Publications - Novels and Comics

Ask about, or share details for, various Suikoden collectables; such as cards, soundtracks and publications.
whileheavenwept

Re: Publications - Novels and Comics

Post by whileheavenwept »

patapi wrote:I'm able to identify each of the books, but there's one that I'm not familiar with, so hopefully someone here can help.
Although i'm not exactly sure what book that is, I can tell you its absolutely incredibly rare. I watch suikoden auctions all the time and i've only ever seen that for sale one time. I bid on it but it ended up selling for a crazy amount of something like over 100, 000yen. To this day i'm still wondering what's inside it. In fact this is only the second time ever i've seen it pictured.

Here is a picture of the first time I saw it
Pic 1
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

100,000 yen means that it sold for around USD 1,000? That's just plain insane, for a derivative work based on a game that is sold at only 5% of that.

Thanks for confirming what the book is though. Any shots of the contents? Is it a comic book, or something more exclusive?
whileheavenwept

Post by whileheavenwept »

whileheavenwept wrote:100,000 yen means that it sold for around USD 1,000? That's just plain insane
HAHA sorry, that was my bad. Japanese yen still confuses me sometimes. I actually meant to say 10,000yen, around $100 US.
As to the contents inside, sorry but I know nothing. I've been looking for it ever since but with no luck. It really is quite rare. I would say it was about a year and a half ago I saw it for sale and that was the only picture the auction gave. I can't remember what the description said, but it was in Japanese and google translation was useless.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

So it seems like Mizuki Tsuge's Suikoden V manga is currently being translated and published in French.

http://www.kaze-manga.fr/index.php?page ... t&Itemid=5#

From the looks of things, it seems like this company is sticking to the game's name translations rather than making up new ones like the team who did Suikoden III in French.
Formerly known as: Gothann
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Does that mean they may translate into English? How big is Suikoden in Frnace?
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Anyone knows what has happened to the adaptations of Suikoden, Suikoden II and Suikoden V? I expected them to go all the way to the end of the respective stories like Suikoden III's serialisation, but it seems all three have been put on hiatus indefinitely?
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

There doesn't seem to be any news at all, but I'm not even sure if the service even still exists, they haven't updated the news section since march 2010 aside from plugging a charity event regarding the earthquake in April.

The author's homepage hasn't been updated since June 2010 either, ironically to let people know that Suikoden is a weekly series out every friday...
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Strange. Maybe we should enquire with the relevant companies about this? Also, what is the exact status with Tokyopop these days? I heard they went defunct in the states but the publishers in Germany are still open. What does this mean? Are they still publishing new manga, or not? Because I'd like to ask for the rest of the Suikoden novels to get translated