Publications - Novels and Comics

Ask about, or share details for, various Suikoden collectables; such as cards, soundtracks and publications.
Gau

Post by Gau »

Does anyone know when the final volume (7) is going to be released?

I have 1 & 2, and i want to order the rest online,but i want to wait until 7 comes out so i don't have to do more than one order.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

The 7th does not have a release date.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

In addition, the 7th volume is not the final volume. The 8th volume just came out in Japan and that's not even the last one. It might last up to around 10-11, or more.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Cool.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
Gau

Post by Gau »

Oh, ok. I mistakenly thought that it was the final volume because of something i saw on TokyoPop's site that i misconstrued.
Viki the Elder

Post by Viki the Elder »

Well, Vol. 5 more or less lines up with the end of Chapter 3, what with Hugo assuming True Fire. Even with the tweaking of the game's plot here and there, at that rate I think it could easily go another five volumes--and Aki Shimizu does say in the afterword that the total number of volumes is uncertain at this point.

I just wish they'd come out faster. The first few came out every two months like clockwork, and then...I spent the last five months obsessively checking the inventory computer at work to see when they'd be shipped. :?
HowlingGuild

Post by HowlingGuild »

It's pretty consistently every 2 months as far as I know. I just got the proof of vol.... 6 I think it is. And my revisions/suggestions are due by next week when it goes out to print.
Dura Sinai

Post by Dura Sinai »

Jowy Atreides wrote:Now that's definitely interesting. Does anybody know how far into the plot the 7th volume went? If there's gonna be so many volumes they might just be extending the plot of S3 a little.

I am going to warn right now that there are spoilers to the 7th volume of the manga. While this stuff happens in the game.

The major occurences:

7th volume has Chris return to Zexen and her knights. She has True Water at this point. The return scene with her knights is pretty priceless.

The grassland battle against harmonia concludes at long last.

Luc and Sasarai have a scene I have yet to be able to comprehend fully but results in true earth being stolen. It's rather different from what we see in the game.

Basically it's the lead-in for the various factions to gather at budehuc. Supposedly volume 8 focuses on Budehuc and Thomas's crew but I haven't gotten it yet.

Where does this take us in the manga? It detracts a bit from the game at this point. As I stated everyone is going to start coming together at this point but considering that only one of the true runes has been stolen at this point indicates there is still a ways to go.
Kitphiroth

Where to buy non- suikoden 3 comics?

Post by Kitphiroth »

Like the oen sin japanese? Where would you buy those, I see alot of posts ABOUT them..but not where to buy?
Dura Sinai

Post by Dura Sinai »

I get mine at anime conventions that often have japanese manga dealers.

However it really is something I only suggest if you know at least some Japanese. The Suikoden manga are a bit of a difficult read for beginners. I am still going through one scene in book 7 simply because I struggle with kanji.

If you want to start with Japanese manga I recommend looking at some of the manga targeted for younger audiences. Such as those appearing in magazines such as Shonen Jump (boys manga) or Hana to Yume (girls). Most of the time kanji also has the hiragana spelling which makes it simpler to look up vocabulary in a dictionary. Even then it is quite the task but if you know some basic vocabulary and grammar it is not a bad way to pick up bits of vocabulary.
Kitphiroth

Post by Kitphiroth »

I don't even bother reading the Kanji I just like to look at them ;o
Aisling

Suikoden Novels

Post by Aisling »

Uh... hello everybody, this is my first post here and I´m kind of nervous...

It was a very big surprise when I found the first three Suikoden III manga by Tokyopop in a major comics store in Mexico City (the day before I had found the Suikoden II and Suikogaiden I soundtracks in a tiny imports store, so I took it as a sign, heh, heh.)

I really enjoyed the first graphic novels and have been ordering them, so far up to number 5, online.

A couple of months ago I visited the TokyoPop site for the first time in years (I got to know them when they would only carry Japanese imports and didn´t do any translations or publishing) and I saw that, among their products, they have translations of the Slayers novels and some other BOOKS, not only manga. So I decided to write them a polite little letter to suggest them to publish the Suikoden novels. I never got an answer, so I supposed it didn´t do any good, but... oh, dare to dream.

I´ve been in and out of this Suikosource site for some years now, and I remember there was a petition for translation of the novels (I sort of remember I signed it, too), the Suikogaiden games and other stuff that was to be send to Konami USA. Do you know what happened at the end?
Was it ever answered?

Sorry about any English mistakes,

Aisling
"De todos los deleites ninguno trae mayor alegría que la amistad, y lo más gozoso de la amistad es disfrutar de una tranquila conversación entre amigos".

A la orilla del agua (Shui Hu Zhuan)
kuroinekokun

Post by kuroinekokun »

Singapore only has Book 1-5 available in Absolute Comics and Books Kinokuniya in English. Can anybody confirm if they will release 6? Or has 6 been released in America and the UK?
Sid: He he he...
Riou: ??
Sid: Hoo Hoo Hoo HAHAHAHA!
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Tokyopop's Volume 6 is supposed to come out early next month.
Kitphiroth

Post by Kitphiroth »

Dura Sinai wrote:I get mine at anime conventions that often have japanese manga dealers.
Last edited by Kitphiroth on Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.