E3 2011

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Nikisaur

E3 2011

Post by Nikisaur »

Yeah I know, no Suikoden. But what are we all excited about? Personally I'm hoping Soul Calibur 5 is better than the fourth one - that was a waste of my precious potch :( Also keen for Mass Effect 3 and am hoping FFXIII-2 is more enjoyable than XIII.

Anyone else see a trailer and go Oooooooooooooooooh :shock: ?
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Re: E3 2011

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Mass Effect 3 for sure, but it's so far away from release and I can't help but think it's delayed because of that pointless Kinect feature.

I had other games that seemed interesting but they have completely slipped my mind atm.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I'm rather curious about the Wii U. It looks interesting, but I guess in the end not a lot of good games will come for it.. again. Also, there are already things which annoy me (you will not be able to buy controllers seperately)

Apart from that, nothing really rose my interest.
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

WiiU will be interesting - I don't use my DS nearly as much as I would like but the games just seem... crappy. Like they're the same price as PSP games but just seem retro and poor quality. And most of them are made for children. Like I AM NOT paying $80-$90 on that - so hopefully WiiU will remedy this.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Man I wish I could care about video game news nowadays. I always used to buy into the hype and usually ended up disappointed or bored once the game was sitting on the rack at GameStop.

I still love video games, but now I just play old stuff way after anyone (even among nerds) cares anymore.

I tried watching some footage but couldn't get past about 30 seconds on anything.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Nikisaur wrote:WiiU will be interesting - I don't use my DS nearly as much as I would like but the games just seem... crappy. Like they're the same price as PSP games but just seem retro and poor quality. And most of them are made for children. Like I AM NOT paying $80-$90 on that - so hopefully WiiU will remedy this.
OT: Can't really udnerstand that. The DS has an excellent game library imo. Especially for RPG-lovers.
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

I must say that i was disappointed at the lack of games on the DS. Ive never played Dragonquest it looks a bit too kiddy for me. I think the DS suits 2d games like the Castlevainia's, FFTA2 and the backgrounds of Tierkreis best. The 3d graphics are quite ugly, take the Final fantasy III and IV remakes, the people look horrible, its like a PS1 flashback. Alot of the games i have on DS are remakes like Chrono Trigger which i think is what the DS does best.

I didnt even know E3 was even on yet, but theres quite the selection of games this year so thanks for bringing it to my attention. I'm going to keep an eye on that Wii U, ill probably wait to see if any good games come out first instead of just buying it on release. That way i can wait until the price goes down a bit and see if the Wii U has any bugs they might of missed. That controller looks insane though!

Saints Row: The Third, Soulcalibur V and Gears of War 3 all look promising, hopefully a step up from their predecessors. I really hope they get The Lord of the Rings: War in the North right. Ive been wanting them to make other games in Middle Earth that dont copy the story of LOTR'S for ages now, no more following Frodo's path and rehashing the same storyline. I dont know if anyones played The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age but it was so dull i couldnt will myself to continue after the Balrog adventure (It just doesnt make any sense).

Jurassic Park: The Game could actually be really good, even though ive played a crappy JP game many years ago on the Mega Drive i think... I was obsest with dinosaurs when i was 4-6ish, I knew all their long names and if they were carnivores or herbivours, my mum really thought i would grow up to be some kinda genius i bet she gutted now! :lol: But seriously i wouldnt write this game off just yet.

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is maybe the game im most looking forward to, the motion plus is going to be sexy. So what the graphics look a bit weird, its never been all about graphics for me anyway. Art direction is far more important, thats the reason i cant play Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Theres nothing worse then a game thats trying so hard to look real but fails and looks really cheap and horrible. Elderscrolls V: Skyrim looks like they have sorted this out however so i might actually be able to stomach one of their highly acclaimed games.
If it's not found out, a lie becomes the truth.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

My boyfriend is getting all giddy and excited over Bioshock Infinite. I saw the gameplay trailer for it quite some time ago and it looked pretty awesome. I heard they released a new theatrical trailer for it which I have yet to see but have heard some really good things about.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

Antimatzist wrote:
Nikisaur wrote:WiiU will be interesting - I don't use my DS nearly as much as I would like but the games just seem... crappy. Like they're the same price as PSP games but just seem retro and poor quality. And most of them are made for children. Like I AM NOT paying $80-$90 on that - so hopefully WiiU will remedy this.
OT: Can't really udnerstand that. The DS has an excellent game library imo. Especially for RPG-lovers.
I know, I know. But they cost like $80-$90, you can't rent them, they never come down in price and whenever I buy one I get disappointed. I think maybe it just takes a lot more for me to get into a game than it used to :( I also hate having to sift through seemingly endless piles of kids games to get to anything good.
TenkaiStar108

Post by TenkaiStar108 »

I'm excited about the new Assassin's Creed game. The trailer was gorgeous! Also, the new HD remakes of Metal Gear Solid, along with MGS3 coming out for the 3DS c:
I'm still not sure what to think about the Wii U though. It has loads of potential it seems.
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

Yeah it will be intresting to see how the Wii U comes along. I forgot to mention the new Assassins Creed, it will be good now that ive milked Assassins Creed: Brotherhood dry. I much prefer Altair over Ezio but i would prefer if they would just move on to another time period, ive seen enough of Italy and Israel time for victoria England, Fuedal Japan, Ancient Mexico or America in the far future...I dont know just something new.
DoReMi_Vampire

Post by DoReMi_Vampire »

Mass Effect 3 and Skyrim have been on my must-play list ever since I heard of them, these seem like such safe cards that I havn't even watched that much footage about them. I already know they're gonna be great so I think it's gonna be more fun if I come into them as fresh as possible.
I'm also interested in playing the new Silent Hill-game. I've seen a Let's play of Shattered Memories and I hope Silent Hill Downpour is better than that one. It seems to me Shattered Memories relied more on it's gimmicks than on actual scares.
- I've got a warrior's sword with your name on it.

- Of Course I Know Chinchirorin!
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

I watched loads of gameplay videos of Skyrim last night and it looks far better then i had imagined it would. They finally got the art direction right, playing Oblivion actually makes me feel ill because the art direction is so dire, so ive never been able to play it for that long. I think ill be moving to Skyrim for a couple of years it looks massive.
Night Shadow

Post by Night Shadow »

Gaah, I didnt even know we had an E3 discussion. I've been gone for too long. Lemme join in. :D

Skyrim looks AMAZIIIINNNG. I loved Oblivion, but I always hated the buggy system and the less-than-par graphics (I played it on the Xbox 360). But with Skyrim, everything looks so beautiful. The character designs. That big ass dragon. The environment. And I'm intrigued with the new system of leveling up...you know, that thing that used stars and constellations and all.

LoZ: Skyward Sword might exceed my expectations. I mean, I AM looking forward to it, but looking at how they were able to control the game, it looks pretty cool...

Silent Hill sort of bored me. :( Too bad. I was expecting a lot from SH. Ive been a hardcore follower since I was like, what....9? =P So I really wanted SH 8 to be the most epic of them all.

I seem to be most excited about the new Fable game. I hope they go back to the Fable 2 roots. 3 was really bad. Seriously. BAD with a capital D. and A and B. =P

Finally, I think I might actually get a Kinect, just to try out that new Star Wars game. What do you guys think?
‎"...Or else, it is the dream that haunts you. You wait with the promise of the next dream...when the act of waiting is dependent on remembering."