Rune of Change

Hypothesis for, and analyses of, the various locations and backstory of the Suikoden world.
Kitphiroth

Rune of Change

Post by Kitphiroth »

I don't know if there has been a thread dedicated to the rune of change, but I am interested in talking about it. If someone did have it, I always believed it would be difficult to master and be planted on the person's forehead as it would be kind of controlling to the person who had it. All runes appear to have some sort of side consequences to a degree or some idea that it has in general. I believe it would have some abilities that sorted like nature ones.

Examples: Seasons

I'd like to think of different types of spells and side consequences, but I can't think of anything other than the original 'causes the person to wander forever' type deal.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Re: Rune of Change

Post by wataru14 »

I always thought that the Rune of Change would come into conflict with the Circle Rune at some point. Possibly in the final Suikoden. Especially with the Dharma vs. Chaos battle that Luc foresaw happening in S3.
Kitphiroth

Post by Kitphiroth »

Same, I wrote a huge theory about it but I get so embarrassed to ever write up one of my theories. When I see the crazy ones, I don't want to be apart of it, lol. But, anyways, yeah I know it would always come full circle (haha geddit!?) with the change rune and circle rune.
Kobold

Post by Kobold »

Yeah, I've always thought that the whole point of Murayama giving the background info on the Circle and Change rune, along with S3's plot suggested that the grand Suikoden finale was meant to be in Harmonia, with the conflict between the two. Perhaps with the protagonist being a Sindarin descendent that somehow inherited the Rune of Change.

Unfortunately, we'll probably never find out...
Long time lurker...