Publications - Materials and Art Books

Ask about, or share details for, various Suikoden collectables; such as cards, soundtracks and publications.
Lo Wen Stalker

Post by Lo Wen Stalker »

Someone else also told me that it's from the LE book. However, I bought the small artbook from the JP limited set and it's just like the one that was released in the US, a small DVD size book with about half the characters, just in Japanese. Is there a LIMITED limited edition that I'm missing, and if so, can I get a cover scan or something so I know what to look for?
Basel

Post by Basel »

Lo Wen Stalker wrote:However, I bought the small artbook from the JP limited set and it's just like the one that was released in the US, a small DVD size book with about half the characters, just in Japanese.
What JP limited set are you talking about? There is not a Japanese mini-artbook.

The last image in your post is from the ONLY Limited Edition set that was released in Japan.
Also, would you please remove the images and add links to them instead? Posting images is against the rules of Suikosource.
"The real issue is not TALENT as an independent element, but talent in relationship to WILL, DESIRE, AND PERSISTENCE. Talent without these things VANISHES and even modest talent with those characteristics GROWS..." -Milton Glaser
Lo Wen Stalker

Post by Lo Wen Stalker »

Maybe the one I got is simply from a "first edition" just like the US one then? I don't have it with me at the moment though, so I can't make scans.
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

This topic has been dead for quite some time. Nevertheless, I am actually interesting in collecting suikoden books and what not. My current collection is very small, so I was wondering if anyone knows where to get artbooks, novels and the suikoden dictionary/encyclopedia at? I've tried amazon japan, but it is slightly confusing and most of the stuff is only for auctioning. And some of the sites I've visited are usually out of stock of the items, with the exception of otaku.com but that doesn't have everything.

Thanks for your time =)
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
Nanashi

Post by Nanashi »

Try yes-asia, that's where i get all of my suikoden books via proxy buyer from the US
Quing

Post by Quing »

Just wondering: Is the Suikoden Dictionary mentioned in the beginning of this topic the same as the Suikoden Encyclopedia mentioned elsewhere in this site? Thanks.
Nanashi

Post by Nanashi »

Correct. They're the same book but differ only in translations due to posters prefernce words of choice.
fabiomsilva

Post by fabiomsilva »

so, the 108 Character guide has good illustrations/concept sketches or not? I've ordered it from amazon, but i'm still in time to cancel it. I wanted one that had concept art /sketches like the one from the limited edition (pre-orders), that explains the whole design of each character.

anybody has the 108 character guide to feedback me on this?
Nanashi

Post by Nanashi »

in II and V 108 Star Of Destiny Character Guide Artybook I can safely say it has what your looking for but in the first one. I can't say since I don't have it yet ^_^
Quing

Re: Publications - Materials and Art Books

Post by Quing »

In answer to your question, fabiomsilva, the art in the book is mostly just the character art that you can see when you access the characters' entries under the characters section of this site. There are a couple of pretty pictures aside from that, but its mostly just one picture per character.

On a slightly different note, what's the deal with the Suikoden III High Speed World Guide? The post at the beginning doesn't have a description and doesn't have an ISBN. Anyone know any details?
Quing

Post by Quing »

A question: There appear to be 108 character guides for suikodens 1, 2, and 5. Are there equivalent guides for the other games?
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

You mean like this and this?
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

Chris_Lightfellow wrote:You mean like this and this?
Actually, I'm sure Quing was referring to the print guidebooks released only in Japan.

I don't know the answer, though.
Basel

Post by Basel »

There is one for III but not for IV.
"The real issue is not TALENT as an independent element, but talent in relationship to WILL, DESIRE, AND PERSISTENCE. Talent without these things VANISHES and even modest talent with those characteristics GROWS..." -Milton Glaser
Quing

Post by Quing »

Thanks, Basel. What's the ISBN of the one for III?