Hero IV's wooden amulet in SII?

In-Depth topics that fail to give reasons for their hypotheses.
Relisus

Hero IV's wooden amulet in SII?

Post by Relisus »

I believe this would be the right forum for this thread. I wasn't too sure where to put this. Whether to put in Character questions or theories so I chose this one. This is prolly going to end up in Unjustified theories lol :)

Anyway, I know that when Suikoden II was made they prolly weren't even thinking about Hero IV and Suikoden IV but... Could the wooden amulet that Noah, Rene, and Rita be that same wooden amulet as the one you buy Pilika in Muse. Two reasons that lead me to think this is a possibility is..

1) The shop owner in Muse says he was holding the amulet as collateral for someone who has an overdue bill. It could very well be Hero IV.

2) Pilika says that there are fish and (something I can't remember, mermaids or stars) on the amulet. Now just the fish alone make me think of the Island Nations.

I know that both those reason are very loose but do you think it is a possibility that when they made Suikoden IV they remembered the wooden amulet in Suikoden II and tried to make another tie in?

Thanks for your thoughts
Relisus
You ever wanna talk Suikoden feel free to IM anytime.
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

I believe this WAS discussed on the SIV forum but I'm not sure.

I always liked this theory at any rate, it was a neat idea even if it isn't true. That's the problem sometimes things are a little to ambiguous to be certain. That'd be some story to see the amulet travel from the Island Nations to that store in the City states.
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

ShardStar wrote:I believe this WAS discussed on the SIV forum but I'm not sure.

I always liked this theory at any rate, it was a neat idea even if it isn't true. That's the problem sometimes things are a little to ambiguous to be certain. That'd be some story to see the amulet travel from the Island Nations to that store in the City states.
Not so hard for something to travel that far, Arabic coins been found in Sweden since the Vikings travelled alot.

But indeed it is a very nice idea.
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

Suikoden 4 took place 500 years before suikoden 1. He couldnt be holding that amulet for someone 500 years ago. That would be cool though if it were true.
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

No. It took place 150 years before Suikoden I.
Playing Suikoden III......
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

I think that it's just a normal thought from Murayama when he made Suikoden 2. After all, Suikoden IV was created after he left the team. So, unless the new team wants to make an indirect and pointless connection to a small wooden amulet of no value with Murayama's past creations, then maybe it's the same amulet.

Other than that, it's jsut another amulet.
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

Moonbay wrote:No. It took place 150 years before Suikoden I.
oh yeah, I dont know why i always get 150 and 500 mixed up :?
Buff

Post by Buff »

since the wooden amulet is made of wood,wood lasts a long time in the world so it could be possible.
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

It is still a long shot. I could very well claim that the Rage rune I found from Obel ruins could very well be the same rune that Alan uses in Suiko 1. Or the armour that <insertnamehere> wears made its way past time and ended with <insertnamehere> in Suiko 2.

Well, you guys get the idea.
Silver Dragon Flik

Post by Silver Dragon Flik »

No that would be too much of a coincidence.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Buff wrote:since the wooden amulet is made of wood,wood lasts a long time in the world so it could be possible.
Yes, but I doubt the engraving would still be visible after 150 years. It would probably have been worn off by then.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
YouKnowYouGeddoe

Post by YouKnowYouGeddoe »

http://www.urbanrevivals.com/projects/p ... -chair.htm

Note that the engraving on the head of the chair, which is very fine, has survived c. 130 years of use without wearing off appreciably. It is entirely plausible that the engraving on a 150-year-old wooden medallion would remain intact.

Remember also that we don't know when Lazlo might have deposited it: It could have been a few months after S4 or a few months before S2, for all we know. Obviously, the earlier he left it in Muse (and therefore the longer it's been in the shopkeeper's inventory), the less likely it would be to have sustained significant wear.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: As analysts of the Suikoden text, we are perfectly authorized to make reasonable connections between things that may or may not be related in the name of giving cohesion to an often improbable world and "tying up loose ends." Call it a kind of misprision if you want.
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

YouKnowYouGeddoe wrote:http://www.urbanrevivals.com/projects/p ... -chair.htm

Note that the engraving on the head of the chair, which is very fine, has survived c. 130 years of use without wearing off appreciably. It is entirely plausible that the engraving on a 150-year-old wooden medallion would remain intact.

Remember also that we don't know when Lazlo might have deposited it: It could have been a few months after S4 or a few months before S2, for all we know. Obviously, the earlier he left it in Muse (and therefore the longer it's been in the shopkeeper's inventory), the less likely it would be to have sustained significant wear.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: As analysts of the Suikoden text, we are perfectly authorized to make reasonable connections between things that may or may not be related in the name of giving cohesion to an often improbable world and "tying up loose ends." Call it a kind of misprision if you want.
that could be true but im just thinking that the shopkeeper said he was holding it for someone, unless the shopkeeper is really old or if someone from suikoden 4 who got really old passed it down to someone and then finally it ended up in muse, probably someone who couldn't pay his bill. Now who could that character be and who is his/her decendent.
Night

Post by Night »

pesmerga786 wrote:
YouKnowYouGeddoe wrote:http://www.urbanrevivals.com/projects/p ... -chair.htm

that could be true but im just thinking that the shopkeeper said he was holding it for someone, unless the shopkeeper is really old or if someone from suikoden 4 who got really old passed it down to someone and then finally it ended up in muse, probably someone who couldn't pay his bill. Now who could that character be and who is his/her decendent.
Of it was Lazlo, who has the curse/blessing of eternal life, which I believe Youknowyougeddoe meant.

And it wouldn't surprise me if the Suikoden IV team did intend to include a pointless link. Sometimes the best links are the ones that only the devoted fans will pick up on.
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

In a world with magic you could be mending items and such. If things from the 1400 can still be in museums a simple amulett could aswell be sold.

This Amulett might became a sought after when the war was over, a souveniour from the island nations. Or something like it.

Mass produced then.
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.