A Rune Classification or Hierarchical System

Hypothesis for, and analyses of, the various locations and backstory of the Suikoden world.
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

A Rune Classification or Hierarchical System

Post by suiko2fan2 »

So like over the past year, ever so often i thought about a class system for the True runes and all the other runes and what it would look like. So about 5 months ago, i began to make just such a Hierarchical model for the runes, working a little here and there. Finally, i got it mostly finished (still a little tweaking left to do) and thought I'd finally share it. I am not sure if it belongs in this particular thread, but it seemed as good of place as any. I based the class system mostly on the skill system of Suikoden, with a few deliberate changes. It is pretty detailed in terms of descriptions, criteria, and justifications. I know not everyone will agree with where i placed certain runes i am sure, but i tried to as fair as possible.

I am interested to hear what people have to say about it, so feedback would really be appreciated, you can just leave in this thread. thanks!

The class system can be viewed here:

http://www.personal.psu.edu/bef149/suik ... ystem.html
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
Lovecraft_elder

Re: A Rune Classification or Hierarchical System

Post by Lovecraft_elder »

To be frank, it seems that the classifications depends on which rune has more power than another. I agree with some of it, since a Fire Rune definately is less powerful than a Rage Rune, however, all True Runes are equal in terms of power. Instead of listing it as D, E, and so on up to S, I think you should try to catagorize them with names, such as a catagory called: Runes of Creation, that could contain the True Element Runes, the Rune of Beginning and so on.

Otherwise, good work. Must have taken quite some time. : )
"Everytime you try to drag real life physics into a fantasy setting, God kills a catgirl!" - Please, think of the catgirls!
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

I'm pretty sure it's been mentioned that True Runes are all equal in power. Different aspects, and different ways, but they are equal.
Lovecraft_elder

Post by Lovecraft_elder »

As far as I'm concerned, all True Runes are equal. None is greater than any other. However, I don't remember in which game I read this.
"Everytime you try to drag real life physics into a fantasy setting, God kills a catgirl!" - Please, think of the catgirls!
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Post by suiko2fan2 »

I did like the idea of category based class system, sort of like star trek and their starships.

Thats ok i don't mind if people think all the true runes are equal, one can make a decent argument for it. But i have yet to see an official answer from Konami one way or another on the issue. So far, there has only been speculation thats all, which is all i am doing as well.

in terms of in game example of equality among the True Runes, your probably thinking Suikoden 3, when Luc attacks Geddoe with his True Wind, but Geddoe's True Lightning blocks it. Luc says something like "we're apparently equal in power." Which is fine, i have never not question that, i do think all the elemental TR are equal in power, along with with many other that right around that level power. but i do think there are a few very so slightly above that, which i have mentioned the whats, hows, and whys on my sight.

In the end, i really dont care, because it really is honest and truly fun and games...hehe
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun