whileheavenwepts UPDATED Collection - Warning Image Heavy!

Ask about, or share details for, various Suikoden collectables; such as cards, soundtracks and publications.
whileheavenwept

whileheavenwepts UPDATED Collection - Warning Image Heavy!

Post by whileheavenwept »

Hey guys,

It's been a while since I updated my collection photos, previously posted here. Since then, i've accumulated a ton more stuff. Now what I listed below, even though it's more updated, still isn't completely up to date. I am probably missing about 20 things or so, such as more pop standee's, the new psp game, and some promotional stuff that went along with that release, etc. The problem with updating those images is, I can't entirely remember exactly what I haven't photographed yet :(. Most of my collection is packed away in cabinets and drawers since I don't have the space to properly display it. It makes finding things a little difficult :(.

Anywho, to give a bit of back story on how i've acquired all this, i've been heavily collecting anything and everything from the Suikoden franchise since around 2005. In the last 8 years, i've been searching almost daily for new items. I've seen a lot of cool things, some of which I don't have yet. Believe it or not there are still tons more stuff to collect for our beloved series, it's just that they're incredibly rare and either i've only seen photographs of them but never auctions, or I just lost a bid and haven't had the chance to see those items ever again :(. This collection is the culmination of a lot of hard work and dedication, checking daily for these items, researching, and yes, a lot of money was involved too (sadly). I obviously have a love for it though. Suikoden is my all time favourite franchise, with the first 2 games being my favourite games of all time. There is also a certain amount of excitement when finding or learning about new items I hadn't seen before, or finally being able to purchase items i'd spent YEARS looking for.

Now, in the following images you will see doubles and triples of some things. That isn't due to hoarding, haha, but more because sometimes I purchase things in lots and they inevitably come with things i've purchased previously. It's a hazard of collecting, haha.

Also, sorry if the way this collection is laid out is a bit awkward when viewing. I didn't have time to gather my collection together and take a few images of it all together. Instead, I took individual photos that I had been using to log all my items. I log everything as I get it in a word document, to prevent double buying things, and just so I can keep track of what I have. Due to this, some of the items may be pictured in lower quality. If you want to see any items in higher quality, let me know, I have the HQ images as well.

Anywho, without further ado, here's my collection (minus a few items i've yet to take images of):

Games
First row: Suikoden 1 NTSC-U Used, Suikoden 1 NTSC-U New Sealed, Suikoden I NTSC-J New Sealed, Suikoden NTSC-J English Japan Version New Sealed (This is pretty rare, it's a Japanese version of Suikoden I with english text so that people "Born in America" (haha) but living in Japan could play it)

Second row: Suikoden I Sega Saturn Used, Suikoden Sega Saturn New Sealed, 2x Suikoden I PC Windows NTSC-J Used (One is missing it's manual, other is complete. ALL Suikoden PC versions are rare. The Japanese version, though rare, is the most common of all though.)

Third row: Suikoden I PC Chinese Version Used (Missing the box), Suikoden I PC Chinese Version Complete, Suikoden II NTSC-US New Sealed, Suikoden II NTSC-J New Sealed

First row: Suikoden II Konami The Best NTSC-J New Sealed, Suikoden II NTSC-J HK Silver with Shin on the front (This is a bootleg), Suikoden 2 PC Chinese version Used (This item is very rare, in 8 years collecting i've only seen it once), Suikoden III NTSC-U New Sealed

Second row: Suikoden III Konamistyle Premier Set Limited Edition NTSC-J, 2x Suikoden III NTSC-J Konami Shareholders Edition (These are very rare and were only given to stockholders of Konami. One is open and one is New Sealed), 4x Suikoden IV NTSC-U (Three of them are New Sealed and one is Used)

Third row: Suikoden IV PAL Promo Full Game (These were given as review copies to the press before the release in Europe), Suikoden IV NTSC-J Limited Edition New Sealed, Suikoden IV NTSC-J w/ Limited Box (I believe the box was only given out with Amazon.co.jp pre-orders - very rare), Suikoden Tactics NTSC-U New Sealed

First row: Suikoden Tactics PAL Promo Full Game (Just like the Suikoden IV one, these were given as review copies to the press before the release in Europe), 2x Suikoden V NTSC-U New Sealed, Suikoden V PAL Promo Full Game (Just like IV and Tactics, these were given as review copies to the press before the release in Europe), Suikoden V Limited Edition New Sealed

Second row: Suikogaiden Volume 1 New Sealed, Suikogaiden Volume 1 PSOne Books New Sealed, Suikogaiden Volume 2 New Sealed, Suikoden Card Stories GBA New Sealed

Third row: Suikoden Tierkreis NTSC-US New Sealed, Suikoden Tierkreis Konamistyle Limited Edition New Sealed (Notice the lack of quality in the packaging for this release - Damn you Konami!!) (The image to the right of this isn't mine, it is only to show the contents of this release), Suikoden Tierkreis NTSC-Korean New Sealed

Demos and Betas
First row: Game King Happy Killer Video Game (Sorry, this should actually be in the Games section, too late now haha. This is a video game called Happy Killer for the chinese handheld system “Game King”. It has nothing to do with Suikoden except the picture on the cover is stolen from a suikoden artist and has Flik on it. If anyone is interested on this one, here is a hilarious video review of it. I highly suggest watching that entire video for some good laughs.), Vandal Hearts II Pal-UK New Sealed (Contains a playable Suikoden II Demo - Believe it or not this one actually took me YEARS to find sealed and new - no idea why it's so rare to find it in that condition), Metal Gear Solid NTSC-J New Sealed (Contains a playable demo of Suikoden II), Suikoden III Preview Build 08/09/2002 (A very rare preview build of the US version of Suikoden 3. If you plug in a second controller you have access to some very cool debug options. It's dated 08/09/2002. One of a kind)

Second row: Suikoden III Preview Build 07/15/2002 (A very rare preview build of the US version of Suikoden 3. I haven’t compared it to see the differences yet. It is dated 07/15/2002. One of a kind), Suikoden IV Demo Konami Preview Disc New Sealed, Suikoden IV Demo PS2 Official Magazine PAL (This has a playable demo of Suikoden IV. It is PAL and was released in the Playstation 2 Official Magazine in the UK. It is Demo Disc 71 April 2006.), Suikoden IV Embargo Demo (This is a demo labelled Embargo – Print Media - Nov Issue. It is dated November, the release of Suikoden IV in the US was January 11th, 2005. Which means this demo was released some months before it. This was a demo given to Embargo press. The demo takes place on the island where you get shipwrecked - you get access to your Hero + 3 other random characters that change everytime you play, you are also given Lv 4 magics).

Guides
First row: Suikoden I Prima Unofficial Guide (US), Suikoden I Official German Guide (pretty rare), Suikoden I Chinese Guide Book Used, Suikoden II Official Prima Guide (US), Suikoden 2 Perfect Clear Guide Chinese Book

Second row: Suikoden III The Complete Guide (Japanese), Suikoden IV Bradgames Guide (US), Suikoden IV Official Guide First Edition (Japanese), Suikoden IV Famitsu Start Guide Book (Released by Famitsu, No. 27, Appendix 8) (Japanese), Suikoden Tactics Guide by Bradygames (US),

Third row: Rhapsodia Jump Books Guide (Japanese), Suikoden V Guide by Bradygames New Sealed (US), Suikoden V Complete Guide (This version comes with a Suikoden V Bookmark inside - you'll see them further down in the Cards section of this post) (Japanese), Suikogaiden Vol 1 World Expansion Book Guide (Japanese), Suikogaiden Vol 2 Official Perfect Guide (Japanese)

Artbooks
First row: Suikoden II Art Works Art Book (Japanese), Suikoden II Art Book (Japanese), Suikoden IV Artbook (US), Suikoden IV Artbook Autographed by Junko Kawano!!! (The person I bought this from went to a Press event where Junko Kawano was present. He was lucky enough to get to interview her through a translator. At the end of the interview she was so nice and gave this to him as a present, she drew an image of Lazlo infront of him, then signed it. The artbook itself is the original one that can be found inside the Suikoden IV Limited NTSC-J edition pictured in the Games section above. I absolutely love this item!!! One of a kind!)

Second row: The Art of Suikoden V New Sealed (Artbook given as a pre-order bonus in the US), Suikoden Card Stories Visual Book (Japanese), Suikoden Tierkreis Digital Artbook and Soundtrack New Sealed (This was a pre-order bonus in the US and Canada for pre-ordering Suikoden Tierkreis. It was given out at EB Games and Gamestop.)

Manga
First row: Suikoden 1 Manga The Being Torn Spirit Vol 1, Suikoden2 Manga The Succeed Crest Vol 1, Suikoden III Successor of Fate Manga volumes 1 – 10 (Missing vol 11), Suikoden III Successor or Fate Manga Volume 5 (French Version, comes with mini DVD)

Novels
First row: Suikoden I Soul Eater Novels Set of 3, Suikoden 2 Novels (Set of 4, missing 1), Suikoden II Brunch + Alliance + Caravelle Doujinshis officially licenced by Konami (Set of 3)

Second row: Suikoden I & II Novels (Set of 4), Suikoden Shinshos Volumes 10 -15 (Still need volumes 1-9 and 16),

Soundtracks
First row: Suikoden I OST New Sealed, Suikoden I 8cm CD Single (Contains one song from Vandal Hearts and one song from Suikoden 1 - The Suikoden song is titled "Premonition". I uploaded it somewhere on these forums but can't seem to find the post now), Konamix Bemani Pocket (A handheld guitar hero type device. Similar to Guitar Hero, you watch the notes scroll up and hit the buttons to the rhythm. Contains the Suikoden 1 Intro Theme. This item is very rare, i've only seen it once - it's also a very unique bit of Suikoden merch), Suikoden II Limited OST w/ Case Used

Second row: Suikoden 2 Volume 1 (Riou) and 2 (Jowy) OST New Sealed (These 2 CDs are the ones packaged with the last CD in the first row of this image, just without the box), Suikoden IV OST, The Music of Suikoden IV + Gold Coin New Sealed (Came with 100 potch gold coin - Enough to buy Medicine from your Castle!!!), Suikoden IV Limited Edition OST New Sealed (Came with Piano Score for some Suikoden IV songs)

Third row: Suikoden IV Another World OST New Sealed (This was an exclusive CD on Konamistyle in Japan only.), Rhapsodia OST New Sealed, Rhapsodia CD Case (Very rare. Given in very limited number of quantities as a pre-order bonus for Rhapsodia on Amazon.jp.co. It is the cd case for the limited edition soundtrack included with the Japanese version of the game.), Suikogaiden Volume 1 OST New Sealed, Suikogaiden Volume 2 OST New Sealed

First row: Suikoden Orgel Collection Used but still with original plastic (Insanely rare - Promo CD part of mail-away offer with the purchase of 3 other Suikoden albums, limited to only 1000 prints. March 31, 2003 was the final date for claiming the album with cutouts from the obis of the three other albums.), Suikoden Arrange Collection Vol 1 Piano & Vocal New Sealed

DVDs
First row: Suikoden III Silver DVD New Sealed (Given to stores in Japan to promote the release of Suikoden III), Suikoden III Gold DVD New Sealed (Given to stores in Japan to promote the release of Suikoden III), Suikoden IV Blue DVD New Sealed (Given to stores in Japan to promote the release of Suikoden IV)

Second row: Suikoden IV White and Blue DVD New Sealed (Given to stores in Japan to promote the release of Suikoden IV), Rhapsodia DVD New Sealed (Given to stores in Japan to promote the release of Rhapsodia), 3x Suikoden V DVD New Sealed (These contain interviews with the creators and details on every suikoden to date. They were given as pre-order bonuses for Suikoden V in Japan. I actually have 5 of these things even though only 3 are pictured)

Third row: Suikoden V Limited Edition DVD Cases New Sealed (These were given to people who pre-ordered Suikoden V from Konamistyle only. They were released in very very limited quantities. They are meant to house the above DVD. There are 2 in the set, 3 are pictured but 2 are doubles), Suikoden V Promo DVD Blue Disc New Sealed (I have 3 of these - Given to stores in Japan to play in the store for promotional purposes for the release of Suikoden V), Suikoden V Promo DVD Silver Disc Used (Given to stores in Japan to play in the store for promotional purposes for the release of Suikoden V)

First row: Suikoden V Store Promo DVD w/ Case (Given to stores to promote the release of Suikoden V), Suikoden Tierkreis Promo DVD Number 1 (Blue) New Sealed, Suikoden Tierkreis Promo DVD Number 2 (Black) New Sealed

Posters
First row: Suikoden 1 Promo Poster (Very rare - only seen 1 in 8 years), Suikoden II Promo Poster Japan Version, Suikoden II Promo PAL Poster (Very rare, only seen 3 in 8 years - These were given to stores in the UK to promote the upcoming game. This particular one I own was bought from a store owner who said it was given to him by a Konami rep who gave him a few to hand out to customers)

Second row: Suikoden II 108 Stars of Destiny Poster, Suikoden III US Poster #1

First row: Suikoden III US Poster #2, Suikoden III Magazine Posters (These were ads taken from a gaming magazine in the US), Suikoden IV Double Sided Poster

Second row: Suikoden IV Long Poster (It’s double sided, the other side advertises the cell phone straps (pictured later in this post). I have 2 of these), Rhapsodia Double Sided Poster (the image next to this with Kyril and others on it is the opposite side of the poster - I have 2 of these), Rhapsodia Long Advertisement Poster (I have 2 of these)

First row: Rhapsodia TGS Poster Andarc Bergman (This is a very rare and expensive set of posters released in Japan at TGS. They came in a set of 6. This one features the character Andarc Bergman on it. The next 5 posters imaged are part of this set.), Rhapsodia TGS Poster Corselia, Rhapsodia TGS Poster Kyril, Rhapsodia TGS Poster Snowe, Kyril, and Lazlo

Second row: Rhapsodia TGS Poster Seneca, Rhapsodia TGS Poster Yohn, Suikoden V Posters Set of 3 (First one has the Prince and Miakis on it, 2nd has the Prince and Georg on it, 3rd is the classic cover art of Suikoden V. I own 2 of the one with the Prince and Georg.)

First row: Suikoden V 108 Autographed Poster (Insanely rare - limited to 108. Contains autographs from the Director, the Composer and Sound Producer, and the Art Director of Suikoden V. I talk more about it in this thread here. Also pictured below this is a letter of Authenticity.), Suikoden V Promo Poster, Suikogaiden Volume 1 Poster

Second row: Letter of Authenticity for above Autographed poster, Suikoden V Long Poster, Suikogaiden Volume 2 Poster

First row: Suikogaiden TGS 2001 Mini Poster Set New Sealed (3 mini posters inside. This was sold at the Spring TGS in 2001.), Suikoden Tierkreis US Poster (Came from a gaming magazine), Suikoden Tierkreis Poster, Suikoden Card Stories: Booster Pack Vol. 1 Promo Poster (I have 2 of these), Suikoden Card Stories: Premium Pack Promo Long Poster

Second row: Suikoden Card Stories: Booster Pack Vol. 3 poster (I have 2 of these), Suikoden Card Stories: Booster Pack Vol. 4 Poster

Third row: Suikoden Card Stories Chapter II Booster pack Vol. 1 poster, Suikoden Card Stories -Chapter II- Booster Pack Vol. 4 promo poster

Banners
First row: Suikoden 2 Nobori (Insanely rare - As far as I know, only a few of these were made to be displayed outside of gaming events, similar to the Tokyo Game Show), Suikoden III Promo Banner (This belongs in a set of 4 - which is pictured to the right of this), Suikoden III Promo Banners Set of 4 (These are sealed away, but they are store banners in a set of 4. They include banners of Chris, Geddoe, Hugo, and the Suikoden III Logo (pictured in the previous image)

Second row: Suikoden IV Gamestop Wall Hanging (It was given to certain Gamestops in the US to help promote the release of Suikoden IV), Suikoden IV Wall Hanging (Released by Konami as a pre-order bonus to help promote Suikoden IV. This isn't my image, mine is still sealed), Suikoden V Japanese Standee Display (These were used in Japanese stores to promote the game. This one has a bit of damage to it. Very large, maybe 4 feet high. It requires a bit of assembly as it comes with other parts - you can see them imaged there as well).

Figures and Plushies
First row: Suikoden II Jowy Doll (Released by Volks - Incredibly rare. There was also a release of Riou but I haven't been able to find that one yet), Suikoden Konami set of 7 figures New Sealed (US version), Suikoden Konami Figure Box New Sealed (Same as the previous pictured figures, but these are the Japanese version)

Second row: Suikoden V Sialeeds Painted Resin Kit (This kit was released at wonderfestival in Japan. Unfortunately mine isn’t the authentic kit but a chinese knockoff, still very rare though. It was gorgeously painted by an artist I commissioned named Annya. She can be found at http://annyasworkshop.blogspot.com/ ), Suikoden III TGS Plushies New Sealed (A set of 3 plushies released at TGS. They consist of Luc, Sgt. Joe, and Koroku. I have 2 of Sgt. Joe), Suikoden III Flame Champion Plush (This plushie comes with the Suikoden III Konami Style Limited Edition, but I have a loose double of it)

Third row: Suikoden V Lyon Figure Opened (Released by Yujin), Suikoden V Lyon Figure New Sealed (Yujin)

First row: Suikoden V Lyon Limited Edition New Sealed (Very rare. Sold at the 2007 Winter Wonderfest. The only difference between this version and the normal version (pictured above) is the position of the arm and the “Limited Edition” sticker. I have read there are only 500 of these made but don't have confirmation on that.), Jeane Figure (1 Open, 1 New Sealed. Another figure released by Yujin in December 2008. These gashapon (capsule toys) figures were released in a set of 4 with one “secret” figure. Jeane was the only toy from the Suikoden franchise), 3x Suikoden V Sialeeds Unpainted PVC Figure Kit (The unpainted versions of the painted Sialeeds figure pictured above. These are also the non-authentic versions), Viki Pinky Figure (Made for me by another Suikoden Collector and suikosource forum member - Nanami. Thanks Nan'!!)

Cards
First row: Suikoden I Full Card Set (This is the entire set, all regular cards and SP cards.), Suikoden I Cards set (This is a second set that is almost complete. It is missing regular card 21, and special cards 1, 4, 8, and 9.), Suikoden I Cards Set (This is a third set that is almost complete. It is missing regular cards 12 and 127, and special cards SP3, SP4, and SP6.), Pictured just underneath this image is another Suikoden I Cards Set (Pretty much a 4th set. Just missing a few from here (missing all special cards and 10, 12, 18, 21, 22, 23, 26, 32, 33, 35, 68, 99. 118, 119, 120, 121, 127, 128, 129, 130))

Second row: Suikoden 1 Cards Doubles (Just more doubles... have way too many of these haha), Suikoden I Card Box (The box that packs of the Suikoden I Card set came in), Suikoden I Card Pack (This is a used, open, empty card pack that the Suikoden I Cards would have come in), Suikoden I Card Binder (This was made to hold the Suikoden I cards. I have my collection of Suikoden I Cards in there.)

First row: Suikoden DoCoMo TGS 2007 Card (DoCoMo I believe is a phone service provider in Japan. These were given out at the 2007 Tokyo Game Show - I'm assuming to promote some Suikoden related cell phone thing - maybe games or mangas? I have 3 of these), Suikoden 2 Cards (There are more in this set, I am missing a few, maybe 10 or so), Suikoden Limited TGS 2003 Cards Normal Version (These came in a set of 9, the other 3 could only be gotten by opening a box of Suikoden Chocolate Crunch (imaged below). Those 3 are very rare and expensive. Together they make an image on the back.)

Second row: Suikoden Limited TGS 2003 Hologram Cards (The same as above except these are holographic versions. Very very rare and expensive. I have the full set of 6 and then doubles of Gremio and Thomas.), Suikoden TGS 2003 Chocolate Crunch Cards (These are the last 3 in the set of 9 cards. These are the rarest of the 3 as they could only be obtained by opening a box of the chocolate crunch - pictured below.)

First row: Suikoden Chocolate Crunch Boxes (These were sold at TGS 2003 and inside contained chocolate and 1 of 3 cards completing a set of 9 cards. Together they complete an image on the back.), Suikoden Card Stories Binder New Sealed (Made for housing cards from the Suikoden Card Stories series.), 2 used versions of the previous Suikoden Card Stories Binder (Inside these I have near complete sets of Suikoden Card Stories Chapter 1 and Chapter 2).

Second row: Suikoden Card Stories Chapter 1 Near Complete Set (554 Cards in the set, I have 554 in total (missing 232,241,243,244,252,284,332,396,397,477)), Suikoden Card Stories Chapter 2 Near Complete Set (369 Cards in the set, I have 368 (missing 164 only)), Suikoden Card Stories Chapter 1 (My doubles - 300 doubles)

Third row: Suikoden Card Stories Booster Pack Volume 1 Opened, Suikoden Card Stories Chapter 2 Starter Pack New, Suikoden Card Stories Cards (Another gift from Nanami on these boards, she made these herself - awesome job!), Suikoden Card Stories Starter Box (Contains 50 cards)

First row: Suikoden III Card (I've no idea what this card is, i've only seen it once and know it's rare as heck), Suikoden III TGS Cards (I have the first 5, there are more in the set I think 3 more. Definitely one of Nash. The others are very expensive for some reason.), Konami set of Cards (7 Suikoden cards in the set - there are more but they're for other Konami franchises. Released in 2001)

Second row: Konami set of cards Box (The box that would contain packs for the cards above.), Konami Card Set Package Opened (The package that would have come in the previously imaged box), Suikoden IV TGS 2004 Cards (Limited set of 18 cards sold at TGS 2004. When connected and turned over, they make 2 giant pictures (9 per picture)), Suikoden IV Hologram Cards (These are the rarer version of the cards above. They each have a holographic sparkle to them. I only have 7 of these (pictured below), need the other 11)

Third row: The 7 Holographic cards I have of the last image in the 2nd row.

First row: Konami TGS 2004 Card Set Package (This is the pack that would have contained the above Suikoden IV cards. There were other Konami franchises in the set as well), Suikoden IV Memory Card Stickers (As far as I know these are the only 3 made. They are the only ones I’ve seen. They're pretty tiny), Suikoden V Bookmarks (These are the bookmarks I mentioned before that came with the Japanese Suikoden V Guidebook. I have 1x Toma and 2x Lucretia. I think there is one of all 108 Stars of Destiny but I can't confirm that, only 1 came per guide purchased, so if that's true these could be VERY costly to complete the set)

Second row: Suikogaiden TGS Cards Set of 5 New Sealed (There are 10 in the set but they came in 2 sets of 5 each.)

Phone Cards
First row: Suikoden II Riou Phone Card (Has the envelope it came with as well), Suikoden IV Phone Card New Sealed

Second row: Suikoden V Library Card (VERY rare. This was one of 100 given away as a prize to the comic anthology readers. Also pictured is the letter of Authenticity)

Calendars
First row: Suikogaiden 2001 Calendar New Sealed (I have 2 of these), Suikoden II 2001 School Calendar, Suikoden III TGS 2002 – 2003 Calendar New Sealed

Second row: Konami 2002 Calendar Set (Suikoden 3 is covered on the month of March. You should be able to see it in the next picture, on the right side, it's the classic cover art of Suikoden III), Suikoden 2002 Calendar (I have 2 of these, one is sealed in the white box, the other is open pictured right next to this one)

Third row: Suikoden 2003 Calendar New Sealed

First row: Suikogaiden Volume 1 Seal Calendar New Sealed, Suikoden IV 2005 Calendar New Sealed, Suikoden Tierkreis 2009 Calendar New Sealed, Suikoden Tierkreis 2010 Calendar New Sealed

POP Standees
First row: Suikoden II Konami The Best POP Store Standee New Sealed (This is very rare), Manual for previously imaged SII Pop Standee New Sealed, Suikogaiden Volume 2 POP Standee (1 is New, 1 is Used)

Second row: Suikoden III Display Box (An oversized display box for stores to display to promote the release of Suikoden III. The suikoden III game is pictured beside it only to show scale.), Suikoden IV POP Standee New Sealed, Rhapsodia Store POP Standee New Sealed (Comes in 2 separate packages.)

Third row: Suikoden V and PSP I and II promo standee’s. (Comes in 2 seperate packages)

First row: Suikoden Card Stories POP Stand (I have 3 of these New Sealed), Suikoden Tierkreis POP Stand New Sealed

Second row: A different Suikoden Tierkreis POP Standee new Sealed, Yet another different Suikoden Tierkreis POP Store new sealed

Leaflets
First row: Suikoden 3 Promo leaflet (covers info about Suikoden 1 and 2 as well), Suikoden IV Cover Promo Leaflet, Suikoden V and Rhapsodia Alternate Jump Covers

Second row: Suikoden IV KPE Pachilot Pamphlets (These are promotional pamphlets to promote the Pachislot game. I have 5 of these.)

Clearfiles
First row: Suikoden 2 Clear File, Suikoden II Animate Card Case (Released by Japanese store Animate), Suikoden III Flame Champion Clear File New Sealed, Suikoden 3 Clear File B (2nd in set of 3)

Second row: Suikoden III Clear File C (third in set of 3, I have 2 of these), Suikoden III Clear File Set A New Sealed (contains 3 clear files inside), This is the back of the previously imaged Clear File (Set A)

First row: Suikoden IV Clear File (Released by Famistu), Suikoden V Clear File New Sealed, Suikoden Card Stories Clear File

Second row: Suikoden Tierkreis Clear File (front) (This came from Konamistyle.co.jp for the people who bought the first printing of the new Suikoden Encyclopedia and the Suikoden Arrange Collection Vol 1 Piano & Vocal), This is the back of the previously imaged Tierkries Clear File

Pins and Badges
First row: Suikoden II True Rune Badges New Sealed (Released by Animate. Badges of Riou Great Shield Rune and Jowys Black Sword Rune), Suikoden III Pin Badges New Sealed Set of 4 (I have 2x Hugo, 2x Geddoe, 2x Chris, and 3x Flame Champion)

Second row: Suikoden II Badges Set of 3 New Sealed (3 in the set)

Third row: Suikoden III Badge Boxes (Set of 4. Each box holds 30 packages of pins (1 pin per package). There are a total of 27 badges in the set. These are all unopened except for the green one, the box is open but packages are unopened. Released by Animate.), Suikoden IV Badges New Sealed (Lazlo and Ted. Released by Animate)

Households (Mugs, Placemats, etc)
First row: Suikoden II Animate Mug (I have 2 of these, Released by Animate, comes with blue box), Suikogaiden Volume 1 Mug New Unused (Comes in box)

Second row: Suikoden Rune Mug (This was a free bonus for ordering the Suikoden Tierkreis 2010 Calendar and Suikoden Arrange Collection Vol 1 Vocal & Piano together as a package from Konamistyle. Only the first shipments received this. Comes in a box.), Suikoden II Cookie Jar w/ Box and Pin (This came with a Riou and Jowy Pin and is packaged in the box), Riou and Jowy pin that comes with the Cookie Jar, This is a 2nd Suikoden II Cookie Jar I own, but it comes without the box and pin.

Third row: Suikoden III Coaster Set A and B New Sealed (Set of 2 packs of 2), Suikogaiden Volume 1 Lunch Mat Set New Sealed (I have 2 of these)

First row: Suikoden II Hand Towels New Sealed (Released by Animate. I have 3 of these), Suikoden III Handkerchief Set of 2 New Sealed, Suikoden V Bath Set New Sealed (I forget what comes in this - maybe soap?)

Second row: Suikoden V Hand Mirror New Sealed, Suikoden III Flame Champion Aroma Set New Unused (Very Rare), Suikoden II Coin Bank

Mousepads
First row: Suikoden Card Stories GBA Mousepad Unused, Suikoden III Mouse Pad New Sealed, Suikoden III Mouse Pad New Sealed

Second row: Suikoden II Mouse Pad A New Sealed, Suikoden II Mouse Pad B New Sealed, Suikoden I Mouse Pad New Sealed (Very rare)

Miscellaneous
First row: Suikoden Soul Eater Apple Ipod Nano New Sealed (Comes with Headphones, the Ipod, Case, and a clear case labelled with Suikoden. These were specially ordered from konamistyle in Japan. You could chose 1 of 7 different runes: True Fire Rune, True Water Rune, True Lightning Rune, Sun Rune, Soul Eater, the Rune of Beginning, or the Rune of Punishment. Souleater was the most requested version.), A better image of the contents of the Ipod Box, Suikoden Memory Card Case (Very rare, it's a Playstation 1 memory card case),

Second row: Suikoden I Paper Bag (A promotional suikoden item received at game stores in Japan when you purchase a game. Very rare.), Suikoden I Lanyard Magnet New Sealed, Suikoden I Konamistyle Postcard (These are only given away to people who attended the Konamistyle Store in Tokyo.), Suikoden I Notepad New Sealed

Third row: Suikoden II Photo Stand Box, Suikoden II Photo Stand (This is the Photo stand that is inside the previously imaged box - very rare), Suikoden II TGS 2000 Limited Picture and Frame New Sealed (Sold for 4900yen at TGS 2000. These are limited to 300 only. The picture is also numbered. Very very rare)

First row: Suikoden II Animate Memory Card Case for Playstation 1 New Sealed (Released by Animate. I have 2 of these), Suikoden III Fans New Sealed (I have 2 of these), Suikoden II Portrait Collection New Sealed

Second row: Suikoden II Fans New Sealed (I have 2 of these), Suikoden II Small Mirror New Sealed (Released by Animate), Suikoden II Animate Mirror and Pouch Used (Released by Animate)

Third row: Suikoden II Notebook A New Sealed (1st in set of 2), Suikoden II Notepad B New Sealed (2nd in set of 2), Suikoden II Notepad New Sealed, Suikoden II Riou Cell Phone Strap New Sealed (Released by Animate)

First row: Suikoden II Riou Pencil New Sealed (Released by Animate), Suikoden II Jowy Mouse Accessory New (Released by Animate), Suikoden II Stamp Set (Released by Animate), Suikoden II Viktor Flag New Sealed (Released by Animate), Suikoden II Schedule Seat New Sealed

Second row: Suikoden II Pouch New Sealed, Suikoden II Letter Set New Sealed (I have 2 of these), Suikoden 2 Postcard Riou and Jowy, Suikoden Card Stories Postcard Riou and Tir, Suikoden II Tattoo Set New Sealed

First row: Suikoden I and II PSP Sample Covers (I have 4 of these), Suikoden 3 Hugo Hologram New Sealed, Suikoden 3 Chris Hologram New Sealed, Suikoden 3 Heroes Hologram Sticker New Sealed

Second row: Suikoden III Bromides New Sealed (There are 4 in this set, Chris, Luc, Hugo, and Geddoe. I'm missing Luc.), Suikoden III Albert Keychain (This one came in the same bag as the Suikoden II Mirror Pouch pictured above. I think it is fan made but am unsure.), Suikoden III Seal Set New Sealed, Suikoden III Koroku Keychain New Sealed

Third row: Suikoden 3 Bookmarks Set A, B, C, D, and E Complete New Sealed (There are 5 sets in total in this series, A B C D and E. They were released by Animate.), Suikoden III Flame Champion Pencil Case New Sealed

First row: Suikoden III Fan New Sealed, Pictured just underneath that is 2x Suikoden III Flame Champion Wallet Card Holder New Sealed (I have 2 of these), Suikoden III Stationery Set (Blue and Red) New Sealed (Released by Animate, there are 3 in the set, blue, red, and green. I have all 3), Suikoden III Stationery Set (Green) New Sealed, Suikoden III Flame Champion Cell Phone Strap New Sealed

Second row: Suikoden III Memory Card Case (x2, one sealed, one used. This is a memory card case that opens like a book. Inside it has 6 slots for either a ps1 or ps2 memory card, and 1 slot for the gba cartridge of Suikoden Card Stories. Very rare), Suikoden III Pencil Board New Sealed, Suikoden III Post Card Set of 4 New Sealed (Complete set)

Third row: Suikoden III Coin Purse A, B, and C New Sealed (There are 3 coin purses in this set, I have all 3.), Suikoden III Flame Champion Wood Thing (door hanger?) New Sealed (Not sure exactly what this is. Looks cool though)

First row: Suikoden III Portraits A, B, Geddoe, Chris, Hugo, and Flame Champion New Sealed (6 in the set, I have all 6.)

Second row: Suikoden III Sticker Set TGS 2002 New Sealed, Suikoden Cell Phone Straps New Sealed (Comes in a set of 9. They contain runes on the end of them. In the set are: Lazlo, Hugo, Geddoe, Chris, Riou and Jowy, Tir McDohl, Luc, Sasarai, and Sierra. I have doubles of Riou and Jowy, Tir, and Lazlo.), Suikoden III Flame Champion Dog Tags New Sealed

Third row: Suikoden IV Keychain (This is an extra, it originally came with the Suikoden IV Limited Edition set. The battery is dead in this one but when working it lights up with a button. Rune of Punishment is inside.), Suikoden IV Memory Card New Sealed (8mb memory card for the ps2), Suikoden IV Famitsu Prize Bandana (A) New Sealed (Very rare. These were prizes given to selected famitsu magazine readers in Japan. This also comes with the letter of congratulations.), Suikoden IV Famitsu Prize Bandana (B) New Sealed (Same story as the previous, but this is another version.), Suikoden IV Tattoo New Sealed (Given out at TGS, it’s the Rune of Punishment.)

Fourth row: Suikoden IV KPE Pachislot Official Art (9 pages of art in here), This is just another image of the Pachislot art to the left of this image, Suikoden V Faroush Necklace New Sealed, Suikoden V Limited Edition Art Cell New Sealed (Released as a pre-order bonus in the US.)

First row: Suikoden V Memory Card New Sealed (Made by Hori, it is a playstation 2 8mb memory card.), Suikoden V Letter Set New Sealed, Suikogaiden Portrait New Sealed, Suikogaiden Volume 1 Apron New Sealed

Second row: Suikogaiden Volume 1 Bromides New Sealed (Set of 3 containing Jowy (blue), Nash (green), and Riou (red). I have all 3.), Suikogaiden Volume 1 Sample Jacket (This seems to be a sample jacket of the Suikoden Gaiden Vol 1 game. The only thing I see different is the 3 black tabs with a word on it (maybe saying Sample in Japanese?) I marked them with red circles in photoshop to better illustrate.)

Third row: Suikogaiden Underlay New Sealed, Suikogaiden Post Card Set, Suikogaiden Volume 1 Book Case New Sealed (Released by Animate), Suikogaiden Nash and Zaji Postcard

First row: Suikogaiden Volume 1 Postcard Set (This set has 3 postcards inside. There is also a 3 postcard set for Suikogaiden Volume 2 but I don’t have it.), Suikoden Tierkreis Production Art (These were used by Konami of Japan while making Suikoden Tierkreis. They are 72 colour pages of Suikoden character art. These were actually used in the production of Tierkreis. Very cool!!), Suikoden Tierkreis Postcard Book Set

Second row: Suikoden Tierkreis Autographed Postcard Book Set (Same as the previously imaged one, except this one is Autographed. Received during a team interview at either the 2007 E3 or TGS. It is signed by producer Masayuki Saruta, sound director Hori Mino, and director Kometa Osamu.), Suikoden Encyclopedia New Sealed (I have 2 of these)

ImageImageImage
First row: Ahhh, my beloved Suikoden Pachislot!! I absolutely adore this thing. It isn't rare nor expensive (I loosely say that). It can be had for roughly 8000yen ($80US), but shipping is where it absolutely murders your wallet. I think I paid somewhere in the realm of $400 to have this beast shipped to me in Canada. This thing took me MONTHS to figure out how to work (it came with Japanese instructions, and alas, I don't speak Japanese). I finally got it to work, and omg it's amazing!! Mine is set up to play just like it would in authentic Japanese Pachislot parlors (not set to free-play, you need coins. I also bought 500 coins so me and some friends could play, haha).

Well that's all guys. Like I said there are maybe 10 - 20 items I have that aren't pictured in this thread. I'll try to get images of them eventually, but that will probably take some time.

If I had to chose some of my personal favourite items in my collection, it would probably be ANYTHING Suikoden 1 related. Although Suikoden II is my favourite game, artwork from Suikoden I just feeds the inner nostalgia in me. It's some of my most favourite art style of all time. Other things would be the Suikoden IV Artbook signed by Junko Kawano with the illustration of Lazlo (I really love that), the Suikoden II PC Chinese Version (mostly because that literally took me about 6 years to FIND the damn thing. I wasn't even positive it existed until then - it's so incredibly rare i've never seen it again and am not even totally sure if it came with a box or not). The Suikoden II Banner, my Sialeeds painted figure, the Ipod, and of course my Pachislot. Haha, I know that's a lot, but those are some of my most coveted items.

Also I just want to point out that Nanami on these forums also helped a lot in researching these items. She's an extraordinary collector too, as some of you may know. Without her help I probably wouldn't have known about some of these items.

Take care guys!
Nanami_chan

Re: whileheavenwepts UPDATED Collection - Warning Image Heav

Post by Nanami_chan »

HAHAHA omg Ive been waiting YEARS for watching this, mister Whileheavenwept!!!!!!!!!!!
I really really REALLY love your collection!
But saying youre missing just 20 stuff? mwahahahaha! even if its not totally updated I couldnt see a lot of card packages! also you're missing a lot of phone cards! and a good amount of books, and cds! And the other dollfies, and the korean big and normal edition... I guess you were talking about really rare stuff... but well, I dont think you have more than 80% here, dont get me wrong, thats GREAT! I think I just have around 60% so Im really jaleous! but you still have years ahead for improving your collection ^^ I miss beating you in the bids lol. I dont miss when you stole MY stuff though ; P
Nah, seriously, Im very happy to see you're still the best suikoden collector in the world : ) Im happy enough trying to be the 2nd one!
Oh, I love the pachinko *-* and Sialeeds looks amazing, I still have to paint mine : /
Arent you interested in selling the chinese suikoden I (the one with only the cd and booklet I mean)? I waaaaaant it!
whileheavenwept

Hola Nan-chan!! Hahaha, I knew you'd be the first to reply haha. I'm glad you like it!
I think you've already seen most of my collection though, maybe just a few items you didn't know I had but not much :(. Besides a few things here and there, I haven't bid on a lot of things the last 8 months or so. I had too many other priorities that prevented me from collecting, sadly :(. I'm sure in that time you've been getting a lot of things I don't have!! :x haha.

Oh about the 20 items I spoke about, my apologies I think I worded that confusingly. I didn't mean I need 20 more items to complete my Suikoden collection, you and I both know Suiko collecting never ends, hahaha. I meant that I have 20 or so items that aren't pictured yet. I already own them, I just didn't have the time to take photos, so there's still things in my collection you don't see pictured here :D.

About trading, sure!! I will trade the chinese 1 PC double for 1 Suikoden 1 Korean PC :D. Deal? hahaha.

What new items have you received in the last year or so? You probably have many new items that I still don't have :(. I'm curious!
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

What? No Suikoden or Suikoden II PAL releases to be seen? And you call yourself a collector... I am disappoint.

But damn you have so much I want that I can't find or when I do I can't afford it.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

This is a really great collection that makes me really jealous.

But I'm not sure on the German guide - I really don't think it's official. I see it a lot of times on ebay for high prices, and I don't think it's worth the money. It'd be the only German guide for any Suikoden game, and with the Comic Sans on the front cover... if you could scan some of the editorial pages, I can tell you if it's official or not.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

whats that, whileheavenwept? You want to donate all of this stuff to me? Why thank you, I appreciate it.
Nanami_chan

Post by Nanami_chan »

Ohh, sorry! I though you were just bragging too much hahaha! you didnt write it confusely, its just my english being as crap as always, lol.
Hahaha Im not going to trade my korean suikoden for pc because its sealed, rarer and I only have one. I would trade it happily if I had 2 of them!
C'mon, dont be greedy, you would feel much better if you sell it to me and then you can use this money to purchase new stuff! ^^
Well, I've been really purchasing "a lot" (like more than I used before), but not enough for beating you : / I still miss a lot of important stuff, like the ipod, etc...
The bad thing about my collection is Im not really interested in sealed stuff(ok, I rather sealed stuff, but Im fine with open but good condition items most of the time... also the seal sometimes just annoys me, since you can't open and see inside!! I know... Im an awful collector xD) and I'm not interested at all in keeping doubles... so my collection may looks very little "professional" xD
But well Im currently doing pics to every thing I have, I can show you if you want : 3 dont want to ruin the fun just saying it! I think there is one thing which maybe will surprise you (maybe not xD)
Anyway, congrats again for your collection : )
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

You actually obtained the actual Pachislot machine? Pure awesomeness.

I especially enjoy seeing how much merchandising the first Suikoden got before Suikoden II came into the picture.

By the way, nothing of Tsumuji?
whileheavenwept

@Raww Le Klueze Hahaha, I plan on getting those some day :D. I'm not entirely HUGE on getting all regions of the games. I do want to get my hands on a German release of Suikoden II though, since i've heard (through these forums if I remember correctly) that they actually fixed the Recipe bug in that one (or was it that they fixed the McDohl naming bug when bringing over a Suikoden I save? My memory's fuzzy on that one). That would be something cool to have.

@Antimatzist Oh thanks for the warning! In the ad it was advertised as official, but of course without much knowledge of it and german guides, it's hard for me to determine it's authenticity or not. I've nothing to compare it to. I don't have a scanner but could probably take some pictures of the inside pages and such to send them to you. That'd be awesome if you could clarify that. Cheers!

@sticky-runes What's that? You declined my offer? Well... alright then :D I only make that offer once! hahaha.

@Nan'_chan Haha your collection isn't less impressive because your stuff may not be sealed! I think there are 2 types of collectors, people who like things sealed and people who like to look and play with their items so prefer not to have sealed things. I try to get things sealed if I can to preserve it as it was in it's most original form, but a lot of times that's just not possible. Also, like you, it is a little annoying not to be able to open the things and look at all the beautiful artwork (in some cases). However, I do like my sealed things! But yeah, I don't think it's a matter of sealed being better than non-sealed, more just a preference :D. Your collection i'm sure will be so impressive, i'm scared to think you might even have more than me now!! :( hahaha. That Korean Suikoden PC version you have always gripes me :(. I can't believe I missed that! Have you had the chance to see the big boxed version of it yet? Remember your Suikoden II PAL Poster though? For years that griped me that it was the only one we'd ever seen and I didn't have it. I love that poster! But, after years and years of waiting, we finally saw it on eBay :D haha. That was so special! I hope just waiting will bring another Korean PC out of hiding as well :D
Also, yes please make a thread with your updated collection, with things pictured individually so I can see them perfectly and chose out what you have that I don't :D hahaha. That would be fun!

@patapi I had to have it :D haha. When they first announced it, I had 2 feelings, the first knowing that I absolutely some day had to own it, and the second being sadness, thinking that it would be difficult to find and put a huge dent in my wallet. When I saw the first one for auction, it had a price of somewhere over $1000 dollars, and that hadn't even included shipping yet :S. I had seen other pachislots before for auction from other franchises (most notably Resident Evil) and saw they went for very cheap, some even for $50 not including shipping. So, I bid my time and waited, hoping that Suikoden would also come down in price. Sure enough, I didn't even have to wait long (I guess that's not a good sign for our Franchise, however?) within about 2 months or so they came down so significantly in price. I snagged mine for $80 (again, not including shipping which turned out to be a staggering $400 or so to be shipped to me :( - however, I was expecting that, so it didn't bother me as much as I had already worked it into my budget). I see them all the time now for prices ranging from $60 - $120. They can be had easily if you're after one, you just gotta work shipping into your budget, haha.

The pachislot is really cool though. The pictures I took the screen and lights came up very blue, but in real life that's not the case. It's really gorgeous. You can also, with a flick of a couple settings, adjust the "probability of winning" rate. I'm going to set that on maximum (level 6) and sit down and try to beat this thing one day, haha. The only sad thing is upon beating it, I won't win any jackpots :( haha.

What's Tsumuji?? I haven't heard of this before you mentioned it. I googled it and it seems to be a DS game, but I can't find any relation to the Suiko universe? Does it have anything to do with the 108 stars of destiny?
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

All PAL versions fix the McDohl glitch and several others, there's nothing special about the German one except that in some parts it goes French.

Tsumuji is short for Genso Suikoden Tsumugareshi Hyakunen no Toki, a spin-off like Tierkreis for the PSP that doesn't connect to the real series but just uses the 108 Stars concept.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
whileheavenwept

Ahh that game, Forgive me, I know it by it's "The woven web of a century" title, even though it doesn't have an official english title. I actually do have that, it's one of the items not pictured. I ordered the limited edition when it was first announced, along with the encyclopedia, artbook, etc. I also have some promotional material based on that release that isn't pictured.

And really? That just made the UK PAL version more of a priority for me :D. I hadn't realized all the PAL versions fixed that glitch.
So the German version didn't fix the Recipe glitch then?

Edit: Wow, I just did a google search about the PAL versions fixing the bug and found this wiki: http://suikodenbugfixes.wikispaces.com/ ... and+Issues. First time seeing this for me and is pretty interesting. I hadn't realized the European versions of Suikoden II fixed so many bugs that were present in the NTSC-U version.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

No, the German version still has the recipe bug. But as Raww said, if you like a French Gregminster, you still should play it. :P

If you want to collect various game versions, the German Suikoden Tierkreis version is something special, as it features a different cover artwork than all other versions on the world.

I asked someone in my own German Suikoden board who owns the German guide and this is not an official release. The company that did this guide has made several others in the PSX era, all not official.
whileheavenwept

Thanks for confirming that, Antimatzist! Do you know any other details about that guide? Was it produced (unofficially) back when Suikoden was originally released in Europe? I wasn't checking German auctions everyday for Suikoden merch, but I still checked maybe a few times a month over years. It took many years before I saw that guide for auction, so I assumed it was rare, but it could be something a company newly produced for whatever reason? Regardless though, I still find it a cool item. There have been a few unofficial guides for Suikoden even in North America, and I still consider those collectible, they're nice additions.

Thanks for the tip about the German release of Tierkreis too! I actually already knew about this one and it's on my list of items I still need to get :D. I generally don't collect game variants unless they offer something new, like the German Tierkreis you mentioned and it's alternate artwork, or the UK release of Suikoden II I just added to my list because of all the bugs fixed.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

The guide was definitely produced back then, the company is out of business afaik. I don't know much about it, as I don't possess it. It is really expensive on ebay (and a bit rare) and I don't think it's worth my money (I just saw it again on ebay für 60€!). As far as I know, there has never been an official printed Suikoden Guide book in German.
TruRuneCollector

Re: whileheavenwepts UPDATED Collection - Warning Image Heavy!

Post by TruRuneCollector »

I Absolutely Loooove every single thing shown above!!!... lol :)
Great Collection, Heaven. Thanks for sharing...One day, I may post my collection on here.
(It's Nothing in comparison to yours, mind you...)

It Slowly Increases every Month or so with an occasional thing I find...
One day... Maybe It will be show-worthy... lol

I just bought the Genso Suikoden III Konami Style Premier Set and Genso Suikoden IV limited edition.

I Love This Series...Truly the Best Ever... I just wish they would make another one for Playstation...
I would buy a PS4 in a Heartbeat, just for it, but sadly, that will probably never happen... :(

Nostalgic Memories at it's Finest... Ahh... Can't hurt to Dream Though... :wink: