Suikoden I & II mangas (and posible project)

Ask about, or share details for, various Suikoden collectables; such as cards, soundtracks and publications.
Neclord X

Suikoden I & II mangas (and posible project)

Post by Neclord X »

Well...all you know

After the Suikoden III and Suikoden V (still in progress) manga adaptation, Suikoden I and II hagve now their own first manga volumes, which came out on sale at same time. This time, thats drawed by Yu Hijikata, who is experienced in this stuff, since she already did the same with Valkyrie Profile. Personally I rather Aki Shimizu's work, but even with that I cant wait to read it. I wish they sell that outside Japan, at least in english. The number of volumes is still unknown, when Ill have more info Ill updat it.

May be i could obtain scans when they release it, if that was the case...since this things usually never watch de light on occidental grounds...would be insteristing make a fan-translation.

So...in the case i get the scans...there are here someone who could make a good japanese--> english translation?

I make it clear, is not sure yet if i can get the scans, but if i get them...we can do it.

All the "edition" part will be on my hands. But...i still need the most important...translator.

Edited the topic to also function as a catch-all discussion of the manga series based on these two games -patapi
BadPotato

Re: Suikoden I & II mangas posible project

Post by BadPotato »

Neclord X wrote:So...in the case i get the scans...there are here someone who could make a good japanese--> english translation?
My best would be to contact ramsus-kun, since it already made few(all?) doujinshi translation about suikoden.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

or ask at http://something-or-other.webs.com/home2.htm . They made Scanlations of the BoF IV, FF XII, SO 3 mangas, so they're into RPGs which are adapted as mangas I think.
Night Shadow

Suikoden 1 and 2 Manga

Post by Night Shadow »

A funny little story for all of you. So I'm here in Japan for a one year scholarship to learn Japanese. I was quite bored 2 days ago, so I went on a small excursion. After getting extremely exhausted from walking to the city library, I decided to go into this small mall and hang around for a bit before going home. I was skimming through some manga, when for a second, I thought I saw Tir's face on the bind of one book...oh, yes, it was Tir alright....my eyes quickly went back to it, and there I saw the new suikoden 1 manga lying right in front of me. Next to it was suikoden 2. =) i had to buy it ASAP. I had no money at that time, so i went back yesterday and bought it. =) My japanese is still a bit rusty so i need to practice my kanji so i would be able to fully understand the stories. So far, ive skimmed through it, and the manga seems to be pretty good. Nice art work. Clean character designs...i was slightly shocked to see that Tir and Riou talk in the manga. =) if you guys would like, i could post some info about the manga. so far, from the back of my head, i can tell you they renamed riou into Tao, and they altered some scenes a bit for story purposes (ex. when riou and jowy go back to kyaro, they dont go through the whole mist monster scene, and they dont even meet the gypsies)....ill try to post pics of the manga later.

has anyone else bought this yet? impressions?
‎"...Or else, it is the dream that haunts you. You wait with the promise of the next dream...when the act of waiting is dependent on remembering."
patapi
Forum Moderator

Re: Suikoden 1 and 2 Manga

Post by patapi »

There's a topic on the same books right below this one:
http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewt ... 23&t=11644

Translators are being sought for in the topic too, so you may consider joining them if you have the time?
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

BTW, curiosity: they changed the names from the novels: Tir will be called Ryoi and Riou will be called Tao.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

That's just like them to officially endorse another set of names for our precious Heroes.

Guess the Prince should get the credits for starting this lovely multiple officially endorsed names trend.
Night Shadow

Post by Night Shadow »

^ gosh. silly old me didnt see that. :oops: sorry patapi.

and yes, it is quite funny they gave new names to the heroes. at first, i wasnt exactly sure who jowy/nanami was referring to when he said 'tao'. took me a few pages to realize it was riou. =)
‎"...Or else, it is the dream that haunts you. You wait with the promise of the next dream...when the act of waiting is dependent on remembering."
Night Shadow

Post by Night Shadow »

^ count me in on your project, neclord x. =) is there any way i can help with the scans? i have the first editions of part 1 and 2. ill try to start the translation once you say its ok. my kanji though is VERY limited. i can only understand a handful of basic ones. i have some japanese friends here though who i think can help me. i was scanning again yesterday....

:spoiler:

i really like how the end of suikoden 2 volume 1 ends with a flashback of how jowy and riou started their friendship. im enjoying the manga so far, and i find the pacing pretty well planned. its understandable they had to alter and remove some scenes you get from the game. at least the main context is still there. somehow, i miss pohl though. :lol: such a minor character, but hes quite the young hero as well...asking flik and viktor to save riou and jowy, protecting pilika, etc...which reminds me, i should check again later to see if jowys "do you want me carrots" line is still there. :P
patapi
Forum Moderator

Re: Suikoden I & II mangas (and posible project)

Post by patapi »

I merged the two topics, since there's hardly anyone discussing the subject anyhow.
(So please don't mind Night Shadow's double post above)

How's the quality of the Suikoden I's manga then?
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

Night Shadow wrote:^ count me in on your project, neclord x. =) is there any way i can help with the scans? i have the first editions of part 1 and 2. ill try to start the translation once you say its ok. my kanji though is VERY limited. i can only understand a handful of basic ones. i have some japanese friends here though who i think can help me. i was scanning again yesterday....

:spoiler:

i really like how the end of suikoden 2 volume 1 ends with a flashback of how jowy and riou started their friendship. im enjoying the manga so far, and i find the pacing pretty well planned. its understandable they had to alter and remove some scenes you get from the game. at least the main context is still there. somehow, i miss pohl though. :lol: such a minor character, but hes quite the young hero as well...asking flik and viktor to save riou and jowy, protecting pilika, etc...which reminds me, i should check again later to see if jowys "do you want me carrots" line is still there. :P
Sorry for the late answer, my HD died (again) XDDD

I have someone in the duty of scan the mangas, it would be best if you could concentrate yout efforts to translate them with your friends help.

BTW, the manga cuality is quite high, lot more than expected.

Each volume have 164 pages and they cover to "battle with queen ant" in S1 manga and to "Toto destruction" for S2.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

Sorry for the double post, but if someone wants a preview from the manga quality

I get the scans for the SI...im cleanning it right now.

The quality is quite high, here an example. However, bishonen content is like 300% more than expected.

http://i733.photobucket.com/albums/ww33 ... nga/02.jpg
http://i733.photobucket.com/albums/ww33 ... ga/02b.jpg
http://i733.photobucket.com/albums/ww33 ... ga/08a.jpg
http://i733.photobucket.com/albums/ww33 ... ga/08b.jpg
http://i733.photobucket.com/albums/ww33 ... nga/48.jpg

Smiling Leknaat is HOT.

http://i733.photobucket.com/albums/ww33 ... ga/48b.jpg
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

News, since i don't have news about Ns...i must continue in seaching translators.

I contacted with Ramsus and he looks interested in translate the Suikoden I mangas, so if all goes well, he will translate the Suikoden I manga. However, since he has some other projects i don't know how much time this could take.

But in beginning, we have translator at least for SI manga.

I have a present for you.

Suikoden I and II mangas vol 1, at the moment only in japanese of course, but i know some people would like to check them even in jap also...you didn't need to much japanese to know what they are saying Right?

http://www.mediafire.com/?zm2wjjzzjgt
http://www.mediafire.com/?gjgndnzdgmj

BTW, Die Pig! scene is AWWWWWWWESOME
Iesous

Post by Iesous »

That second picture, the color one of the McDohl servants, makes Gremio look waaaaaay cooler than he did in the game. It might have been his wimpy dialog, but he looks a lot tougher in that picture than I had ever thought before.
Diaz Flamberge

Post by Diaz Flamberge »

actually I'm doing suikoden II (using Neclord X's raw)and V manga translation. If you guys interesting in helping me finishing the translation, just visit me in Destiny Project
As you know the Suikoden II manga has reach part 3, just visit if you want to read