suikoden v promo

Ask about, or share details for, various Suikoden collectables; such as cards, soundtracks and publications.
ukretro

suikoden v promo

Post by ukretro »

Hi I'm new here and this my first post,

I picked up the pal promo version of suikoden v today and am struggling to find any information about it online.

I know promo versions are usually very limited and rare, wondering how limited it was and any other information you guys can give me.

Thanks.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Re: suikoden v promo

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

There's not much to say about it, you can find promo versions of pretty much any game. Promo versions are used by some publishers in Europe as review copies given to games magazines or store displays to save money on not having to print large covers and manuals. Though they are rarer than the normal releases the value tends to be lower since there's less to them, though the games are almost always the full version.

Their limitation tends to be exaggerated by people trying to sell them, but it's probably in lower 1000's range. No one knows exactly how many are made, but it would vary between companies and depending on game as well as depend on what the most cost-effective print run volume is.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

As a general rule with stuff like that, if it's particularly rare, desirable, or valuable it will be easy to find information on it. Obvious exceptions exist for one-of-a-kind or extremely rare and obscure items, like unreleased prototypes and so on, but your average game demo, promo, or evaluation copy won't fall into that category.

I think even a prototype or beta of Suikoden V would be unlikely to fetch a premium, so the promo is probably worth at most a few bucks more than the actual game to a collector. There'd likely have to be something special in the early copies to drive up the value, like a brief excursion to Scarlet Moon, or a cut revelation that Hikusaak died in Falena while meeting with Arshtat or something.
ukretro

Post by ukretro »

Ok great well I only paid £8 for it so I'm happy.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

That's a fair price. I'd say anyone who paid more than €20 for any of the Suikoden promos was overcharged.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.