Suikoden Geography Curiousities

Hypothesis for, and analyses of, the various locations and backstory of the Suikoden world.
Flufflez

Suikoden Geography Curiousities

Post by Flufflez »

-In the suikoverse there is a night and day cycle
-In the suikoverse there is a sun and a moon, both of which are round and have the same relative size as the sun and moon of Earth

In order for the suikoverse to experience a night and day cycle with the one sun and one moon that they have, either the world would need to revolve around the sun or the sun would need to revolve around the world. This also suggests but does not prove a round suikoplanet.

-19 of 27 true runes have been revealed on the land explored in the first 5 suikoden games. It is likely (and perhaps even mentioned in the games?) that the true runes are evenly distributed throughout the world.
-The above would suggest that there is not a lot of land left to be explored in the suikoden world.
-In the land explored in the first 5 suikoden games we see very little climate change. There are an abundance of possible explanations for this, including but not limited to:
-Vast ocean area in the colder climate areas.
-Unexplored lands that do not contain true runes.
-Several possibilities concerning orbital path and round vs. flat world

I think what's most compelling about this analysis is the idea that we may be close to knowing the layout of the entire suikoden world, or if that's not true, the possibility of seeing areas that haven't been "tainted" by true runes.
Antimatzist

Re: Suikoden Geography Curiousities

Post by Antimatzist »

-19 of 27 true runes have been revealed on the land explored in the first 5 suikoden games. It is likely (and perhaps even mentioned in the games?) that the true runes are evenly distributed throughout the world.
Not really. 5 alone are/were in the Grasslands and I think that 17 of all of them are on the north continent (only Sun Rune and Rune of Punishment are somewhere more southern).

-The above would suggest that there is not a lot of land left to be explored in the suikoden world.
Iirc the Suikoden world still has to big continents int he west and the east but time will tell if this is true and we will ever see them. At least the western continent is more or less confirmed iirc, wasn't Zelant on there?
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

That map in the other thread got me to wondering about some of this as well. Is it possible that the eastern land mass could actually be connected to the western continent? Given the size and proportion of the northern continent, it looks like there isn't a whole lot missing if you tried to make that map into a globe. Also, and I'm sure this was never intended, but has anyone else ever thought the land masses look as if though there's a plate tectonics kind of separation? If that were applied, one could guess at a vague shape of missing land in between the already known portions.

The Rune distribution could be due to the Sindar. Or for all we know, a large civilization on the western continent got fed up with some Rune related warmongering and banned them with their bearers lol

@anti: Zelant appears to be an island just off the coast of the western continent.
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE
Flufflez

Post by Flufflez »

anti we also know that at least at one point in time, harmonia was collecting true runes. this would explain a lot of the true runes being in the northern continent. if estranged is right and the west/east continent are the same thing and we have a globe with very little left to be explored north/south, then 8 runes in the remaining area wouldn't be too horrible of a distribution especially considering travel time of the other runes.
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

The top and bottom portions of the map are missing as well. I wonder if there is an Antarctica type of continent at one of the polar regions. That would be cool as long as they don't make us suffer penguin people lol
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I guess Falena is more or less in the position of Australia, so there is definitely plaxe south of it fr a polar region.

About zelant: I think the map just makes assumptions on that, but I am not sure.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

If Falena is Australia, then where's Nagarea? South Pole?