Heroic Legend of Arslan, the anime

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Neclord X

Heroic Legend of Arslan, the anime

Post by Neclord X »

For those who doesn't know Arslan, is a series of Light novels that got an anime back in the 90s that was basically "Suikoden V, the animation" if you don't belive me look this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K_ECWLcUso

:lol:

A couple of years ago a manga adaptation of said novels started made by Hiromu Arakawa (creator of Full Metal Alchemist), now that manga based on the light novel is getting an anime...a bit confusing, right? :roll:

Anyway, an anime that feels pretty similar to suikoden series coming sooon XDDD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2pogqq7jpI
Neclord X

Re: Heroic Legend of Arslan, the anime

Post by Neclord X »

IT BEGAN! In case someone is interested :D
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

the older anime style looks better, but I like the look of the battles in the new version. i might go for the DVDs if they're around.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

sticky-runes wrote:the older anime style looks better, but I like the look of the battles in the new version. i might go for the DVDs if they're around.
Well, it has FMA designs so it wouldn't be strange if its even licensed in westeros
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i'll have to check it out!
NashLatkje

Post by NashLatkje »

That whole feel of the first video was very suikoden like :)
"Adults have their reasons. You children who see the world in black and white will learn soon enough about shades of grey."
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

looks interesting... https://youtu.be/PSGYL-ZD0_Q
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

Arslan just recruited Tenki star XDDD
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i'm watching now! i actually forgot about this anime mentioned here, but i found it because i was looking for anime similar to Record of Lodoss War. and out of the list of ~8 anime series, i decided to watch this first (is this... fate?)... then i had to tell ppl about it on the Suikosource forums and found this again :)

So far, i've only seen 5 episodes and i can see the similarities to Genso Suikoden and am already loving it!

if i can make a fan-game, i'm already thinking of combining Suikoden and this manga/anime...
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

That feeling increases with time, there are moments where you could swear the "x joined the party" will sound any moment. XD
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

they have their own version of Jeane btw. :)
but i'm glad they don't oversexualize her like they do with many less-serious anime... like in crap like Gurren-Lagann
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i read Koei picked this title up for a Dynasty Warriors game... but if it's like other DW games, the concept is completely the opposite of the concepts promoted by the anime-- that one man armies are impossible LOL
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

all 23 episodes are out. did anyone watch them? i stopped around ep 11 earlier and started watching again (just finished ep 14). so far i'm not as excited as before.

i never found the art to be that great, and that's a possible turn off... the other is we don't really see them ever in a losing or surprising situation because the strategist is similar to Lucretia and just knows everything.

the new bandit girl that joined also seriously lacks any development whatsoever. she's seriously way too happy after what happened to her.
Swordsman

Post by Swordsman »

Arslan is too "soft" or kind hearted.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

KFCrispy wrote:all 23 episodes are out. did anyone watch them? i stopped around ep 11 earlier and started watching again (just finished ep 14). so far i'm not as excited as before.

i never found the art to be that great, and that's a possible turn off... the other is we don't really see them ever in a losing or surprising situation because the strategist is similar to Lucretia and just knows everything.

the new bandit girl that joined also seriously lacks any development whatsoever. she's seriously way too happy after what happened to her.
I've been watched it each week since the start, so I watched all 23 episodes. Arslan has being published for 30 years or so right now, in the story there are lot of turning points, the anime barely covers the beginning of the story, it doesn't even cover everything that the 90s ovas covered.

Last episode is sunday, when you catch up and watch all I recommend you to check the Ova. The TV anime (based on the manga based on the novels) was lot more detailed in lot of things, the Ovas (based directly on the novels) are more rushed for obvious reasons, but you can see some aspects you didn't see on the TV anime. The ovas also pay more attention to the occult-magic side of the story, which the TV anime ignored, probably for lack of time.