Publications - Materials and Art Books

Ask about, or share details for, various Suikoden collectables; such as cards, soundtracks and publications.
Genso

Post by Genso »

The book that contained the heights of the characters came from a book that was released most recently. It's quite similar to the other art books and definitely different than the character guide book that was initially out around when the game was out.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASI ... 65-3417137 is the one I'm referring to.

Oh, and other than ebay you can get these books through amazon.co.jp. They ship internationally.
Camus

Post by Camus »

Genso Suikoden III The Complete Guide [02/09/14]
Publisher: Mediaworks 1600yen
ISBN4-840-21937-0

I just received this one recently. u_u Nothing new in it. At the end of the book there's some information on previous Suikoden games, which is nice though.
Which is the book that has different character designs? I remember seeing a page (of the book) online that had alternate designs for Luc, Sarah and Yuber. Is that the one with the Flame Champion on the cover?
Genso

Post by Genso »

The artbook that I have linked above contains different drafts of various characters. I don't remember all the characters who had varopis preliminary sketches, but I do remember seeing Yuber's. (There was one memborable one with his wearing his armor, so I remember) I can't quite recall if they had Luc's or Sarah's.

I don't personally own the book with the Flame Champion on the cover, so I can't say exactly if that book doesn't contain the stuff you want.
Camus

Post by Camus »

Yeah, the page I saw had Yuber in his S1/2 armor. I'll dig it up and post the page later. Which book are you talking about?

http://i.domaindlx.com/temari/destroyers.jpg
There. Actually, I think someone from one of the Suikoden boards scanned it, but I forgot.
Aisling

S4 Artbook ISBN

Post by Aisling »

sereith wrote:I heard there is an artbook for S4. Does anyone have a scan or the ISBN no. for it? I saw it on ebay though
Hello everyone. Hello, Sereith.

I got the S4 Arbook just by chance. A friend of mine who recently traveled to the United States bought it there (in NY, I think) for me. I had no idea it even existed!

The ISBN is 0-7440-0524-8.

The book is very pretty, but most of the character artwork there is the same that can be found in the guide. The designs and sketches for the places, the ships, and the monsters, tough, make it worth the while, as well as a snapshot-like illustration of the Hero, toghether with Tal, Paula, Keneth and Jewel, made in color pencil (I think, again; there is not much I know about art techniques).

Could anyone please tell me a little bit more about this book? How is it that it was not sold in bookstores (not my regular bookstores where I order online, at least) and why is it marked "not for resale" in the back cover? Was it a special item or something?
Last edited by Aisling on Wed May 11, 2005 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"De todos los deleites ninguno trae mayor alegría que la amistad, y lo más gozoso de la amistad es disfrutar de una tranquila conversación entre amigos".

A la orilla del agua (Shui Hu Zhuan)
Arenegeth

Re: S4 Artbook ISBN

Post by Arenegeth »

It was given as a gift if you preordered Suikoden IV from EB or Gamestop (don't remember which one or perhaps both).

I have the Japanese version of this art book and now I'm looking for the US version (the one you have).
Tell me, is there a manga (comic) somewhere in that Art Book that shows the hero looking up the skirt of a statue of Rita and then being chased by the real Rita with her hammer.
”I am ye who walks his own path and thus I walk alone”
~Arenegeth~
Aisling

Re: S4 Artbook ISBN

Post by Aisling »

Arenegeth wrote: Tell me, is there a manga (comic) somewhere in that Art Book that shows the hero looking up the skirt of a statue of Rita and then being chased by the real Rita with her hammer.
Hello, Arenegeth. Thank you for the info.

No, the US version I own has no manga... only the character illustrations and designs. That is a shame, since we don't get to see a lot of Suikoden-related fun stuff in this side of the world. The book doesn't include a lot of text, either... only the characters names, the publication data and that's it...the notes for the designs are in Japanese. I guess that Bradygames people were a little lazy or in a hurry. What are the contents of the Japanese version that you have?

By the way, I wouldn't mind having more Suikoden material translated to English... or to Spanish, for that matter. Oh, I know... dare to dream, again.
"De todos los deleites ninguno trae mayor alegría que la amistad, y lo más gozoso de la amistad es disfrutar de una tranquila conversación entre amigos".

A la orilla del agua (Shui Hu Zhuan)
Arenegeth

Post by Arenegeth »

It has the things you mentioned and the manga, some story boards, concept design for the monsters and some characters, a score sheet for the music of Suikoden IV.
Maybe a few more things that I forget, but I knew they butchered the US version, I just wanted to make sure.

The Japanese version is getting rare now and expensive, but it’s worth it.
The Japanese Art Book came with a Limited version of the game released only in Japan, there was a keychain included as well.

I don't think any version of any art book will get more translations west side, I don't blame Konami for this, this sort of books wouldn't sell that much over here, I guess we have to get the Japanese versions if we like to have the coolest things Suikoden.
~Arenegeth~
Eniosus

Post by Eniosus »

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had an idea of where I can find the "Genso Suikoden II 108 stars" artbook. the only place I've seen it online is at http://www.animebooks.com/gensuikii108.html but they seem to be out of stock. I'm really interested in adding this book to my collection and would gladly appreciate any help given. Thanks in advance.
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

http://www.otaku.com or http://www.otaku.co.uk should have them in stock - I just bought the first one off the site a few weeks back.
Last edited by Fliktor on Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Whats your opinion on censorship? ... **** censorship!
[King Fliktor] [Axiose, my Dæmon]
Eniosus

Post by Eniosus »

Hey thanks a lot Fliktor, unfortunately I found a good number of Suikoden books except for the "Genso Suikoden II 108 stars" wich is the one I'm really look for. but I appreciate your help, that site seems to be pretty sweet in general.
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

Well isn't that weird. All the books used to be on that site, though it's funny that there's more Suikoden material available on the UK site.

I did find my copy months ago on eBay - and I saw it again only a week ago, though it's probably been bought by now. Keep checking back on eBay as you should be able to get it eventually.

I'm actually looking for the Suikoden III book myself, as I cannot find it anywhere and foolishly missed it when I saw it on eBay. That I can't (and don't even know if it's possible for me) use the Amazon.jp website.
Whats your opinion on censorship? ... **** censorship!
[King Fliktor] [Axiose, my Dæmon]
Eniosus

Post by Eniosus »

Oh bro, I just got mine 2 days ago from here http://www.animebooks.com/gensosuikoden.html

Don't know if this is the one you're looking for http://www.animebooks.com/gesuiiichgu.html
Arenegeth

Post by Arenegeth »

Fliktor wrote: I'm actually looking for the Suikoden III book myself, as I cannot find it anywhere and foolishly missed it when I saw it on eBay. That I can't (and don't even know if it's possible for me) use the Amazon.jp website.
You can, it even has an option to change some things to English, now from there on it depends on the item, now that you reminded me I will give it a look I want that Silent Hill DVD's...

Keep in mind that I know that from Americans that have shopped from there, so I'm guessing England too and the rest of the world...

EDIT:
Lol man I just ordered the DVD I was talking about, so you can use the site alright, if the other link given doesn't help you go there is nothing hard sigh up and the rest will be visible on screen...
~Arenegeth~
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Amazon.co.jp ships to anywhere in the world. Even if you can't read much Japanese, you can use the English interface (which works exactly like Amazon.co.uk or other Amazon sites). The only thing you need to look up the book is its ISBN code. The Japanese title of the books work too.

I use them all the time. They are more convenient than most NA-based import sites that don't show the shipping costs up front.