Pre Order Bonus?

Ask about, or share details for, various Suikoden collectables; such as cards, soundtracks and publications.
Quing

Pre Order Bonus?

Post by Quing »

Which of the Suikodens had pre order bonuses and what were they both in the Japanese and American versions?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Pre Order Bonus?

Post by KFCrispy »

Suikoden IV had an artbook. Suikoden V may have come with a soundtrack, I don't remember.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Japan has a lot of Suikoden merchandise, including a Suikoden III mousepad that may have come with a pre-order. I've always wanted the mousepad, but mousepads are pretty much obsolete due to the optical mouse.
Mikagami_Mifuyuu

Post by Mikagami_Mifuyuu »

Suikoden V had an artbook and a DVD as the bonus. Suikoden IV had a keychain and artbook.

Suikoden III had a mousepad and keychain or mobile strap and a plushie? Don't know about III since I didn't manage to get it.
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

The preorder bonus for Suikoden V wasn't anything special, you get a small artbook and a soundtrack with some of the songs in the game.

My artbook had a lot of defects, like mispellings, wrong rune symbols and the pictures weren't perfect either. But I guess as a collectors item it is nice to an extent.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
Quing

Post by Quing »

So are the various bonuses mentioned for the Japanese or American releases? The bonuses are different, correct?
Mikagami_Mifuyuu

The bonuses I mentioned were from the Japanese releases (I pre-ordered the Japanese releases as soon as I found out about them). Not too sure if the American ones are different, sorry!

The DVD bonus for the Japanese release had all the openings for all Gensosuikoden games so far, and some CVs and etc.
EternalOnslaught

The American preorder bonus for Suikoden V didn't have a DVD, it had a small folder with art on it and a audio CD and a small artbook, which has many glitches in it. It's not that bad though... But I wish they would've included the DVD

Interesting what would the preorder bonus for Suikoden VI would be.

Also, since they are PS1 games, did Suikoden 1-2 and the suikogaiden even have any preorder bonuses? If such a thing existed back then.
Mikagami_Mifuyuu

I remember Googling and searching online like a madman to check if Suikoden 1 & 2 and Gaiden had any pre-order bonuses and after a long time, I came to the conclusion that there was no such thing. XD;

Then again, by the time I started hunting for them it was about 3-5 years later, so...I guess it's unlikely? =x
EternalOnslaught

Well, what a waste. I guess a preorder option for GBC Suikoden Card Story didn't exist either? How about Suikoden Tactics/Rhapsodia, it came with a soundtrack, but that was with every copy, did anything else come with it, if you preorder it?
Mikagami_Mifuyuu

Sorry, I don't know anything about Tactics/Rhapsodia - was too busy with rl then, so I didn't have time to pay attention to anything else. -x- Maybe you can try Googling and/or looking up Japanese sites/etc?