Suikoden III themesong

Ask about, or share details for, various Suikoden collectables; such as cards, soundtracks and publications.
Joel

Suikoden III themesong

Post by Joel »

I've had that song stuck in my head for almost a year now. So I wana know some stuff about it.

1. Is there an MP3 of it I can download?
2. What language is it? or is it just made up chanting?
3. Does the song hane any lyrics translated to english?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

please refer to the Collectibles Forum for these types of questions: http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=23

There is a soundtrack available for Suikoden III, you can find info on and ask questions about that and other CDs here: http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=111

but since nobody's really made a discussion about this, it should have its own thread in the Collectibles Forum...
CKTurbo128

Post by CKTurbo128 »

The song is known as either "Exceeding Love" or "Transcending Love" (original song title is in Japanese). It is the first track song on the first disc of the Genso Suikoden III - Original Soundtrack.
The Legend of Suikoden
Yoon's Corner (Formerly The Legend of Suikoden Message Board)
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

it is indeed downloadable, I have it on my computer, you can also download the entire suikoden 3 opening vid, you should be able to find it using share clients, I know limewire works cause thats where I got mine

its made up, fabricated language

its not available in anything besides what you hear in suikoden 3
Eao

Post by Eao »

even if the langauge dosen't exist. I still think it would be cool to have the written lyrics so we can sing along. or have a 'pretend' translation.
the best thing about the internet is that they can't see you pick your nose
Southern_Cross

Post by Southern_Cross »

The main theme was composed and perfeormed by Himekami. On his cd, Voices Best, a rearranged version of Exceeding Love also appears.
Actually, I prefer the first one...
DK

Post by DK »

I used to love that song until...
My dad (who isn't exactly into RPGs) listened to that song and said that it reminded him of screeching cats.
And when I listened to it again, it did kind of sound like that so now I can't get the idea of like Chiepoo, and Nalkul singing that song.
Gate Rune Leknaat

Post by Gate Rune Leknaat »

Oh, I love that song! I downloaded LimeWire just for it! Where do I download the actual video?
chip2h

Re:

Post by chip2h »

son_michael wrote:it is indeed downloadable, I have it on my computer, you can also download the entire suikoden 3 opening vid, you should be able to find it using share clients, I know limewire works cause thats where I got mine

its made up, fabricated language

its not available in anything besides what you hear in suikoden 3
The language could be fabricated but it sounds very African-inspired. The singing style seems like the sort of like the group chanting you might here in some southern African countries. I perceive something faintly Japanese about it, too though.

Not 100% sure though.
RangerDeon

Re: Suikoden III themesong

Post by RangerDeon »

I've had that song stuck in my head for months. .

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore