true wind rune

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
Kranach

true wind rune

Post by Kranach »

I don't know if this has been discussed already. I still don't want to believe that Luc is dead. but if he really is what ever happened to the true wind rune? well I don't know if my memory is correct cause it must be 4 years since I last played suiko 3 and I'm still enjoying chapter 4. now i just learned that the only person with an s affinity to wind is Luc and next to him is the only A+our not so popular tenkai star Thomas. wow I did not know he had an A+ affinity with wind, his affinity is better than the magicians. and no one wonders? well if Iremember correctly Thomas went with Sasarai to get back the true earth. so definitely he was on the final battle. unless my memory is screwed up and I just put him there. so maybe after Luc died the true wind rune sensed Thomas. and it was thinking, hmmm... tenkai star, no true rune, A+ compatability... perfect match... so the true wind rune transfered itself to Thomas, and Thomas just didn't say anything cause for him that is not a big thing. I mean Thomas is a tenkai star so he has an IMPORTANCE not only in the game but the whole suikoden world in general... I know that there are a lot of non-tenkai that posses a true rune. but usually, true runes or it's powerful offsprings or components are attracted to tenkai stars because of the great potential lying inside of them. so the true runes uses this to its own purposes.

my second argument about the true wind:
true runes are said to be entities that have their own will. they chose the person that will suite them. but in the case of true earth and true wind they were forced to go inside luc and sasarai. it was said in the manga that sasarai was a perfect host while luc was a deformed one. now I guessed the true runes did like luc and sasarai cause they did not abandon
them. but in the events of suikoden 3. luc said even if he wants to he can't
remove the true wind from him. but he was able to take the true earth from sasarai. so that brings me back to the manga. maybe luc is a really deformed host for the rune. but then the true wind rune knows that luc wants to destroy him. but either he can't detach himself from luc or it did
want to be destroyed. or maybe it knew that luc will not succeed, so it didn't bother to leave luc.
Suikoden I - Fuma/Kage/Kasumi
Suikoden II - Mondo/sasuke/Kasumi
Suikoden III - Landis/Watari/Ayame
Suikoden IV - Akaghi/Mizuki/Kate
Suikoden V - Shigure/Sagiri/Raven
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

well this has been discussed quite a bit....

Thomas certaintly had an unusual amount of mastery over the wind element...whether this was for gameplay purposes or a secret revelation by murayama...will never be known....-_-

Its certaintly plausable that Thomas could be destined for something greater than what we see of him in Suikoden 3 but I honestly dont think the True Wind Rune would want another bearer....throughout Suikoden 3 we know that the True Wind Rune was forced into Luc, that its permanetly attached to him and cant leave unless Luc dies.....Luc believes that if he can destroy the true wind rune he will be breaking the chains of fate which he believes binds everyone against there will

but....many speculate that the True Wind Rune is just using its influence on Luc to ultimatley make Luc kill himself so that it can be free...in other words its lying to Luc with the visions ect ect

so I think if Thomas was meant to do anything great as a Tenkai...its gonna happen when he's older and yes he very well might get a True rune but I cant see the True Wind Rune going to Thomas after finally being freed of its prison AKA Luc
Last edited by son_michael on Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kranach

Post by Kranach »

i haven't thought of that possibility. but hugo also saw a vision similar to luc. and he was chosen be the true fire rune.
The Prophet

Post by The Prophet »

If I recall correctly, Luc used the True Wind Rune to communicate with the True Fire Rune in order to project that vision in Hugo's mind. It could simply be another projection trying to gain the desire of the True Wind Rune, or it simply could be one possible scenario in which the True Runes envisioned for the world.
Archer

Re: true wind rune

Post by Archer »

Although I agree with the True Wind Rune manipulating Luc and likewise the other elemental runes having their part to play I'm confused about the point. I'm not sure why the True Wind would want to be free when it seems the runes are doing everything in their power to GET bearers, or atleast the /right/ bearers. Could be it realised Luc wasn't right and needed a way to be rid of him, this would be an amazing revelation as far as the will of the runes are concerned and would explain as to why Luc had his visions. I mean, it would hardly show him all that if he was just going to freak out and try to destroy the rune. After all, Luc was never a chosen bearer. Luc was a lovely character but he's over now, thats the way Suikoden works, people die. It doesn't seem likely we'd get another tenkai discovering the True Wind as i'm sure Konami want to keep things fresh and reveal as many of the True runes as they can before the games finale but if the rune wants another bearer, i'm sure it will have no trouble finding one. Theres always the matter of someone taking the rune away and not bearing it.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Archer wrote:Although I agree with the True Wind Rune manipulating Luc and likewise the other elemental runes having their part to play I'm confused about the point. I'm not sure why the True Wind would want to be free when it seems the runes are doing everything in their power to GET bearers, or atleast the /right/ bearers. Could be it realised Luc wasn't right and needed a way to be rid of him, this would be an amazing revelation as far as the will of the runes are concerned and would explain as to why Luc had his visions. I mean, it would hardly show him all that if he was just going to freak out and try to destroy the rune. After all, Luc was never a chosen bearer. Luc was a lovely character but he's over now, thats the way Suikoden works, people die. It doesn't seem likely we'd get another tenkai discovering the True Wind as i'm sure Konami want to keep things fresh and reveal as many of the True runes as they can before the games finale but if the rune wants another bearer, i'm sure it will have no trouble finding one. Theres always the matter of someone taking the rune away and not bearing it.

wind has always been a symbol of freedom...it could be that the True wind rune didn't want a bearer..it just wanted to be free and it took measures to make Luc do just that,remember that True runes are sentient beings....or it could be like you said...that Luc wasn't the chosen bearer and it needed to get rid of him so it can be with the destined bearer
Last edited by son_michael on Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kranach

Post by Kranach »

the night rune turned itself into the zodiac sword. cause it was bored, if the true wind rune wants to be free, why did it killed it's bearer? ok let's set aside the ideas of the true wind rune cause konami will not answer that. since they will only create their own story since the creator left them. i mean suikoden will never be the same again. we will not know it from the creators point of view. but from the people whom he left the series. i wonder if before the creator left, if all the true runes were revealed to konami, the importance of the characters, the geography, history and everything. so if konami answers what the wind rune wants, is it the creators point of view?
Archer

Post by Archer »

Its possible that True Wind's plan all along was to kill itself and Luc was needed to achieve that goal, its not like the rune has a self destruct mechanism or anything. Everything may have been True Wind's doing after all but seeing as it was foiled, we'll never know. I don't think simply being buried under mountains of rubble attatched to Luc's rotting corpse would be considered real freedom by any standards. If someone comes along to claim the rune after Luc's demise than it may have been the True Wind Rune's plan to get a new bearer and if we never see nor hear of the rune again then maybe all of Luc's actions were part of the runes plan for self destruction. I do share your sentiments though, who knows what Konami intend to do with it now that Murayama has left?
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

Then what if the next Tenkai is the new True Wind Rune bearer?
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.
Silverberg

Post by Silverberg »

I think it'd be pretty cool if in a final installment when all the True Rune bearers gather, Thomas shows up and is like "um . . . hi. I got this rune on my hand a few years back." and is now the true wind rune bearer. There has to be more to Thomas's story. He's too likeable to just be tossed aside after the game is over.
"Black Rune, pink balloon! This guy killed Gremio!!!"