Just saw Edge of Tomorrow

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
bluemask

Just saw Edge of Tomorrow

Post by bluemask »

Was thinking what to watch in my local cinema, Maleficent or Edge of Tomorrow. Picked the latter and wasn't disappointed. The concept is really unique and as gamer, it was really neat and relatable lol. The acting was OK but everything can be ignored because of the thrill. 4/5. What do you guys think about it?
Neclord X

Re: Just saw Edge of Tomorrow

Post by Neclord X »

Was thinking what to watch in my local cinema, Maleficent or Edge of Tomorrow. Picked the first and was REALLY REALLY REALLY disappointed. The concept is so so OK and is visually arousing but acting was so bad it phisically hurt me.

I guess I'll go this week to see EoT, may be...tomorrow :lol: or wednesday, still don't know. I'll tell you then.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

How bad is Maleficent? I love the animated Sleeping Beauty, it's one of my fave Disney movies, but Maleficent looks like they've taken it too seriously. Does it actually have any humor?
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

sticky-runes wrote:How bad is Maleficent? I love the animated Sleeping Beauty, it's one of my fave Disney movies, but Maleficent looks like they've taken it too seriously. Does it actually have any humor?
Based on what Neclord said, I can only believe it was focused too much on effects and the story was so so? EoT is kind of the same wavelength but the story has this "I want to know what happens next!" factor and the action scenes weren't bad.

Oh and EoT was overthrown by 'The Fault in Our Stars'. I'm not really a fan of chick-flicks but wouldn't hurt seeing it though/
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

sticky-runes wrote:How bad is Maleficent? I love the animated Sleeping Beauty, it's one of my fave Disney movies, but Maleficent looks like they've taken it too seriously. Does it actually have any humor?
The concept is ok, and they did a good job creating the world, but the acting is so BAD you can't take it serious not even for a moment. Also, excluding a couple of moments, nothing really happens, remember I said they make a good work with the world? That's true, but they expend too much time showing you that, leaving aside the story. Imagine 20 minutes seeing fairies fly without nothing really happening in the plot.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Neclord X wrote:
The concept is ok, and they did a good job creating the world, but the acting is so BAD you can't take it serious not even for a moment. Also, excluding a couple of moments, nothing really happens, remember I said they make a good work with the world? That's true, but they expend too much time showing you that, leaving aside the story. Imagine 20 minutes seeing fairies fly without nothing really happening in the plot.
So it's all just exposition?
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

No, they show you the world, don't really make much exposition about it, they expend lot of time showing you how the world is (in a visual way)
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

Watched EoT today, is fairly entertaining, it kind of remembered me starshiptroopers. I can't say I found the movie specially original, is just an action movie but at least is what an action movie should be, it has its plot, it has lots of action, and the story is simple yet it Works because don't complicate it too much to the point you expend more time thinking what is happening than watching the film.

And certainly, from my point of view is a better investment than Maleficent
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I just tried to watch Maleficent on Netflix. I switched off halfway through, it's bloody awful, and an insult to the animated classic.

In Sleeping Beauty, Maleficent is this evil witch who wants Aurora dead, and that's it. In Maleficent they've made it out that Maleficent is actually a really nice person who cares about Aurora and just randomly puts her to sleep and carries her around in the air. It contradicts everything about the animated movie. so Maleficent was once this powerful fairy that protects the forest, and then she turned dark after she lost her wings. she has the power to turn a raven into a man and other creatures, so why does she not just have the power to give herself new wings? why have the three lovable fairies from the animated movie been turned into incompetent baby sitters that we can't stand in this movie? Bloody hell I never wanted to believe the movie would be this bad. I'll try watching the rest tomorrow, but... Ugh...