Castlevania Anime on Netflix

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
sticky-runes

Castlevania Anime on Netflix

Postby sticky-runes » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:18 pm

Has anybody watched it? I thought it was pretty awesome, and I've not actually played any Castlevania games. Good decision making it all grown up with lots of swearing and blood and guts and slagging off religions. Now if they can get around to doing a Suikoden anime that'll be lovely.

Midori

Re: Castlevania Anime on Netflix

Postby Midori » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:16 am

I've watched it (japanese dub) and I absolutely loved it. Castlevania is the only RPG that I have not yet played
- Taciturnity -https://www.instagram.com/djdjdj31/-http://djmidori.deviantart.com/

sticky-runes

Postby sticky-runes » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:23 am

People I've spoken to on other sites who enjoyed the series haven't played the games either. I think if I were to start playing I'd want to start from the absolute first game.

Neclord X

Postby Neclord X » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:47 pm

I finished it yesterday, watched a couple of episodes on Saturday and the other two yesterday.

It was...OK. Overall it's nice, has a good tone, eastern eggs, its consistent, but in my opinion it lacks action. And from the few action scenes half of them are fights between humans, in an anime about Castlevania that's just a NO for me. But well, in general is not bad so I won't complain to much about it either. At least it seems they actually cared and tried to do something solid, its just their budget was limited.

Pd: I still have hope for a Darksouleske Castlevania title.

sticky-runes

Postby sticky-runes » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:26 pm

Yeah I wasn't expecting most of the fighting to be between humans. But then it was basically an 80 minute prologue to a bigger battle that's yet to come. I assume most of the next series will have the good guys fighting their way through Dracula's castle. From what I gather, the characters in the games have back stories that we don't see much of in the games and are only briefly mentioned in the instruction booklet, and the guys making the anime saw this as a chance to go into depth about the kind of things we don't see in the games. So we're given a different angle of life in Wallachia, and get to learn a bit more about the church and peasant folk. It makes the world a bit more "real".

SPOILERS

Got to love that scene where the statues return to flesh after Trevor kills the Cyclops!

Neclord X

Postby Neclord X » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:24 pm

My favorite part was "I'm Trevor focking Belmont, Would you please leave my testicles alone?" XD

Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Postby Oppenheimer » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:10 pm

I did enjoy it. It is actually pretty faithful to the fluff from Castlevania 3 and Symphony of the Night.

Return to “General Discussion”