Aronia, Foundation of Harmonia, Rupanda and so on.

Hypothesis for, and analyses of, the various locations and backstory of the Suikoden world.
Vincent of Scarlet Moon

Aronia, Foundation of Harmonia, Rupanda and so on.

Post by Vincent of Scarlet Moon »

If the Kingdom of Aronia was overthrown to found Harmonia. And if the old capital of Harmonia was Rupanda, aka Gregminster, wouldn't this mean that Aronia was, in fact, in Toran? And that Harmonia is essentially a Toranese nation seperated from it's point of origin due to war?

Also, if Kranach Rugner took Toran, the center of Harmonia at the time, then how did any of the government survive?

A tad weird, if you ask me.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

It's not necessary that the Kingdom of Aronia's capital was the same place as Rupanda so we can't actually assume that Aronia was established in the same place as Toran. Harmonia made Rupanda the capital not Aronia. It's very likely that Rupanda was established from another land that Harmonia conquered after they defeated the Kingdom of Aronia. But, that is something interesting to look into. But, I think Toran was established from Harmonia and not the other way around.

And as far as the government surviving, you don't have to demolish the whole governmental system when you split. Kranach could have left the governmental system in place, but altered some of it a bit. Rupanda was a thriving city before Kranach Rugner took over so it would have been in his best interest to leave some of the system functioning. Besides, it is incredibly difficult to build a ruling system over from scratch. It's better to do it from a pre-existing foundation. I'm sure Kranach changed a few things, though.
xXSqualleoNXx

Post by xXSqualleoNXx »

I think he meant how Harmonia's government staid intact after they lost their original capital. I guess since the government structure is pretty divided then it would have been so hard to move to Cristal Valley. Harmonia is huge anyway.

As far as I read Aronia suppodsely possesed All the mainland at one time. SO yes and no. Aronia controlled Toran but it aint certain that the capital WAS in Toran.
Hmm...
Butters

Post by Butters »

Its pointless to make another topic about this so i'll just ask you guys
Is it officially stated by Konami that Aronia was over thrown by a group of people that founded Harmonia?

And another thing If harmonia was founded then was Hikusaak leading the group or did he simply take over after it was founded?

Thanks to anyone who clears this up for me.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

According to the Suikoden Timeline, Hikusaak led the rebellion and took over once the
rebellion had ended. The answer is yes to both of your questions.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Arke

Post by Arke »

Wait, where did it ever say the Rupanda was Harmonia's capital at the time? Because I always thought that Rupanda was just an important city in Harmonia, not the capital.
-Beat Suikoden 1+3+4
-Can't find that damn Suikoden 2 anywhere ><
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

http://www.suikosource.com/history/geog ... rmonia.php

"Holy City of Rupanda
The old capital of Harmonia, Rupanda was taken over by Kranach Rugner when the Scarlet Moon Empire succeeded from Harmonia. Since then it has been called Gregminster. It is said that the old city included a Sindar ruin, but the ruin has been destroyed during the creation of Gregminster's "Hanging Gardens." "
Arke

Post by Arke »

ah, thanks for clearing that up for me.
-Beat Suikoden 1+3+4
-Can't find that damn Suikoden 2 anywhere ><
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

I have a question about the capitals. When Rupanda was taken away from Harmonia, was their any info about how long it took for Harmonia to build Crystal Valley as thier new capital, or did Crystal Valley already exist during time Rupanda was still Harmonia's capital?
Templeton
Banned User

Post by Templeton »

I have this idea of Aronia not only being the name of an overthrown nation, but of either being the name of the suikoden world or being the name of the nation which controled the known suikoden world at one point.

If this government existed then I would speculate that Aronia was a democratic republic with a utopian like order for all of the suikoden world.
We then see the Hero War erupt where Hikkusak takes over this nation and orders it to be called "Harmonia". This would be a none democratic state which would have those who object to the system. We then see seperations of places like Dunan, Island Nations, Falena and so on.

The whole point of the suikoden series could very well be about re-establishing this Aronian order which was overthrown by Hikussak.
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Harmonia would have fallen when they lost a capital.

Well, And it those fall together Because Highland,City state and all that are free now aswell. I wonder how they could survive that long and losing a very big part of the empire!
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.
Templeton
Banned User

Post by Templeton »

Gregminister is rather small compared to what we hear about Crystal Valley. What I wonder about Crystal Valley is if it existed at the same time as Rapunda (Gregminister) or was it just some kind of forest surronded by a Valley (That's if it was surrounded like that and it was just some name given to a city).

That makes me wonder; is there any proof that Crystal Valley is actually a Valley?
future_suikoden_writer

Post by future_suikoden_writer »

hmm,,a pretty good question,in wars,when the capital is captured,the whole country is defeated,so how did harmonia survives?maybe the government their evacuated and went to another city to make it as capital
johnrolliemar0709

Re: Aronia, Foundation of Harmonia, Rupanda and so on.

Post by johnrolliemar0709 »

well.. haromina is big country... when they losy (rupanda) maybe they moved they're capital to crystal valley since it is said huge?? i dont know if it's true
losing the (the holy city of rupanda) is a reason to give up the whole kingdom of harmonia..
remember what are they after 4 is to get all the true rune's
that's losing rupanda is not a reason 4 them 2 gve up what they hve started ]

heheheheheh..... srry 4 the bad grammar ehhehe
JanusThePaladin

Re: Aronia, Foundation of Harmonia, Rupanda and so on.

Post by JanusThePaladin »

Thats not bad grammar, that has to be on purpose.

Anyway, a country that loses its capital is not neccesarily defeated, the capital of the US was destroyed (Twice) and its still around. With the same capital no less.

I dont quite remember, someone clear this up for me, but wasnt the seperation of the Scarlet Moon Empire a partially mutual thing, like Highland?