The Distribution of True Runes

Hypothesis for, and analyses of, the various locations and backstory of the Suikoden world.
warmaster670

Post by warmaster670 »

it could just be a coincidence that true rune bearers move to that continent, possibly seeking other rune bearers
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

The Beast Rune is known to have moved from Harmonia to L'renouille on its own, so you must be incorrect.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

Well the thing with teh beast Rune is that we don't know how it moved, whether it just teleported or used a host to move to it's desired location. I mean look at the RoP and Night Runes, both require a 'host' to move them if they wish to leave wher they are. The Night Rune complained of being stranded in S2 in the cave of Wind and unable to leave unless Viktor came for it.

The Beast Rune could have easliy moved into a host and given it the overiding urge to go to Highlands and there placing it'self within L'Reniollue.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

It is believe that the Beast Rune was transferred to L'Renouille. Hikusaak presented it to the Blight Family himself where it lodged itself into the castle.
Wolfblade

Post by Wolfblade »

That was a political ploy be Harmonia to solidify their alliance with Highland. They couldn't actually control the Beast Rune and it left on it's own.
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

It is my personal belief that the true runes exist out side of time as we know it.

They are in the past, present, and future simultaneously.

So they know when the bearers they desire will show up, and when, and thus are connected to wait in certain locations for those whom they desire to come and take possession of them.

Which is why, I believe, the true runes are content to lay in ruins, caves, and in limbo for untold amounts of time.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Correct. It was a political ploy by Harmonia. The Beast Rune had already lodged itself into the castle long before Hikusaak came to "present" it to Highland. I like your idea that they exist outside of time. But, I think they are more of the foundation of existence itself. Time is irrelevant to such entities. Just like gods, they give all form of existence meaning.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

demon eye wrote:Correct. It was a political ploy by Harmonia. The Beast Rune had already lodged itself into the castle long before Hikusaak came to "present" it to Highland. I like your idea that they exist outside of time. But, I think they are more of the foundation of existence itself. Time is irrelevant to such entities. Just like gods, they give all form of existence meaning.
If they were the foundations of existence then the destruction of the TWR would've destroyed the entire world rather than the intended damage. And if that would've happened the that was the TWR's agenda all along. PRetty strange ploy if you ask me. Or the TWR would not have been completely destroyed and kept the world in 'balance' even after its destruction.

Or they arn't the foundation of existence.
Sovereign Rune

Post by Sovereign Rune »

Angelis_Taleria wrote:The runes are spread out all over the world. Proof of this lies in the fact that there are 3 True Runes in Falena.
What are the other 2?
Lourde Incarnadine

Post by Lourde Incarnadine »

Regardless of how they were distributed in the beginning, don't you think that Harmonia's active efforts to gather the Runes has kind of skewed that distribution? When they've been successful at gathering Runes, even the ones that get given away, stolen, or escape may have better chances of sticking relatively nearby than they would otherwise be.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Sovereign Rune wrote:
Angelis_Taleria wrote:The runes are spread out all over the world. Proof of this lies in the fact that there are 3 True Runes in Falena.
What are the other 2?
Spoilers is what they are. So shush.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

SUIKODEN 5 SPOILERS!!!!!

[spoiler]There is only one True Rune in Falena. The Dawn rune and the Twilight runes arn't true runes[/spoiler]

Just needed to clear that up so that people won't get confused
Shinsengumi

Re: The Distribution of True Runes

Post by Shinsengumi »

True Runes have a will of their own to shift from one place to another but since they store fragments of the future they always need a triger move on, that is the Bearer's role or fate.

1-Rune of Punishment, needs someone to Hitchhike. lol
2-Rune of Life and Death, we don't know cause Windy followed it for many many many (Thats 300) years. I think it can travel on its own unlike the Rune of Punishment which needs a host.
3-The Night Rune, ask the Crazy Sword. No the Rune actually traveled with numerous wielders, so yeah it didn't stay in one location.
4-The Gate Rune, ask Leknaat.
5-Dragon Rune, unknown due to the Dragon connection.
6-The Beast Rune, left Harmonia and ended in the Highland Palace.
7-True Fire Rune, waited its fate in the Grasslands. Can it fly somewhere? I think yes, see True Wind Rune and True Earth Rune.
8-True Wind Rune, (Albert's testimony in S3 manga) the Rune left the Ceremonial Site after the battle Between Hugo, Chris, Geddeo and Sasarai against Luc. Maybe all the Elemental Runes can do this too.
9-True Earth Rune, well when its seal was broken in the Ceremonial Site Sasarai was able to draw it back to him. Yup unknown.
10-True Water Rune, Ask Wyatt. :wink:
11-True Lightning Rune, unknown.
12-Sun Rune, for some reason it loves the south. Drying the Ancient Armes and then wait for Falena to be established.
13-Rune of Change, 100% yes due to the Sindar's nature in traveling from on place to another. Though Eternal City can ruin this theory.
14-Circle Rune, ask Hiky.
15-Rune of the Beginning, separation complex and its unkown.
16-Blue Moon Rune, Theft, also unkown.
17-Sovereign Rune, family heirloom still unkown.
18-Eightfold Rune, very crazy wielder with a disturbed childhood, but yeah he ran away from Pesmerga.....??
"In war, truth is the first casualty" ~ Aeschylus
son_michael

Re: The Distribution of True Runes

Post by son_michael »

well since this thread was revived...the Night rune also left on its own when it abandoned the sun rune
highwind44029

Re:

Post by highwind44029 »

Lemmy Claypool wrote:
Sovereign Rune wrote:
What are the other 2?
Spoilers is what they are. So shush.
We can talk about this now, can't we? What were the other two?