Have you ever pissed off with a video game?

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
gildedtalon

Re: Have you ever pissed off with a video game?

Post by gildedtalon »

I'm playing Crash Tag Team Racing, I always barely made it
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Shasarazawoowoo

Post by Shasarazawoowoo »

Pretty much any Mario platformer I've ever played, 2D or 3D. I actually broke controllers playing Sunshine and Galaxy and New Super Mario Bros Wii. One of the earlier Tomb Raider games also made me rage, and a few RPGs have gotten under my skin with the constant random battles... (Breath of Fire II is a horrible offender, though I still love it).
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Adventures of Alundra pissed the hell out of me first time I played it. Still does in places, but it did end up becoming one of my all time fave RPGs. I think the worst part was in Lars' Crypt - first you have to talk to all the ghosts int he right order, and that took me ages to figure out. then you have to go back and forth through a couple of rooms in the right order, and that's where I gave up for months. I still dread going into that place when I replay the game now. It's one of those dungeons you can't escape from ever until you've killed the boss. There's also the ice columns in Kline's nightmare and the spinning balls in the coastal cavern. The dungeons seemed to get easier towards the end of the game.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

I finally 100% Crash Tag Team Racing :mrgreen:
skymansxeno

Post by skymansxeno »

Heh...yes I get angry at games. It is just a part of gaming for me. My latest temper rage was over Uncharted Drakes Treasure. Why I bother playing games like that I don't know. For some reason I suck at them. Super Mario Galaxy 2 got me running pretty bad as well but at least I never broke anything over it. That copy of Uncharted got smashed into pieces. I am, believe it or not, better about that though. I rarely break anything anymore. Especially controllers, you can't play ANY your games anymore if you break them and they are expensive.

But any rate, a few years ago, I probably never lost it more vocally over game than MGS Peace Walker. Beating that game solo is like going up against MG REX with your bare hands. Good thing, at the time, I was living in a very secluded place or someone would have called the cops.
darkknightkv

Post by darkknightkv »

Ever get mad at video games...YES! How much time do you have?

My biggest game I used to get angry at when I was younger was pokemon, sounds odd but I used to want specific pokemon, so I search for an hour FINALLY found one....Crit....Killed it...Noooo. Fine, search more, Oh! found it again, try to catch it...Nope...Nope...nope. I used to want to jump into the screen and shove the thing into the pokeball haha.

As I got older I got into MMO's....I am not even going to get started on them.

But mostly I get annoyed with a..."Move". It's not a specific game but instant-death moves annoy me SOOOO much. About 8 or so months ago, I really got into the Shin Megami Tensei games (Persona 3 and 4), those moves were everywhere but not to the extreme of Digital devil saga. I never did complete the second one. It's just so unfair when a random enemy can just instant kill you. I am currently playing Final fantasy X2 right now and it has several in there, I avoid those fights all together after dying enough in them. I just really want to know what game devs think when they make something like that in a game, it does not really add to difficulty, adding to difficultly is suppose to make you think or change the way you do something or heck make you level more....Not instant death...They just suck.

It's also similar to a mechanic that a lot of games have where a "boss" battle will have a move that will take you down to 1 HP, I find that mechanic extemely annoying and dumb. Sigh.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Crash Bash is so difficult, I'm playing it. I just want to unlock all the tournaments but this game forces me to fight against the whole world if I want to survive
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

It's one of the few games i reached to the point to break it in 2. Same with Crash Team Racing,Crash Nitro Kart,Dragonball Ultimate Battle 22,and almost Circuit Breakers and Colin McRae Rally.

Well i have to admit racing games were always my weak point.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Yeah, perfection that has to be done for a long period is insane.