Euram Is a Young Guillame

In-Depth topics that fail to give reasons for their hypotheses.
wildmansy

Euram Is a Young Guillame

Post by wildmansy »

I've just finished Suikoden V and i didnt get Euram Barrows. So i didnt know his ending. But his fetish for princess lymsleia often reminded me of Guillame's (the appraise from Suikoden 3) young girl fetish. Is this at all possible?
Sickpup

Post by Sickpup »

I think Euram is a bit less creepy. Everyone in the whole damn country wanted to marry Lym. It was her position, not her. And there is only a nine year age difference between them. Which in this game, isnt much.

Guillame just chased...young poor street performers girls. And the age gap there had to be at least 30 years. Gross.
"Master Flik, you are immature. But that immaturity, that honesty was something I coveted.

And I'm sure that is why Lady Odessa loved you..."
Belle

Re: Euram Is a Young Guillame

Post by Belle »

wildmansy wrote:I've just finished Suikoden V and i didnt get Euram Barrows. So i didnt know his ending. But his fetish for princess lymsleia often reminded me of Guillame's (the appraise from Suikoden 3) young girl fetish. Is this at all possible?
At least Euram explains his "fetish" after you get him and actually knocks it off. You never really learn what Guillaume's whole creepy deal is (then again, I never investigated the dude). Euram tells you he was jealous of Gizel and wanted to one-up him on something, and that something just happened to be winning the hand of Princess Lymsleia. So like Sickpup said, it was more Lymsleia's position than anything. I don't think he's really interested in kids.
Philweasel

Post by Philweasel »

Belle wrote:
wildmansy wrote:I've just finished Suikoden V and i didnt get Euram Barrows. So i didnt know his ending. But his fetish for princess lymsleia often reminded me of Guillame's (the appraise from Suikoden 3) young girl fetish. Is this at all possible?
At least Euram explains his "fetish" after you get him and actually knocks it off. You never really learn what Guillaume's whole creepy deal is (then again, I never investigated the dude). Euram tells you he was jealous of Gizel and wanted to one-up him on something, and that something just happened to be winning the hand of Princess Lymsleia. So like Sickpup said, it was more Lymsleia's position than anything. I don't think he's really interested in kids.
What about that girl at Rainwall, who states "Whenever I see Euram he always says how cute I am and buys me toys and sweets. I like the attention, though it is a little... creepy"

But seriously, it makes sense. Euram's a drip, he's scared of real women and so spoils little girls instead. I doubt he's Guillame, Euram's essentially harmless, just sticking to his mental age :)

Anyway, I still think he marries Lym later on, in a fit of irony :lol:
Joel

Post by Joel »

Euram is like Reinbach III, both have foppish fasion sence and love the smell of their own farts. Reinbach is cooler however because he's not an asshole or a big coward.
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

Yeah but aren't Guillaume and Euram different SoD's?
Yuber8900

Post by Yuber8900 »

Don't know the exact Stars but Euram is a Heaven Star, and Guillame is the second to last Earth Star, the same star as Roy.
Feh
xXSqualleoNXx

Post by xXSqualleoNXx »

Truth be told, Euram takes things far beyond their intended purposes at time. I would think he actually believed he was interested in Lymsleia after a while. I mean, it was only after he got some sense back into his foppish skull that he stopped with the Lym obssesion.
Hmm...
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

They also don't look anything alike and Guillame seemed more interested in the really young while Lym who is a pre-teen and also the future queen of Falena has alot more reason for Euram to be obsessive over especaily since he and his father had been plotting and scheming.

Guillame however displays very inappropriate behavior chasing little girls around and other incomprehensible actions.
avenger

Post by avenger »

nah, Euram and Guillame are just too different. Euram was the son of a noble geek.
basically the borrows family reminds me of the Yuan family from the romance of the three kingdoms in that the borrows only cared for their name just as Yuan Shao did.

Guillame was a traveling merchant/thief. guillame just picked on the street preformer's kid girl he didn't have a fetish... Euram didn't have a fetish either he just was too stupid to realize lym was just too young for him and that she didn't even think about him at all.