S6 Ideas?

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Raou

S6 Ideas?

Post by Raou »

I know hope for the sixth installment in the series either dwindling or dead but I wanted to share this idea with all of you in hopes of maybe sparking some activity.

I had recently started up a playthrough for S3 and had said to my fiance how if Konami wanted a steady Suikoden game in the main series, why not make it to where you can explore the revealed areas of all the Suikoden games, including previous headquarters to see what's become of them (keeping in mind this will take place, in my head, after S3) and have Harmonia as the big enemy this time around?

Imagine how big the game would be, and if they really wanted to expand the scale of it, picture a roster of over 250 recruitable characters from various areas in the games including Wingers, Kobolds, Ducks, Lizards, Karayan and so on? Even include the Kanakan area to explore for new sights and culture.

I'm getting ahead of myself so allow me to share with you how I put the idea out toward my fiance.

First: Your main character is an Ex-Harmonian soldier searching for a place that he could fit begin a new life. Before he left he had uncovered a Harmonian plot to begin attacking all the major locations where True Runes had been spotted (Dunan, Scarlet Moon, Sol Falena, the Island Nations and the Grasslands/Zexan area) in attempt to 'remove' the True Runes and seal them away in Harmonia so there could no more war over the power these runes possess. He decides that maybe the best course of action would be to seek out where the True Runes are in the now, and maybe to help the various nations fight back against Harmonia since they seemed to have had eyes and ears in each conflict.

Granted, that's the rough idea behind the story....Maybe you ladies and gents could expand upon it with your own ideas, but I figured a large scale war spanning all the various nations would make managing a five-fold army difficult but interesting.

Secondly: Expand upon the rune system by adding the torso, arms (not just hands) and legs and feet to the mix with enchanement runes. Not to be confused with the skill system (which I liked and would suggest be a part of the character development) it'd grant characters a new level of customization. Say you have a character that's insanely fast but lacks in physical prowess. Attach some strengthening runes to their torso and arms and raise their attack and skill some. Again, I'm only pitching out bare bone ideas so to get you guys in on it.

Thirdly, and possibly where I'll goof up--The characters. It seems that True Rune wielders live eternally as long as they possess the rune. So that means Tir, Riou and Jowy, Chris, Hugo and Geddoe, Sasari, Lazlo and Prince and Lyon could be in the game. And hell, why not introduce the some of the other True Runes and have them be important storyline characters, ya know?

I don't know which characters could still be alive but just from S3 you could take: The Knights of Zexen; Lucia and the Lizard Clan fighters from the game; Geddoe and his Merc group as well as Duke; Nash and I believe a few others I can't recall.

From Suikoden II I can see: Riou, Jowy, Nanami, Apple (even though she's in 3, I forgot her), Freed Y and Yoshino (along with their daughter from 3), Sid and Chaco, Nina, Pesmerga, and quite a few others.

From Suikoden I can see: Tir, Gremio, Pahn, Cleo, Kirkis, Stallion, Sheena and some others.

Granted, I'm basing that soley on how old they'd be after III, with most of them being in their 30's and 40's is not late 20's.

What do you guys think? A Sixth Suikoden set with all the various nations against Harmonia? What ideas do you have toward this, or, even some of your own?
Night Shadow

Re: S6 Ideas?

Post by Night Shadow »

hi raou! ^_^ i think this should be placed under the suikoden 6 speculation thread. admin, kindly put this where it rightfully belongs. =D

anyway, join us in our campaign to get a suikoden 6 out and suikoden 2 for the PSN! we've been discussing it over at the s6 speculation thread. ^_^

that first thing you mentioned is very ambitious, but just the mere mention of it is awesome! ^_^ perhaps konami can do that as a gift to fans if the continue the series, and create a plot where the whole suikoden universe is involved. a war of the world, perhaps? then we would be able to see all our favorites returning once again. wouldnt it be cool to have all present (at that time) 27 true rune bearers as stars of destiny? that would be stellar. ^_^

right now, im just pinning for a higheast rebellion plotline. i think that would be somewhere between s2 and s3, so it would be nice to see how people have transformed or will transform. =)
‎"...Or else, it is the dream that haunts you. You wait with the promise of the next dream...when the act of waiting is dependent on remembering."
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Re: S6 Ideas?

Post by Oppenheimer »

Hello Raou.
As Night Shadow said this is both in the wrong area and is a duplicate topic. Feel free to report in this thread:
http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewt ... =36&t=8823