I will start translating it. The result probably will be crappy, but everyone needs to start somewhere, right?

Do you think I could have problems doing that? I mean, creating a blog and using the trademark 'Suikoden' to write new content, with nonprofit purposes?

When (if) something is ready to be shown, I will make another post announcing it in a proper thread. I wonder if anyone would read it? Even if not, I will probably write it anyway. That story just want to get out of my head! :D
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

Hi Luiz!

You should create a thread in the Fanwork section and place a plot summary and/or some abstracts of your work there (translated in english of course). I don't know the rules about advertising here, I think unless all of your posts are advertisements of external work, the administrators should be very accommodating.
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
solarstar

Post by solarstar »

I am solarstar and I have been a member of DueFiumi which was taken down some years ago. I was a regular on Senso Suikoden which is barely seeing any activity these days.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Now that Suikoden 2 is only 10 bucks on the ps3, I hope we get new fans that sign up and make these boards more active.
BeyondTheFail

Post by BeyondTheFail »

Okay, intro time!

I'm BeyondTheFail, and I'm bad at playing Suikoden. Like, really bad at it. The only two I've come anywhere near completing are Tactics (actually completed, not 100%), Tierkreis (can't beat the last boss), and 1 (which I got to the end rush, only to realize I couldn't get some of the Stars of Destiny that I needed, so I restarted). I own physical copies of all the US-released games, and would love to go through with a script on some of the Japanese-only games when I eventually remove the Region Lock on my PS2 Slim. I love the background on the Suikoden games, though. It's on the to-do list, and I'm kicking myself for not making progress during the brief amounts of time off I had for Christmas.

As for my out-of-Suikoden life, I'm a medical scribe for an ophthalmologist (getting some use out of this CMA (AAMA) certification). I'm 24 years old, got hitched this most recent July to a guy who usually out-geeks me but had never heard of Suikoden before we met, and also am a huge Pokemon fan. I guess Collect-Em-All is my genre, although usually I don't play it right. Have been playing Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker recently, as well (fantastic amount of fun for a budget Wii U title).

So, hi, everyone!
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

Greetings. Glad to have you aboard!
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Punkaiser and eldrasidar never visit anymore. what are these two doing?
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
ToPocHi

Post by ToPocHi »

Hey everyone.

Jonathan Tan, 29, Malaysia.

A fan since I was 16 and Suikoden 2 was my first game.

Played 1, 2, 4, Tactics and 5. Loved all of them (really immersed myself being the hero of Suikoden 4; only didn't like his dress sense and his retarded running).

My love for the series have been rekindled when Konami introduced Suikoden 1 and 2 on PSN and now I find myself playing the game on my Vita everytime I'm on the go. Here's to hoping the series sees a revival and a Suikoden 6 come our way soon.