My life is........

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Noraibah
Banned User
Location: Kuala Lumpur[ Kota Kinabalu, Sabah ],Wilayah Perseketuan,Malaysia

My life is........

Post by Noraibah »

I have been admitted into the psychiatric ward for seven times but I have never regretted it since I had always found a friend to whom I could talk to.I only take one type of medicine now and I have only been taking anti psychotic drugs for about five years.I probably won't be taking any more medication by the end of next year.
Last edited by Noraibah on Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
I love this forum............to death.I think dying is normal.Just ignore me!
Sagiri

Re: My life is everchanging........

Post by Sagiri »

Good for you. Although I go through therapy only to relieve temper issues, you rock!
It's a pinky promise. If I break my promise you break my pinky.
Noraibah
Banned User

Post by Noraibah »

Thank you!Now my doctor only lets me take organic pills since I am much better now!
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

Congrats. It's like a promotion.
And maybe soon you won't have to take any medication.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Noraibah
Banned User

Post by Noraibah »

I saw a book called 'get well soon' in a bookshop and it is actually the diary of a person's stay at the ward for mentally ill people.Aha.....
Sagiri

Post by Sagiri »

Did you read it?
TrueWater00

Post by TrueWater00 »

good for you! I think everyone has SOME sort of mental issue....and if you can't admit that, well then you're just plain Crazy!! haha. I myself take several meds for various problems. eh it helps, better than nothing! ;p
Heh,I'll make sure you can never make that grin again.I'll chop you up!Ground you up!Dry you in the sun!Break you to pieces!Bury you in the ground!Piss on you!Then i'll dig you up!Pull you!Stretch you!Drag you around!I'll Never Forgive You-Viktor
Sagiri

Post by Sagiri »

I take therapy for my temper, maybe I should get something for my mild bipolarness?
TrueWater00

Post by TrueWater00 »

Julia! you are too cute and adorable to have an anger problem!! ;p
Heh,I'll make sure you can never make that grin again.I'll chop you up!Ground you up!Dry you in the sun!Break you to pieces!Bury you in the ground!Piss on you!Then i'll dig you up!Pull you!Stretch you!Drag you around!I'll Never Forgive You-Viktor
Sagiri

Post by Sagiri »

Just wait, David. The day you piss me off will come...
Noraibah
Banned User

Re: My life is........

Post by Noraibah »

I did read the book and it was kind of funny.I didn't buy it though since books are expensive unless it's an excess book store......

Actually I take two types now not one.Heheh.
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Noraibah, I really admire youre honesty. And congrats on your progress, it sounds like your getting better :)

I actualy really like this topic. I have suffered from severe depression and anxiety in the past and am still pretty prone to depression. I guess I'm pretty broody by nature. I go to the doctors for CBT for anxiety which I think is a great help, I dont want to take meds or anything though, thats just not my style. Although winters are LONG in Scotland and can really effect your mood (Seasonal Affective Disorder?) so I take some natural herbal medicines throughout some of the winter to see me through ;)
Humphrey Mintz
Location: Rotherham, England. Originally Kirkcaldy, Scotland.

Post by Humphrey Mintz »

Glad you're getting better!! As for me, the antipsychotics, psychiatrists, etc. that I've had in the past have actually just made it worse so I took myself off the medication and just tried to cope on my own. At first, it was really hard, but as the years have gone on, I've gotten slightly better. Still have my mental problems, but things happen less regularly, and I've noticed since meeting the love of my life and having a baby that things are finally starting to pick up. Not cured entirely, but getting there. I think the psychiatrists and counsellors, etc. have just been really patronising to me and they talk like I'm a child or something. Still, people have different coping methods and I'm glad that the medication and everything is working for you. Ha, here's me thinking I was alone. And all Suikoden fans too!! This must be fate. XD
"Even in the forest, not just at night, during your work, praise the King" - Zombie, Suikoden

"All this killing... in front of a children!" - Mathiu Silverburg, Suikoden

"ᵍËMᵐʰ" - Futch, Suikoden II
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Aye, I beilieve in sorting out problems by either changing them or changing your perception to them. I dont do meds because I dont wont to rely on them. Herbal medicines are not addictive and have little to no side effects so I use some sometimes as a little boost but I dont rely on them. Aye, ken what you mean though with the patronising types though, my CBT counsellour annoys me alot, mainly because her job is to help me focus on my problems 'in the moment' where as alot of my issues stem from the past so I try to talk to her about that alot which causes a conflict, but then I look at the benfits I've gained from CBT so it doesn't bother me so much.

Aye, its fate brother! Where you been all this time!? Welcome to our little community! :)
Humphrey Mintz
Location: Rotherham, England. Originally Kirkcaldy, Scotland.

Post by Humphrey Mintz »

Ah I wouldn't mind medication if it worked. I'm on stuff for allergies but obviously that's not stuff you can get over and then I take Ibuprofen for my migraines which doesn't always work but I think that's about it. The antipsychotics just made everything worse so it had the opposite effect. So I decided to leave them. My psychiatrist couldn't even figure out what was wrong with me haha. So I've got a mental illness I can't even put a name to. Hahh... your words. They remind me of home. XD What's CBT by the way? Ha. I know what you mean about the past!!

I got badly bullied when I moved from Scotland to here because obviously in Scotland, year 7 in school is Primary School but here, it's High School. Anyways, I came when it was the summer holidays so when I actually started High School, I was in the second year. Everyone knew each other, everyone was English. And there I was. It's a really racist place here and I only had a few friends. I got beat up, cigarettes stubbed out on me, spat on, obviously all the names, etc. and other stuff but ANYWAYS, not saying this so anyone feels sorry for me because I left school when I was 14 (most of my school years I spent absent because of the bullying anyway) and went into college so I didn't really suffer, education-wise since I was at a higher level than most so in a way, it benefitted me. Anyways the main point is that this is where my mother thinks my problems stemmed from. The thing is, my ilness never started until all that was over and I was actually happy, had friends, etc. so I'm not sure, but my mother thinks that's where it came from.

Anyways sorry for my whole life story haha. The bullying doesn't really bother me because it's in the past, it happened, I've moved on. I've not suffered for it and actually if anything it's made me stronger. Plus, most of those losers are doing smack and still hanging around on the street drinking, etc. and I'm actually happy and in a good mood pretty much all the time. =D

Haha about that, I've been meaning to join this for YEARS but I dunno. I've never really used a forum before and something about forums just looked... boring to me. I just used to look at forums for things I needed to know. But then I saw how the members spoke to each other and saw a few people who seemed interesting including you haha sorry I just saw "Location: Scotland" and was all like !!!!!!!!!!!O_O!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha but I didn't just join to talk to Scottish Suikoden fans. Just seemed like fun, and so far, it has been. And thanks for the welcome!!

Just realised, I only joined yesterday and I already have nearly half the posts you have haha. You'll have to catch up, boyo. XD
"Even in the forest, not just at night, during your work, praise the King" - Zombie, Suikoden

"All this killing... in front of a children!" - Mathiu Silverburg, Suikoden

"ᵍËMᵐʰ" - Futch, Suikoden II