What are everyone's overall impressions of the SIII manga?

Ask about, or share details for, various Suikoden collectables; such as cards, soundtracks and publications.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Apparently HowlingGuild isn't too concerned about money, according to her profile.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

I remember there were always a lot of problems with deadlines - they would send her the draft very shortly before the deadline, and it didn't give her as much time as she wanted to to check stuff.
Simplicity

Re: What are everyone's overall impressions of the SIII manga?

Post by Simplicity »

I just finished Reading Suikoden III Manga.

I have been reading a lot of manga such as,Bleach,Naruto,Claymore and so much more.
But I haven't read a greatness such as Shimuzu-san's Work..

The more I go through the pages, the more I get attracted to the characters,, Their speech,style and the way they communicate
with each other. Back in the game if I recall. Lucia didn't receive that much of a credit as she received in the manga. Not to mention the rest of the characters.

What also got my attention is the way she drew the environment. In some Pages I swear I couldn't turn them over and I couldn't remove my eyes from the them. In volume three or two I believe I saw a page where Grasslanders and Zexen knights standing in two sides waiting for the battle to begin.. I put down the manga and started to give her an applause for drawing the scene of the battle.
A scene where you can see every small details of every small warrior in a big field... LET ME STOP HERE RIGHT NOW !..

over all.. getting a copy of this masterpiece is worth every Pits (XD)..

Please, dose anyone know a website or a fan page that can deliver my thanks and gratitude for Shimizu-san ?? if so please inform me and thank you all for reading.
"We are beyond humanity. We are beyond Salvation" -Ada Wong, Resident Evil 6.
Sagiri

Re:

Post by Sagiri »

Jowy Atreides wrote:Apparently HowlingGuild isn't too concerned about money, according to her profile.
(wOw. she is awesome.)
I personally liked the manga. Shimizu totally did Yun right, although she made Caesar look a little young.
Please, dose anyone know a website or a fan page that can deliver my thanks and gratitude for Shimizu-san ?? if so please inform me and thank you all for reading.
TokyoPop.com, in case you were wondering.
It's a pinky promise. If I break my promise you break my pinky.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: What are everyone's overall impressions of the SIII mang

Post by KFCrispy »

while i bought one of the volumes (vol 2 or 3...) back when i was younger and was still in high school or something, i never actually read it because my goal was to start from Vol 1. i recently found Vol 1-6 and 11 scans on mangafox, but it's missing 7-10. I thoroughly enjoyed Vol 1-6 and now I have bought the entire series.

apparently Vol 7 is super rare because everyone prices it really high while most of them barely sell for $5 after shipping. Vol 10 is also a little pricey... must be the effect of not having them free to read online!

i didn't realize they were so rare, and the situation is even worse because Tokyopop is gone.... so I decided it's worth collecting the real thing. I am now trying to prevent myself from going on a splurge and getting a bunch of the japanese game guides......