Kyril Theory

In-Depth topics that fail to give reasons for their hypotheses.
Vermillion.Twilight

Kyril Theory

Post by Vermillion.Twilight »

Many on this Forum think Yuber and Kyril have some sort of future connection in upcoming games. How about this...

Kyril becomes Pesmerga.

They both have black hair
Both have ties with the world of emptiness.
Kyril is ageless.

Pesmerga's star is "The Double Whip Of Iron"

Reminds me of Kyrils weapon somewhat.

Idk what do you think?
Maybe Yohn had twins =o
Would certainly explain why Yuber hates humans...some kinda Inuyasha complex.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
Black knight overlord

Re: Kyril Theory

Post by Black knight overlord »

But Kyril was really nice, and Pesmerga just doesnt seem very nice(a little less crazy than Yuber but still evil) so I dont really think this is the case.
Vermillion.Twilight

Post by Vermillion.Twilight »

Black knight overlord wrote:But Kyril was really nice, and Pesmerga just doesnt seem very nice(a little less crazy than Yuber but still evil) so I dont really think this is the case.
Kyril couldint fit in with his friends anymore...He changed, withdrew maybe for 100 years...Outlived everyone he knew or cared about. Id say that would hamper his personality some. Plus unknown things could have happend to him wherever he went.

Pesmerga is not evil.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

nobody's reasons really justify anything. Pesmerga does not use the Swallow or have a permanent Swallow Rune. while even that can change at the programmers' whim, Pesmerga was created long before Kyril and Rhapsodia does not attempt to link Kyril with Pesmerga, so there is no reason this theory should really exist.
Soggy spagetti

Post by Soggy spagetti »

[quote="KFCrispy"]
so there is no reason this theory should really exist.
[/quote]

Honestly same could be said about any theory. I really hate it when people say "Oh what you said is pointless" or "theres no reason this thread should exist". It's an internet message board, the whole damn site is pointless if you go by that.
Soggy spagetti

Post by Soggy spagetti »

­­­woops
Author

Post by Author »

Who thought of a Yuber and Kyril connection?

Because that's impossible, even more with Persmerga. The more he is shrouded with mysteries, the harder to tell.

It sounds like a bunch of fanfic ideas for me. Even if it is true, I'll be honestly disappointed.

...or not.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Soggy spagetti wrote:Honestly same could be said about any theory. I really hate it when people say "Oh what you said is pointless" or "theres no reason this thread should exist". It's an internet message board, the whole damn site is pointless if you go by that.
by the way.. theories need backing. you can use elements of games to tie them together, and the stronger your evidence goes together, the stronger the theory. nobody in the scientific world will attempt to test something that has no backing--theories exist because of existing observations that help to derive the new idea. there are many good theories on this board that have a lot of information observed from the games and official publications, and there is absolutely nothing linking Pesmerga to Kyril. Konami likes leaving some hints here and there when they plan on developing something.
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

[quote="KFCrispy"]by the way.. theories need backing. you can use elements of games to tie them together, and the stronger your evidence goes together, the stronger the theory. nobody in the scientific world will attempt to test something that has no backing--theories exist because of existing observations that help to derive the new idea. there are many good theories on this board that have a lot of information observed from the games and official publications, and there is absolutely nothing linking Pesmerga to Kyril. Konami likes leaving some hints here and there when they plan on developing something.[/quote]

although a theory is lacking of evidence, that's not suppose to hinder you from exploring possibilities

for all we know some passerby might contain the knowledge to back this claim

you KFCrispy sealed and knocked this idea off because you were certain that there wouldn't be enough facts to back this up

that could either mean you know everything about the Suikoden game or you were just arrogant to a point of rejecting fresh new ideas

i myself tried to support this claim and is yet to come up with one

but until a solid evidence appears to disconnect Pesmerga from Kyril,

I'd prefer to keep an open mind

(bbcodes not working for me again T_T)
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

yes and until there is even a tiny ounce of evidence that hints to this relationship, it's staying in the Unjustified Theories section.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

"but until a solid evidence appears to disconnect Pesmerga from Kyril, I'd prefer to keep an open mind"

By that logic you can make any half-assed theory no matter how ridiculous.

Neclord is obviously Tir's dad cause there's nothing that disproves it. Teo just thought he was the dad but actually his wife was a slut with a penchant for pale guys with fangs.

A theory is made with evidence backing it up, otherwise it's just wishful thinking.
Tsharr

Post by Tsharr »

Strictly by using the scientific model of thinking, Raww is correct.

While absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, to both found and support a theory, you need evidence. Otherwise, it is a hypothesis.

In this case, said evidence is anecdotal, circumstantial and questionable at best. Just because he has black hair and ageless proves nothing. By the same thinking, he could be Hugo's father despite no evidence to support that.

Now watch all the rumors THAT starts up.
Rezard

Post by Rezard »

Even if there are no evidence of this, there are still small hints, as it was proposed in the opening post. It is no the same as saying Kyril is Hugo's father or that Teo is Neclord. If Konami makes this canon, it wouldn't seem absurd to me, I wouldn't like, but it would not be crazy.

Altrough it would be too much to claim this at this point, it is still fine to post this in the forums to find if someone knows some extra info.

[quote="Tsharr"]While absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, to both found and support a theory, you need evidence. Otherwise, it is a hypothesis.

In this case, said evidence is anecdotal, circumstantial and questionable at best. Just because he has black hair and ageless proves nothing. By the same thinking, he could be Hugo's father despite no evidence to support that.[/quote]

I find these flawed hypothesis one of the most fun things on Suikoden Foruns, as long they are not absurd. I like to discuss this sort of "what if" hypothesis.
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

[quote="Raww Le Klueze"]"but until a solid evidence appears to disconnect Pesmerga from Kyril, I'd prefer to keep an open mind"

By that logic you can make any half-assed theory no matter how ridiculous.

Neclord is obviously Tir's dad cause there's nothing that disproves it. Teo just thought he was the dad but actually his wife was a slut with a penchant for pale guys with fangs.

A theory is made with evidence backing it up, otherwise it's just wishful thinking.[/quote]
well if you provide a little connection between your theories, like this topic attempted

then maybe your point will have significance

oh wait, i forgot, you were just being an ass...

*chuckles* half? i'd say full by way of your hysterical reaction
avenger

Post by avenger »

i disagree, kyril is from a different family and we know his father, his father did not have anything to do with yuber or anything along the lines of fighting the evil man, kay?

pesmerga really is still out in the blue story wise.... we just know he wants to hunt yuber. hopefully in suikoden 6,7 or 8 we'll get a better picture of the two..kay?