Publications - Novels and Comics

Ask about, or share details for, various Suikoden collectables; such as cards, soundtracks and publications.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

about the suiko 3 novels, how many have been released in america and do we know how many more until the final 1? or are they finally finished?

all that have been released in america are english right?

I posted a simmilar question in another thread, I didnt see this thread until now so I apologize
Kitphiroth

I hate to ask again...

Post by Kitphiroth »

But the books that are NOT Suikoden 3, where would one purchase the others/?I found a place that Sells the one called ' Brunch '
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Son Michael, the Suikoden III manga (not novels) are available in English and should be available up to Volume 7 in July. The translation is still in progress (a new book comes out every 2-3 months), and the final volume is supposedly a Volume 10.

Kitphiroth, the three manga pertaining Suikoden I/II are not available in English, but you should be able to get them from import stores. The best place I know to get them is amazon.co.jp. Lookup their ISBN numbers there, which are available in HowlingVoice's list on the first page of this topic. (The three manga are Alliance, Brunch and Caravelle). Keep in mind that they are nothing like the Suikoden III manga. There are more like collections of light-hearted one-off comic strip(s) using characters from the earlier games.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

thank you for that info patapi

is it still possible to find the suikoden 3 manga in bookstores?

or should I just try to find everything online?
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

I'm not sure about your location, but I've gotten a few of the earlier volumes from a local bookshop (they don't stock it anymore). You might be lucky and find them at yours.

Else, online shopping shouldn't be much of a problem. Sometimes you can get a better deal out here, too.
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

Any reason why it takes 2-3 months for an issue to be released here? I'm sure it does not take 2-3 months of paid full-time translators(and maybe editors) to localize each issue. There must be something else behind the scenes that takes it so long to be put out on the market.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

I unfortunately can't give confirmed answers for that.

If I'm not mistaken, the Japanese volumes are coming out at a similar frequency, so they're keeping up with that. With no confirmed deadline set (it was expected to have only 7 volumes originally, now even a 10-volume deadline seems dodgy), they might end up running out of volumes to issue out if the production run is done at a faster speed than those in Japan.

Or, it's just Tokyopop's production policy to have one volume per 2-3 months. It's not translation burden per se, but careful planning of release dates is quite critical to the business as a whole, I'd imagine. A handful of their other manga series are also released at a similar frequency as well.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Aki Shimizu is too busy.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kasumi

Post by Kasumi »

Sorry if this has already been mentionned, but which exactly are the existing comics in english language ? Especially those related to the videogame Suikoden I.

I am able to read english so I'll enjoy them. Furthermore, I know french team-subs that would be glad to translate them for sure.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

This is the only book available in English.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
snowydust

Post by snowydust »

can i know which volume does this comics stop at the moment? i know that there seems to be a chinese version vol 8 in singapore.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

vol 8 will be available in november in english, we dont know how many they are going to make
snowydust

Post by snowydust »

guess i just wait for all the series to come out before i buy, hate the wait...^^
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Which 1 is the last?
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Razakin

Post by Razakin »

Jowy Atreides wrote:What's up with the Suikoden III manga? Does Volume 8 clear everything up and conclude the series, or has the 9th volume been delayed or something?
Probably the 9th volume is the last one. Atleast there hasn't be new volumes in Japan for a while. 9th volume was released in there March 23rd according to Amazon Japan.

And looking at the Tokyopop's release date history, the english version of the ninth volume will be released on January.