Publications - Genso Shinsyo

Ask about, or share details for, various Suikoden collectables; such as cards, soundtracks and publications.
Futagi

Post by Futagi »

Tried doing that. I think the Japanese Amazon was confused. In any case, after wandering through the Japanese books section, going through every category till I found video games, then going to RPGs and then fiinding Suikoden's kanji, I eventually found the correct page. Though they only have volumes 4, 10, 11, 14 and 15 it appears.
Hello Suikoden-type people:D
silentstephi

Post by silentstephi »

This may sound kind of silly, but what is Shinsyo?

Plus, I couldn't find any of those titles, ISBN or no, any where on Ebay, or eve through http://www.addall.com (this place is great for books, I got the entire white wolf Changeling set through this method ^.^)

Help :?:
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

~Adam Savage

http://www.silentstephi.com

Come Watch
Futagi

Post by Futagi »

I already looked on ebay; they aren't there. After getting lost on the Japanese Amazon site for a time, I finally found the light and found the Shisyo^_^ Then I began looking for pretty much every Japanese item I could find that I could never get in the U.S. Futagi has a nice full shopping cart now. She is very happy. Now, does anyone know how to convert yen prices to dollars? Or will the site take care of that for you?
Lord Tsubaki

Post by Lord Tsubaki »

silentstephi wrote:This may sound kind of silly, but what is Shinsyo?
Read the first line of the first post in this thread. ^__^
"heehee! a fish, a fish, I wish to catch a fish." - a kid from Kuskus
silentstephi

Post by silentstephi »

*tear*

Right, sorry!
Ask a stupid ? and ye shall receive!... the obvious answer O.o
>.<
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

~Adam Savage

http://www.silentstephi.com

Come Watch
Futagi

Post by Futagi »

I was just curious if anyone knew if the Japanese Amazon site will convert yen into dollars for you or how it works? And how do you send them the money? Will they be able to accept money orders from the U.S.?
Genso

Post by Genso »

They accept credit cards. The currency gets automaticall converted when it is charged. No, they do not accept money orders.

Read the english help section if you are having difficulty.

If you are not able to figure it out, I suggest you to just wait for an ebay auction.
Futagi

Post by Futagi »

Thank you. This info shall be most useful^_^
mergle

Post by mergle »

My understanding is that fans send in questions, and Konami chooses some of them to answer in each volume. Does anyone know the address (snail-mail or e-mail) where one can send in these questions? Or am I misunderstanding how they get the questions?

(I thought it might be interesting to send in a question, although I don't have high hopes of them answering it.)
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

It seems that the Shinshos have been canceled. It's been a while since the last one, and the last issue didn't say when the next one woudl come out (previous ones always had info about the next issue).
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

Now, does anyone know how to convert yen prices to dollars?
Just in case you can't convert the money straight away:

http://www.xe.com/ucc/

Just type it in here and you're set.

As for massive English publications....you have to think about it from Konami's or any investors point of view. Sure most of us on this site would buy the magazine or 1 foot suikoden encyclopedia as well as some more people that like the game, but it isn't exactlly the biggest market hence it wouldn't generate as much profit. Would be a good idea and I'd buy it in an instant......but I'ma go ahead and learn Japanese anyways.
Tanx to Star of Destiny for making my av!!! 8^p
Akira

Post by Akira »

Thats what I want to do, buy everything I can suikoden and then learn japanese so I read them.
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

WHAT? They were cancelled? Damn, I always looked forward to the new information that came out about the characters and games.

This isn't looking good for Suikoden, coupled with the awful Suikoden 4.

EDIT: O my god, SARS posted that over 2 months ago. I am so behind.

*weeps*

^_^()
Purr.
Akira

Post by Akira »

S4 wasn't awful. I thought it was a good game, too short but a good game.
Aisling

Genso Shinshyo

Post by Aisling »

Hello everybody.

I got my Shinshyos a while ago from the following site:

http://www.animebooks.com

They have only a few issues, tough. A little expensive, but they´re worth it, even if you don´t know Japanese, since the art is beautiful and some things (like the cooking section) can be understood without the words.

They have the first Suikoden novels too, but I was sort of scared of ordering them... I don´t want to be frustrated to death.

Do you know of any other places, outside of Japan or in the United States, where Shinshyos can be ordered? I tried Amazon Japan, but just couldn´t find my way through it... :?

Thank you.
"De todos los deleites ninguno trae mayor alegría que la amistad, y lo más gozoso de la amistad es disfrutar de una tranquila conversación entre amigos".

A la orilla del agua (Shui Hu Zhuan)