Ture Rune and INcarnation confusion?

Hypothesis for, and analyses of, the various locations and backstory of the Suikoden world.
RevKoden

Ture Rune and INcarnation confusion?

Post by RevKoden »

umm...im stil confused on true rune and it's incarnation....
I still baffled how come a true rune can have an incarnation, and what is the purpose for their incarnation, like can they talk, and why are they aggresive..
IM still confused and im writing a suikoden fanfic, about the eastern landmass which still in progress that is why i want some infos about this.
EstrangedIX

Re: Ture Rune and INcarnation confusion?

Post by EstrangedIX »

Well, we know that the Night Rune became the Star Dragon Sword to cut himself loose from the Sun Rune. He talks, and can be a bit snarky. Other than that, we really don't know much about their reasons. It could be possible that the rincars have their manifestations as a highest level spell kind of thing, and maybe their aggression because of their connections with their bearers and the bearers' purposes to using them (or caretakers in the cases of those not attached to bearers). That's just guessing on my part so don't hold me to it. It hasn't really been addressed in the games though, so it's hard to tell. Good questions, though. I do kinda wonder if the other Runes have attitudes like the SDS or if he's an exception to some unspecified rule. The closest we get to any of the others communicating is the vision shown to Luc, of which the specifics are debatable. It would be nice to know about the different Runes' personalities and if they differ on issues and such.
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

The Night Rune does seem to be unique in being a rune that talks to people and exists as a sword instead of a glowing shape waiting for a body to come along and absorb it.

But the Star Dragon Sword does always accept the quest to take down Neclord. I think he may have some kind of instinct driving him to stop people like Neclord from misusing the powers of darkness (or whatever, since he does address Neclord as a "servant of the darkness") The other true runes aren't as vocal as the Night Rune, so the heroes tend to need someone like Leknaat or Zerase to monitor their use of the rune's power.

The sun rune seemed to become some sort of fairy-like being, and the beast rune becomes a two headed wolf... These seemed to happen at critical moments during the wars where their powers were being used and abused. I don't know if anyone wants to elaborate on that...
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

I always thought of the Rune incarnations is the way the True Runes act when they have no bearer. We know that runes 'choose their bearer', which means they have some kind of will of their own. When we see the Beast Rune, The Night Rune (SD Sword) and the Sun Rune, they are all without bearers. Perhaps they choose not to have physical bearers, perhaps there is no one suitable around, idk. I always just saw it as the Rune taking matters into its own hands and creating a physical form. (Not commenting on S3 as I only played it once due to the region issues. Wouldn't want to say something dumb)

Also the Sun Rune's incarnation is a Moth, isn't it? Falena means 'moth' in [insert language here]

EDIT: Italian!
Last edited by Nikisaur on Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Nikisaur wrote:Also the Sun Rune's incarnation is a Moth, isn't it? Falena means 'moth' in Italian.
Woah, now that was an awesome bit if Trivia. <_<
Aerolithe Lion

Post by Aerolithe Lion »

I think it must be the analogy of a moth obsessed with light
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

I always thought it was a butterfly because when I think of the sun and its life giving warmth, I think of grassy meadows full of butterflies, but I guess moth makes sense too.
PSN: FreshMetal80
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Well Moths are like light-addicts. They're doing what they can to get their fix.
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

ITALIAN! That's the one! I think it's a cool fact. The way moths are attracted to and are obsessed with light kinda sums up the Queendom/Sun Rune dealie.
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Intersting bit of info about the moth!

I originally thought it was a butterfly (for similar reasons that freshmetal mentioned!) plus I always associate moths with night time.

To be honest, the boss at the end of suikoden 5 does have crap graphics so its kinda hard to distinguish, but upon looking at konami's official concept drawings for the creature in the S5 strategy book, I see that it's supposed to resemble a female armoured statue (Godwin does activate the rune on a statue) with magical wings sprouting out the back, which is why I just called it a fairy-like being, plus the two things that accompany it are called sprites!