Suikoden V Manga?

Ask about, or share details for, various Suikoden collectables; such as cards, soundtracks and publications.
Preston

Suikoden V Manga?

Post by Preston »

I was browsing online and came across this Genso Suikoden V Anthology Comic series 1-4, but I was interested to know if there are any others like this for Suikoden 5. (Curious as to where some of those art pictures came from that Genso Suikoden V 108 Stars Book near the back pages).
Basel

Post by Basel »

There won't be a manga for Suikoden V since a novel is already in production. Also, those 4 anthology books are for suikoden 5. You can get more information about the novels and comics on this sticky: Publications - Novels and Comics
"The real issue is not TALENT as an independent element, but talent in relationship to WILL, DESIRE, AND PERSISTENCE. Talent without these things VANISHES and even modest talent with those characteristics GROWS..." -Milton Glaser
Preston

Post by Preston »

-Thanks.
I'm assuming these are in Japanese or most of these books? The Anthology, anyway 1-4? As for that http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/4840235716 this too a full Japanese novel? Sorry, to ask questions that may seem common, but I'm new to this. Thanks.

-I do admire the artwork too, which is why I was asking.

-----
Update:
Ah, missed that note in the sticky. My bad.
Basel

Post by Basel »

All the publications released so far are in Japanese. The only exception is Suikoden III manga which is being translated by tokyopop. For Suikoden V there are 4 Anthology Comic books and a novel with two volumes so far. The link you have is for the first volume of the novel. Please post future questions in the Publications - Novels and Comics topic.
"The real issue is not TALENT as an independent element, but talent in relationship to WILL, DESIRE, AND PERSISTENCE. Talent without these things VANISHES and even modest talent with those characteristics GROWS..." -Milton Glaser
Kirkis

Post by Kirkis »

TokyoPop might translate the other novels... depending on Suiko3 sales I'd bet... considering the fact that the Boogiepop books, Battle Royale, Vampire Hunter D, and a handful of other booky type things have been getting american releases finally.
- Kirkis
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

There now appears to be a manga.,.
Basel wrote:KING BLOG entry on Thursday 2006.11.02 has a link to the mobile magazine and what seems to be a site for mobile phones: http://d53.jp/

The mobile magazine has the following news:

Quote:
幻想水滸伝V -黎明の城-

漫画:柘植ミズキ
大人気RPGシリーズが待望の漫画化!最高のクオリティと世界観は必読の価値アリ!大河ロマンに酔いしれろ!!

Google translated part of the news article as "Large popularity RPG series long-awaited cartoon conversion!"
Leon Xthonic wrote:My god, they're making a manga. However, the artist is some person called Mizuki Tsuge. Never heard of her.
Pesmerga

Post by Pesmerga »

If there is a manga that might me yet another name for the Prince to juggle with :lol: Between Faroush, Freyjadour, and whatever the manga one is I wonder which will be the most popular... *votes for Faroush*.
Richmond: "I'm still not sure what kind of a creature he is. Some people say he's just a
shadow from another existence."

Pesmerga: "Hmmm. I thought that if I pursued Neclord, I'd run into Yuber."
Dura Sinai

Post by Dura Sinai »

Kirkis wrote:TokyoPop might translate the other novels... depending on Suiko3 sales I'd bet... considering the fact that the Boogiepop books, Battle Royale, Vampire Hunter D, and a handful of other booky type things have been getting american releases finally.
Don't hold your breath. Tokyopop has been cutting back on the licences lately and have been really dropping the print and translation quality of anything beyond the uber-popular titles. The Suikoden III manga is one of the ones that they seem to show no itnerest in at this point but to just chug it out with little regard to quality. So I doubt it is doing well enough to the point where we will see the novels translated.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

The Suikoden V Manga is currently slated to be available only through cell phones. It's an odd Japanese thing where people use their cell phone as an internet browser more than as an actual phone...
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

Which means we'll be doing it too in five to ten years.
Basel

Post by Basel »

Konami has part of the Suikoden V digital comic available online as a flash movie here: http://www.konami.jp/mobile/d53/index.html

It features the attack on the Sun Palace.
Preston

Post by Preston »

Basel wrote:Konami has part of the Suikoden V digital comic available online as a flash movie here: http://www.konami.jp/mobile/d53/index.html

It features the attack on the Sun Palace.
Thanks for the information. ^_^
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

And yet another "official" name of the Prince surfaces in this mobile manga. Most charming.
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

Which is, for those of us who are lazy?
Vextor
Global Admin

Re: Suikoden V Manga?

Post by Vextor »

It reads along the lines of "Ardil"