Hey

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
suikokid2

Hey

Postby suikokid2 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:48 am

Hi okay so is this place still pretty active or is it inactive/almost dead now? Do many ppl come here still for anything?

bluemask

Re: Hey

Postby bluemask » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:31 am

Hello. Used to be a regular here before and just got back as well. I dunno, haven't been here for like years already haha.

sticky-runes

Postby sticky-runes » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:53 am

It's mostly dead these days. Occasionally someone shares an article about something newly discovered relating to the games or for help with some sort of research. You can go ahead and start new topics just don't expect to be overwhelmed with responses. I'm normally the one who never shuts up.

bluemask

Postby bluemask » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:58 am

Hi sticky-runes! Been a while huh haha. I heard the forums were... into something bad the past year?

sticky-runes

Postby sticky-runes » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:03 am

something bad? Not that I know of...

bluemask

Postby bluemask » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:04 am

I mean, something bad happened. It was like well... sort of umm compromised? Asking for a password reset and stuff...

Neclord X

Postby Neclord X » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:21 am

Is not that is very active, but is still active. Considering how silent is the franchise I'd say is surprisingly this still goes on. Although is a good "surprise".

bluemask

Postby bluemask » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:46 am

Truly. And now that the Franchise seem to have no future... All we can do is just sit back, reminisce and pick up another game to put our minds on. Wat.

Vextor
Global Admin

Postby Vextor » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:04 am

bluemask wrote:I mean, something bad happened. It was like well... sort of umm compromised? Asking for a password reset and stuff...

It wasn't really this site per se, but our host had their server compromised and there was a possibility hackers got access to passwords. For this reason, the host forced everyone to change their password as a precaution.
http://www.infidels.org/ -- A place for information on atheism and secular free thinking.

bluemask

Postby bluemask » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:25 pm

I see, I see. Well, glad nothing bad happened here.

Mg_Salad

Postby Mg_Salad » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:14 am

Unfortunately, the internet has been slowly progressing to a state where people congregate on one of a few websites, such as Reddit and Facebook, etc. I've been growing discontent with these avenues of discussion lately, as they've gotten way to political for my tastes. (I know it's ironic considering I love Suikoden and it's quite political in nature.) I've been trying to find a place online to just chill and talk about games, but it's hard to find a good place these days. I come here on a very rare occasion, but it's usually to just lurk and not really post anything.

Falcon Fencer

Postby Falcon Fencer » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:12 am

Alas, I do think my project for an RP site might be a fools endeavour but there's no harm in trying, just need to advertise in the right places for it and hope the idea catches on :).

I'm happy to see at least a few folks are about and some names of the staff I'm certain I recognise off Suikox back in the day.

Roshambeaux89

Postby Roshambeaux89 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:42 pm

It's nice to see longtime members come back and visit the site now and again despite the franchise's vegetative state. Also, you're right Falcon Fencer, there is no harm in trying to create an RP site; if you're motivated then by all means do so, but do keep us up to date with your progress if decide to go on with it.

Falcon Fencer

Postby Falcon Fencer » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:57 pm

Suikoden will always be one of my most favourite rpgs and I'll happily plug it for years to come I'm sure to those who don't know about it, just sad that a game with such an obvious cult following isn't getting attention whilst dreadful games get sequels. Konami are sitting on a mine of lore, history and characters as well as many unexplored areas and historical periods.

That's part of the reason why I want to do the RP thing again, on my last site I was still running we played out a setting of Falena, New Armes and a fleshed out Theocracy of Nagarea and it was so much fun. I was kind of leaning towards doing something with the Scarlet Moon Succession War between Barbarossa and Geil Rugner setting, I listed some more deets about it in the thread a created in the Suikoden Fan Work forum and of course Suikosource as ever will prove a vital pool of information for the history or details. Still early days but would love to get it set up before the end of the year if I get the time.

Mg_Salad

Postby Mg_Salad » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:48 am

https://twitter.com/bk2128/status/925361563942268928

Heck, even in Japan there's a noticeable following clamoring for more!

Return to “General Discussion”