Heroic Legend of Arslan, the anime

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Neclord X

Re: Heroic Legend of Arslan, the anime

Post by Neclord X »

I was talking about the Naked army part. With the queen and the wizard naked on a chariot with naked soldiers. Two parts bizarre one part badass XD
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

haha well it was funny but that character was not very significant (which is a good thing, cuz the show doesn't need to become a hentai)
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

I’ve started watching the Arslan anime, I like it. And yeah, there’s some optical resemblance to S5 right from the start. The prince and his mother…
Daryun makes me think of Hua Rong from Shuihu Zhuan. Narsus is appeasing my desire for a fighting tactician. Lots of intriguing characters: Gieve, who makes me think of Yan Qing from Shuihu Zhuan; the young prisoner who escaped in the beginning; the evil guy with the silver mask, etc. I’ve only watched 6 episodes so far…

What I like a lot is the frequent display of opposed views of two “similar” characters. Two generals battling in the front rows had contrary opinions about the king’s retreat. Two defense generals arguing about the treatment of revolting slaves (“Why did you attack him? He had only a stick in his hand!” – “But he carries a sword in his heart!”). The prince and the prisoner kid talking about their views on slavery. In a story with lots of characters it is important to flesh them out quickly. And they do an excellent job here so far. I’ll definitely continue watching. And later maybe the other series you guys mentioned as well.
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I finally got round to watching it on Netflix, I'm on episode 12 or 13. It's very good, definitely has a Suikoden vibe. The dialogue sounds like it's come straight out of a 90s JRPG! The hand-painted backgrounds look beautiful, the combat scenes well animated (most of the fighting is on horseback, so lots of horses getting killed if you're sensitive to that sort of thing) and they haven't over-used the 3d effects, they're just there to give a bit of depth to the battle scenes.
My only complaint is about the generic anime songs in the opening and closing credits. I would much prefer if they had an operatic soundtrack, like the Suikoden 2 intro.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

sticky-runes wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:43 am My only complaint is about the generic anime songs in the opening and closing credits. I would much prefer if they had an operatic soundtrack, like the Suikoden 2 intro.
I felt there was 1 really good track that has a dramatic pick-up, but yeah most of it was pretty bland.