Dolph.......is Mike?

In-Depth topics that fail to give reasons for their hypotheses.
Hork

Dolph.......is Mike?

Post by Hork »

Can Dolph (Michafute) be Mike from Suikoden III? Maybe he survived some how.

1. He looks similar and seems to have appropriately aged 30 years. Mike could pass for over 40.

-Especially the clothing of both of them. They seem so plain for people who are supposed to be important.

2. Mike is part of some sort of secret organization which could very well be Nether Gate.

-Kidd: "I saw Mike talking with some strange people. Some scary guys were bowing to him. Maybe he's important."

3. Weird displays of emotion.

-The tagline on Mike's acting ability (as stated by Nadir) is that he smiles or laughs at weird times. It seems Nether Gate's training screws up your emotions (Sagiri in particular).

Is is possible Dolph actually survived....and 30 years later was scouting the events in Grassland for Nether Gate?
RangerDeon

Re: Dolph.......is Mike?

Post by RangerDeon »

I've never put the 2 together.
*gasps* I must look into it!

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Hork

Post by Hork »

I think it's farfetched myself...but in all honesty the first time I saw Dolph in SV I said to myself, "he's dressed so humbly and plain for a major character" and for some reason reminded me of what I thought about Mike in SIII. They are dressed like that to fit in and be inconspicuous to those around them.

To me it's not the hair color or even the fact that Mike is part of "some organization" but the fact that they are both using that method of generic clothing to infiltrate and remain inconspicuous.
Hork

Post by Hork »

According to the birthdates Mike is 11 years younger than Dolph. If those dates are written in stone and 100% official than this theory is already debunked.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Maybe he survived some how.
Survived. Survived being disintigrated by the Dawn Rune.

Oh boy.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Or they just stole Dolphs look from Mike.
Hork

Post by Hork »

Crazier stuff has gone down in Suikoden history...Gremio totally came back to life after being killed.

Maybe Dolph was resurected with the Dragon Balls or something.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

If one uses the "a miracle saved him" logic, then Dolf could easily have become someone like Kogorou or even Kenji. His looks may have been transformed along with his personality.

In the end, when you base an assumption based on another assumption (that has no hypothetical basis), it makes no sense.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

On a sidenote, the death year of Dolph is the same as the birth year of Mike, so maybe he really didn't "die" but started living as another Person.. But I guess it is impossible, because Dolph/Mike would be 46 years old in Suikoden III and he definitely looks younger.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Yeah... see that's what we call a BS argument. You can use the same rationale to "prove" anything.

I could say that Neclord is still alive and posing as Eike, because after all Gremio came back and Eike is mysterious and has strange powers and appears to be undead. Obviously he's Neclord.

You need something to base a theory on, so far all facts are against you. As of Suikoden V, Dolph is dead, Nether Gate disbanded and nothing so far suggests that the facts are anything but as portrayed in V. And you convienently ignore all the hints that Mike is in fact working for Harmonia.
Hork

Post by Hork »

Dolph died the same year Mike was born!? Hmmmmm....maybe it's like when Crowley and Mazus were reborn. I bet with all their divine knowledge of drugs/poultices/elixirs/tonics/medicines the Nether Gate must have concocted some sort of revitalizing formula (or formulae even) in order to resurrect him. The only question which remains is why Nether Gate would be interested in the happenings in Grassland? My guess is they are looking to rebuild the organization and were hunting for True Runes just like everyone else in order to gain more power in the underworld (they have to compete with the Kage, the Howling Voice and all those other secret splinter cells).

The plot thickens...
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

[quote="Hork"]The plot thickens...[/quote]

More like the opposite.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

There's only one thing getting thicker in here and it ain't the plot.
Mise

Post by Mise »

Huh... This is interesting. Admittedly, it WOULD be interesting if it was true, but all this is is speculation, it's not being based off of anything concrete in the first place.

I've heard a lot of ideas on Mike's true identity, one of which being that he is actually Zaj. SOMEONE has to be wrong here, :p
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

It would be more interesting if someone could conjure up a theory where he isn't someone who's died twice already.