Suikoden 2 Gibberish

In-Depth topics that fail to give reasons for their hypotheses.
Muinesque

Suikoden 2 Gibberish

Post by Muinesque »

I'm playing the game again and I didn't see a listing for it here.To learn the "Gibberish language,find all the Rumormongers and continue to pay them 5X each. Gustav rewards you with a gift.Rumormonger locations are,Forest Village,pay 150 potch,South Window,pay 50 potch,Highway Village,pay 300 potch,Crom Trading Post,pay 300 potch.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Re: Suikoden 2 Gibberish

Post by Oppenheimer »

I'm not quite sure what you're talking about. The trading secret gibberish is a coding error. It's a part of non-translated Japanese text. Since the alphabet isn't loaded into the game for Japanese it comes out as gibberish.

Unless I misunderstand what you're talking about, there's no reward.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

He's saying that if you pay each "gibberish" person 5 times and then go see Gustav he'll give you an item that will let you understand it. As if it was an intentional part of the game.

Basically he's trying to create a "Resurrect Aerith", "Save General Leo", "Get upstairs in Forest Village" rumor. It's not even the first time he tries: http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewt ... 06#p106606

Unfortunately the facts remain that we know why it's gibberish and it only occurs in the american version so his attempt is ill adviced and quite frankly I take offense at the idea that we'd be dumb enough to fall for it.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I see. So he thinks being a troll on the site is something we'll stand for. Much more of that and he'll find out how wrong he is.