Harmonia is not as powerful as well all believe

Hypothesis for, and analyses of, the various locations and backstory of the Suikoden world.
Vermillion.Twilight

Re: Harmonia is not as powerful as well all believe

Post by Vermillion.Twilight »

Harmonia is the strongest country, has the largest army this is common knowlege.
However no country no matter how powerfull can control the true runes...they always fail.

Even Falena, a country built on the power of a rune failed to control it in the end.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
Gen. Dirge

Post by Gen. Dirge »

I say Harmonia will eventually become more desperate as the years eagerly pass by. More wars may be fought; more of the True Runes in their possession will be in jeopardy of falling into another Tenkai's hands (to Harmonia, that is a threat), perhaps they will even intervene in conflicts in countries that are even on the other side of the world. I'd like to see what desperate measures they would take and the price they have to pay for it.....

Perhaps they would fight more fiercely for the possession of another True Rune........what're ya gonna do, huh, High Priest Sasarai...?
"I wish that days like this could just go on forever....." -Snowe Vingerhut

http://www.kian-sama.deviantart.com | http://saintdouchebag.tumblr.com/
Hey babycakes ;D
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

This is a very interesting topic. I myself go an idea of Harmonia as the Roman Empire, it had many rebellions, drawbacks and was the strongest Empire for long in South Europe stretching pretty far. But It like other mighty Empires fell.

We could t alk about Mongols but they where not as organized. Maybe Alexander the great?

His Empire stretched enormously far. When he died It started to collapse? Hikuusak anyone?
In the final battle, Harmonian troops are being stretched thin. While trying to defend their borders, they are also dealing with an assault by now rather large sized Rebellion Army which is invading Crystal Valley. If that was not bad enough, they have to deal with the arial assault from the dragon knights. Meanwhile other true rune bearers who are heading to Harmonia would likely run into Harmonian troops along the way and wipe out any troops that tries to stop them.

The real question though is, which side will Yuber, Wendy and Barbarossa be fighting on and will who's side will the Leader of the Sindar be on
Wow...Imagine that on a Ps3 with full capacity of its true potential...Holy...

And Windy And Barbarossa lives?
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

Windy and Barbarossa aren't confirmed dead. They are MIA at the time.

I believe Harmonia is still a very powerful country on a military POV. But internally they seem unstable, and unable to conqured the Grasslands and Zexans only adds fuel to the fire. I think they will destroy themselves before fallen to an entourage of outside forces.

Also if I remember correctly Bishop Sasarai wasn't at all happy to learn he was a clone of Hikusaak. Perhaps we'll see the badguy to goodguy transformation.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
Ness the Mess

Post by Ness the Mess »

The Brittish Empire has lost control of the lower colonies, ceded control of the northern colonies, ceded control of Australia, Inda, multiple African regions, Hong Kong, and lost countless wars in the last 600 years.

Aren't they still a world power? Their culture and language has invaded every nook and cranny of the earth. Though they may not have the most powerful military in the world, they may have in the 18th century, even after waging war with various germanic tribes, France, Rome (and it's many aftermaths) and others.

Think of it this way: Harmonia has lost wars purely because they don't care enough about such petty disputes to put any real energy in to them; they're merely small contests by selfish generals.
Gen. Dirge

Post by Gen. Dirge »

As I remembered from the lessons a few weeks ago, the Roman empire got sacked by Germanic barbarian tribes and was overrun by the Visigoths. Eventually, that became the signal of Rome's fall. Might a similar situation happen to Harmonia? Might nomadic barbarian tribes sack the Holy Kingdom as well?
"I wish that days like this could just go on forever....." -Snowe Vingerhut

http://www.kian-sama.deviantart.com | http://saintdouchebag.tumblr.com/
Hey babycakes ;D
Ness the Mess

Post by Ness the Mess »

OT: I'm sorry, purely a note of personal frustration, but saying German 'barbarian' tribes is only slightly correct; this is a term they were given by Rome. Barbarian is greek for "not greek," and the Romans (what with their worship of Greece) adapted the term for their own use. If we call the Germans of the time barbarians, we must call ourselves barbarians, too.

Back on topic: Since we're now making reference to Rome, perhaps it's important to note that the Holy Roman Empire such as it was existed from aprox 360 ad until the 19th century (Napoleon). The empire lived on in new forms for a long, long time, and one could say that Europe as we know it is purely a product of many countries cecession from Rome (and that all of othe european wars until World Wars I and II were merely fights for who was the propper inheritor of the empire).

Harmonia, likewise, may be seeing some turbulance, but continue to control the world for centuries.