Publications - Novels and Comics

Ask about, or share details for, various Suikoden collectables; such as cards, soundtracks and publications.
Dura Sinai

Post by Dura Sinai »

fragment wrote:There will be a volume 11 coming out sometime in the near future. This [you]is[/you] the final volume since v. 10 *spoiler* ended with a battle between geddoe and yuber.
Well more like volume 11 will be the end because at the end of volume 10 it states that it is the conclusion. The fight is just one section of the manga. And actually the very end starts a situation with Chris.

And the English release does not give a date past 10 because they don't list past what is known to be released. Particularly because it was over half a year between volumes 9 and 10, who knows when the 11th volume will actually be released in Japan. Then add in the time and effort to translate and reprint the book and it is very uncertain when a new volume will be released.
Aisling

Please follow this thread

Post by Aisling »

Hello everybody.

While visiting the TokyoPop site a while ago, I found a thread on the Suikoden novels, where the TP novels editor says that a translation of the novels MAY be considered but they think that there is not enough people that would buy them to make it worth the costs.

I left a little message there. What about visiting, and saying how happy we would all be if the novels were to be translated and published in English?

http://messageboard.tokyopop.com/forums ... #post49037

(Hope I´m not doing anything illegal by putting this link here.)

Please excuse any English mistakes.

Added on editing:

The editor only took a few minutes to reply to my message, and she sounded so nice! :D

Hope there's hope, guys.
"De todos los deleites ninguno trae mayor alegría que la amistad, y lo más gozoso de la amistad es disfrutar de una tranquila conversación entre amigos".

A la orilla del agua (Shui Hu Zhuan)
Mikalakatov

Post by Mikalakatov »

I already know about that topic, I'm the one that created it ~~;;; if you can note my well made avatar, or so in my opinion. But yeah, I know, I read the responses ^^;
Aisling

Post by Aisling »

Mikalakatov wrote:I already know about that topic, I'm the one that created it ~~;;; if you can note my well made avatar, or so in my opinion. But yeah, I know, I read the responses ^^;
Heh, heh, heh... yes, I sort of guessed someone from Suikosource must have created the topic... and your avatar is really nice! :wink:

Anyway, thank you for creating that thread in TokyoPop... I wanted to do that a couple of months ago or so, when the TP forums were first opened, but to be honest I didn't know where to start or what to say...

Great idea! :D
"De todos los deleites ninguno trae mayor alegría que la amistad, y lo más gozoso de la amistad es disfrutar de una tranquila conversación entre amigos".

A la orilla del agua (Shui Hu Zhuan)
Mikalakatov

Post by Mikalakatov »

Thanks, and I did it because I was wondering if they would, since they are publishing novels now and they did do the Suikoden III manga.
SkooBoi

Post by SkooBoi »

Hey just a check-up, the latest Suikoden III manga ends at Vol. 9 correct? And also thanks to Ashton_Anchors for his efforts on bringing presuading T-P to bring over the rest of the Suikoden Manga.
Dura Sinai

Post by Dura Sinai »

http://www.mediafactory.co.jp/cgi-bin/d ... gi?id=6688

Looks like volume 11 and final is just out in Japan right now. I must say that I really do like the Leknaat art on the cover of this one.

great, now I have something else I need to hunt down and order.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Leknaat on the final cover? Nice touch.

I'' look forward to see how this all ends.
Basel

Post by Basel »

"The real issue is not TALENT as an independent element, but talent in relationship to WILL, DESIRE, AND PERSISTENCE. Talent without these things VANISHES and even modest talent with those characteristics GROWS..." -Milton Glaser
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

It's a Comic Anthology? Sounds like it may be more similar to Alliance, Brunch and Caravelle of old; instead of a proper manga adaptation.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

The 10th will come out in September.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Jowy Atreides wrote:Suikoden III Volume 10 comes out in September, according to this.
First of all :
Hugo comes face to face with Luke at last!

Is this based on the Game?
Hugo is torn by a sacred relic slowly devouring his soul--he is snatched away by the Harmonian
I've never seen this... unless they mean the True Rune Crystal that Luc uses.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

The manga has a slightly altered plot.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

That 'sacred relic' is the True Fire Rune.
Dura Sinai

Post by Dura Sinai »

Basel wrote:Could this be the official Suikoden V manga?
幻想水滸伝V アンソロジーコミック ブロスコミックスEX
Nice, no details on the product (Americans are spoiled this way and have no idea how lucky they are) but yep it seems like it is a comic anthology. Not sure what to make on it. I typically wait until some of the sites that actually specialize on import books get such things to reduce the price.