Reason for Society's Prohibition of Intercourse in Public

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Zhang Qi
Banned User

Reason for Society's Prohibition of Intercourse in Public

Post by Zhang Qi »

Public intercourse is considered taboo in many cultures primarily because humans have an innate feeling of vulnerability when engaged in a sexual act. When two or more people are grabbing and hugging one another during intercourse, their arms and legs are bound together and they cannot easily free their limbs for escape or self-defense if physically assaulted. Sexual arousal also distorts a person’s capability to focus on other physical or mental tasks because the human brain has instinctively evolved to divert the energy of the mind and body towards completing an ejaculation when the person indulges sexual thoughts. Such a great diversion of energy would make it impossible to act decisively should anything dangerous come in contact with the people committing the sexual act and that is why these acts are performed in sheltered locations far removed from any danger. Animals that perform sexual acts publicly actually leave themselves open to attack from predators when they do this. Humans have a higher level of self awareness and will not just leave themselves open to danger to indulge a sexual urge and that is why they build shelters and weapons for self protection and also ensure that they are removed from potential dangers when indulging any pleasure, including eating.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Reason for Society's Prohibition of Intercourse in Publi

Post by KFCrispy »

dude, are you telling us that public intercourse is taboo because we're afraid of being defenseless?? i'll have to disagree. but i don't see a point to discussing this, so i'm stopping right here.
Noraibah
Banned User
Location: Kuala Lumpur[ Kota Kinabalu, Sabah ],Wilayah Perseketuan,Malaysia

Post by Noraibah »

Why did you post such a strange topic in the first place?
I love this forum............to death.I think dying is normal.Just ignore me!
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

He hasn't been online for a month and a half. I think you're wasting your breath. Let's just let this topic fade away.
Templeton
Banned User

Post by Templeton »

CENSORSHIP IS WRONG OPPENHIEMER! as well, why isn't there more affection and kissing in Suikoden games, huh? Can you answer me HE-MAN THE MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE??? seriously though, most cultures don't trust eachother enough to be openly naked in public or to kiss and such, but with time, this will occur. why else do we have nude beaches in France? Watch some Pink Panther movies from the 60's and you'll see... you'll see Inspector Gadget!

Thank you for your time!