#Suikosource Chatz

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
SkullGamerz

#Suikosource Chatz

Post by SkullGamerz »

why there is juz only few people in that chat room..!?
Well, how about you all use irc.webchat.org network.. it have a lot of user there..
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: #Suikosource Chatz

Post by KFCrispy »

heh, i forgot we even have an IRC chat room!
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

I propose that IRC activity be revived and that we start promoting the channel in a big way. Using forums is great for posting news stories or maintaining long structures of information. However, for rapid communication, a chat protocol like IRC is ideal.

This is a relatively small, but also very tightly knit, community of fans and I honestly feel very at home here, a sentiment that I'm sure most of you share. I just know that pumping activity on the IRC channel would enable us to have fun and interesting conversations that I don't think we would have otherwise.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

I'm in there occasionally. If there was fresh blood in there, I would stop by more!
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

How do you join this?
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

It's an IRC channel. Details are at http://suikosource.com/chat/
In short, once you have an irc client (most windows users use mirc, but i prefer xchat which now has a windows version, and is devoid of the annoying shareware messages at startup), the server is irc.sandwich.net and the room is #suikosource

Alternately, that page I linked above links to a java IRC applet which connects to the room. Use it if you really, really can't download software on whatever computer you're on. Otherwise, do yourself a favor and get mirc or xchat.

Also, be sure to hate on ska when you enter the channel. daoster hates ska too and you can bond that way.