*Spoilers* Troy as Pesmerga and Yuber as...

In-Depth topics that fail to give reasons for their hypotheses.
bluemask

*Spoilers* Troy as Pesmerga and Yuber as...

Post by bluemask »

While Yuber wasn't present in S4, he could have been any yellow haired character there but the only problem lies that Yuber is in fact a SoD dismissing every possibility that he was present in 4. On the other hand, Troy didn't had a spot as a SoD and could be theoretically be Pesmerga (Pesmerga's birth is unlisted).

[fiction|delusion]
If only they didn't made Snowe a SoD, I would believe him to be Yuber... He is excluded by every nation and what not? He found company with monsters and got a hold of the Eight-fold Rune (in terms of Buddhism, this is the path to Enlightenment) in reverse, he found Enlightenment to the Dark Realm! I think it can be a rather silly twist making some lame dude into a badass killer.
[/fiction|delusion]

Lol.
Belle

Re: *Spoilers* Troy as Pesmerga and Yuber as...

Post by Belle »

Yuber was around three hundred years before the events of Suikoden 1, as shown by the flashback of the destruction of the Village of the Hidden Rune.

Suikoden 4 takes place 150 years before the events of Suikoden 1.

The star thing is certainly a problem, but not as much of a problem as Yuber already existing before Snowe was even born.
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

Oh crap, forgot about the hidden rune village incident... Guess that voids everything.

But what if, the births are only a cover up? Man, I really want to defend this theory but nothing to back it up :P.

*sigh*
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

bluemask wrote:While Yuber wasn't present in S4, he could have been any yellow haired character there but the only problem lies that Yuber is in fact a SoD dismissing every possibility that he was present in 4.
That must be why he's not in Suikoden and Suikoden II as well then is it? :wink:
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

Lemmy Claypool wrote:
bluemask wrote:While Yuber wasn't present in S4, he could have been any yellow haired character there but the only problem lies that Yuber is in fact a SoD dismissing every possibility that he was present in 4.
That must be why he's not in Suikoden and Suikoden II as well then is it? :wink:
I'm guessing you're playing with my grammar? I know it got confusing on the first part. I'm just saying that him being a SoD is dismissing his presence in S4 since his SoD spot in S4 is replaced by some other character. I'm just thinking that if he's not a SoD in S3 (sorry for not mentioning earlier), he could be any yellow-haired, young-looking character in S4. Being stucked as SoD limits the possibility of him being some other character plus the timeline fact Belle mentioned above. :P
Aerolithe Lion

Post by Aerolithe Lion »

Lemmy wasn't making fun of your grammar, but he was pointing out something that contradicts your post. You said " dismissing every possibility that he was present in 4" because he was a SoD in 3.

Yuber is in SI and SII despite being a SoD in III. Not every important character in Suikoden IV is a star of destiny. So Yuber absolutely could be in Suikoden IV, and it's not "dismissing every possibility"
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

LOL, it is still related to my sentence structure but ok, guess overreacting is my first reaction to things ('-_-).

I'm not saying that he isn't in I and II so why bring that up :P. My well.. fail theory only revolves around S4 since it's in the past and there is more room to speculate. Another thing I forgot to mention which is why you guys are forcing my contradicting statements, is that I'm just purely speculating on the SoD roster not every character in the game. If he wasn't a SoD in 3, my theory could be given more justice since he could be any SoD (with yellow-hair and stuff... yeah).
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

You are kind of talking in circles. It seem like what you're saying is this:
  1. Troy could be Pesmerga because they're both monstrously strong and have dark hair. Since Troy isn't a Star of Destiny, he can't be automatically excluded by being assigned a different star than Pesmerga has in Suikoden and Suikoden II
  2. Yuber may or may not be in Suikoden IV, but the person under his star in that game (his star having been set in III) is clearly not him. Most likely he's not there, but any yellow-haired NPC might fit the bill.
Sounds kind of flaccid to me, but a few more connections might help. It would be kind of interesting if Suikoden IV also preceded Yuber and Pesmerga's rivalry somehow. I don't think that's what happened, and I think attributing that much subtlety to the scenario gives Suikoden IV's writers more credit than they deserve.

Edit: Troy sinks with his ship toward the end of the game. I don't think there's a confirmation that he's dead. You still have to assume that he survived against the odds, and then went on to assume another identity after some period of unknown activities, and he became ageless, undead, displaced in time, or otherwise magically imbued so that he could appear to still be about 20-40 after 150 years of roaming the land.
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

That last bit could be solved by suggesting that some unknown True Rune found him before he drowned, but it wouldn't solve the issue of Pesmerga having identical armor to what Yuber had been sporting even 150 years before that. The simple answer is that Yuber and Pesmerga both existed long before the events of SIV. But the idea of Snowe being Yuber gave me a good chuckle so thanks for that :lol:
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

If Yuber was in S4 then he would be Izak because they have the same star...but Yuber being Izak is impossible because Yuber existed before Izak was born.
The only one who could be Yuber is Graham Cray,but still Graham was born after Yuber existed.
So if he was in S4 then he could be a character without an avatar...just a common citizen,but hiding his real ID.....or a Kooluk soldier probably? :wink:

Now about Pesmerga....yes he could be Troy,that theory is more possible,since we don't know Pesmerga's past before S1.
But what about Pesmerga being Troy's ghost? :?:
After Troy died,he turned into an ageless ghost wandering around the lands searching for Yuber,a former Kooluk soldier back in S4?
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

@Pyriel: I'm not talking in circles. You see, I already told the theory is already void because of the fact that Yuber was around way before S4 and being young-again is kind of impossible (based on my theory that he's a young SoD, unless he has a transforming ability). I'm only telling that if he's not a SoD in 3, there's more possibility that he's any yellow-haired SoD since he would not be locked into his star as Sasarai here said, it is taken by Izak.

1. Pesmerga is a separate speculation. Judging from the events, there's a higher possibility of the theory being true.
2. You see:

Tenyu Star: Yuber (3) -> Izak (4) right?
In case he's not the Tenyu Star in 3, there's more room to speculate. He could be any Star of Destiny and I believe he could be Snowe which is fanfic lol. I mentioned that my speculations is only revolving around the SoDs, excluding NPCs, Graham Cray, Reinbach III etc.

Whatever, it's purely fanatic and is completely baseless.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Aerolithe is correct, that's what I was getting at, not your grammar. What I thought you were saying was Yuber couldn't be in Suikoden IV because his star was taken by another, which I now infer is not what you meant, correct?
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Well, a friend once said that Pesmerga was actually Luca Blight sent back to rectify some karma things, by ending Yuber which is way worse in terms of everything. Which is why both wear heavy armor and a big sword.

Not saying this theory my friend had is in any way or form plausible, just thought I'd share it.
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

Lemmy Claypool wrote:Aerolithe is correct, that's what I was getting at, not your grammar. What I thought you were saying was Yuber couldn't be in Suikoden IV because his star was taken by another, which I now infer is not what you meant, correct?
Oh ok. Yep, that's what I truly meant. Sorry for the long-winded explanations. I was too shallow when it comes to these things which is bad for me lol.
Hirathien wrote:Well, a friend once said that Pesmerga was actually Luca Blight sent back to rectify some karma things, by ending Yuber which is way worse in terms of everything. Which is why both wear heavy armor and a big sword.

Not saying this theory my friend had is in any way or form plausible, just thought I'd share it.
Man... that's alot better than my theory which is not entirely by comparing appearances! Sound quite plausible.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Hirathien wrote:Well, a friend once said that Pesmerga was actually Luca Blight sent back to rectify some karma things, by ending Yuber which is way worse in terms of everything. Which is why both wear heavy armor and a big sword.

Huh...that's out of the blue.

If Pesmerga is Luca,then he is not a shadow,as supposed to be,but Luca dressing with different armor,and Luca faking his death in S2 when you defeat him.

Something like that Pesmerga is Luca's alter ego.